Topic: Field Container Destruction

While swimming around the Beta Islands with the Corporation, we raided a small mining spot, and were left with a locked Field Container. Seeing as we had no chance of actually opening it, we were content with denying the resources to the defeated pilots, and locked on. We readied our weapons, and...

Nothing.

Apparently, weapons can't lock onto That shape of metal. While I can understand the thought behind making them invulnerable, I don't think it's fair to do on a PvP Island. Apart from realism or even fairness, I can think of a situation where a group can quickly deposit all of their valuables into this container, after spotting a raiding party 1000km out. I simply think that this is just a very strange move, and I suggest that they simply be destructible. Nothing more, Nothing less.

TL;DR: Field Containers should be able to be blown up.

Comments and Discussions are encouraged.
~Nero

Re: Field Container Destruction

This was taken out of game a LONG time ago.  People were griefing the *** out of newbies doing this all the time.  Bad idea.

What should happen, though, is that field containers unlock to public after the 10 minute timer is up.  Gives the owners an "oh sh*t" moment that they know they need to get their stuff out, and gives pirates and scavengers a chance to get the loot.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Surely there's a way to allow the killing of cans in nullsec?  PvP flag or something?

Best you can do right now is deny the corp access to the field container for 10 minutes, and it destroys itself.

Karism wrote:

Best you can do right now is deny the corp access to the field container for 10 minutes, and it destroys itself.

Which is bull*shirt!*.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Can't be that difficult making containers destructable in pvp enabled areas. Just give them enough hps that a lone arkhe can't run by and shoot it down in 10 seconds.

Hanging around for 10 minutes to watch it despawn doesn't sound very fun for the reward.

This should be destructible and have same loot rules as robots, ie. you can loot whats left after destruction.

Make them non pvp flagged on alpha islands and pvp flagged on beta islands, problem solved.

I would suggest that if you kill the bot that last activated it the security lock is reset to public. No since at all in good hard labor going to waist be it the labor of the person who did the killing or the person who mined that 4 million titan ore.

Destructable in pvp enabled areas and once destroyed is fully lootable as a player would be (50% like pvp drops seems decent)

I just assumed this was how it was on beta islands. It really should be.