1 (edited by kurg 2010-11-27 00:30:46)

Topic: Tutorial Assignment: .../File #3a [help]

i took Tutorial Assignment: .../File #3a, at which point as instructed i went to the teleport station selected my destination and then my client froze.

Now when i try to log in i stare at a blank/black screen, its been this way for the past few hours.

I posted in the BUGS forum, but nothing. Is there a support channel, forums, ticket system ANYTHING that i can submit and get some help?

Thanks.

Re: Tutorial Assignment: .../File #3a [help]

It's possible that your character got stuck somehow. We have disconnected it now, so try again please.

If this wasn't the problem then it might be a client corruption, in which case delete the perpetuum.gbf file, then run the game again and wait till it downloads the datafile again and then see if it works.

DEV Zoom wrote:

(..) in which case delete the perpetuum.gbf file, then run the game again and wait till it downloads the datafile again and then see if it works.

Thank you for the quick reply!! Doing that as i type smile Hopefully that will be the case.

still the same problem, as soon as i log in and click on my character all i see is a blank/black screen (with background music).

Is it possible perhaps my client fell out of sync with the server while transitioning to the new zone/area and now im 'stuck' in between?

Well good news, found the problem.

I had to open additional TCP ports on my Firewall
TCP/18800:18900

Thanks for the help and tips!!

kurg wrote:

Nice, I'm sure all the script kiddies will enjoy that info and put it to good use.

- M2S -

U betr run!

I had something similar happen to me once.

Did you maximize the mission window?

Did you abort the mission and leave the maxed mission window open?

Doomviper wrote:
kurg wrote:

Nice, I'm sure all the script kiddies will enjoy that info and put it to good use.

Not if he opened them properly, i.e. outward only.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us