Topic: Standings/reputation with npc corps

New to the game from Eve so forgive me if I get the terminolgy confused.

How much do standings/reputation with the main corps matter and how easy is it to gain or lose? Is it possible or practical to get high standings with 2 or more of the big 3 ? Are some of them more strongly opposed to each other than others ?

Re: Standings/reputation with npc corps

Right now, improving relations will unlock more lucrative assignments. It will also offer a bonus to refining/recycling/etc. Every assignment will improve relation with some corps, and decrease relation with other corps. (i.e. TMA + 0.05, ASI -0.01). It is possible to get high standings with 2 or more - practicality depends on what your goal is.
I don't get what you mean by strongly oppose =P

In Eve some corps factions really hated each other - if I did Amarr missions then Gallente would be a bit annoyed with me but Minmatar would really hate me. Is there any of this in Perp ? For example does either of the  other megas particularly hate it if I run missions for T-M  or do both of the others dislike it equally ?

You can run missions for all of the corporations, at first you get a more than you lose from other corps, after some time you are going to get lik 0.02 and lose 0.01 on the others. So it's possible to have all corps high, but hard and would prolly take more than you need to get all skills at 10 wink

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Thanks

I created this character with T-M so will run missions for them and probably one of the other two, let the thrid one go. Is there anyreason to select one over another? Either ease of tsrgets or value?

I assume the Asian corp mostly shoots at the yellow robots, the Euro one at blue is this right?

6 (edited by Norrdec 2011-06-30 11:45:55)

The things you have to look at are:

• Are  you going to use the faction ammo from mission rewards?

• Are you going to be on this color island to use the bonuses from reputation?

• Is your corp going to use these islands, so you can finish missions from beta

• Is your bot going to have an easy time killing npc (PVE missions)

<GargajCNS> we maim to please