Topic: DEV gesture

We are all very happy to see so many new players moving to the world of NIA.

The DEV´s are probable sweating blood and water, to get the relay server running smoothly again, to accommodate the sudden increase of players. (Wheras it needs to be mentioned, that the servers are very well capable of accommodating more then a 1000 players)

The login limitations and lags at the present are sadly an unfavorable first impression of the otherwise quite stable and smoothly running Perpetuum world.

I have heard voices speak up and ask if it wouldn´t be a nice gesture of the DEV´s to add some extra game time to the player accounts, to compensate the lags and compromised player experience. So I thought I manifest this here, with a post smile

Walk Save and Godspeed,

o7

MoBIoS

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: DEV gesture

I agree they should reduce each person's game time by 1 day, so we can compensate them for working overtime to keep us playing.

What I see is a little bit of animosity towards the new players - the downside is flooding the server, the upside is more subs to keep this game going and growing. If they give 1 day to each account, they will be giving away at least 500 days for which they will not earn money. I would rather have a well paid dev fixing my game.

I'm one of the new players who has subbed and not been able to get on much. Personally speaking I really appreciate the effort the Devs are putting into fixing the server limit issues and at this time I wouldn't expect to be given game time as a result of the problems.

It seems to me that PO is a growing game and issues like this are to be expected and tolerated -- I'm sure the problems will get resolved!

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

As Gargaj mentioned here we will definitely compensate lost game time after we solved the current server issues.

ty Gargaj for Info

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

I'm used to this since I lived through the 900+ exception error windows that would tile across my screen in Eve or the eternal black screens of death upon session change...for months on end. Not really concerned about getting comp'd on time because of servers having issues.

A big lag spike about two hours ago cost me a Yagel + fittings (all T1 stuff) and it kind of hurt the wallet a bit being a new player and all, but really it is just par for the course. Already made enough NIC to be able to buy one on the market and just keep going.

Glad to see devs trying to get it situated

AngryMusheen wrote:

I'm used to this since I lived through the 900+ exception error windows that would tile across my screen in Eve or the eternal black screens of death upon session change...for months on end. Not really concerned about getting comp'd on time because of servers having issues.

A big lag spike about two hours ago cost me a Yagel + fittings (all T1 stuff) and it kind of hurt the wallet a bit being a new player and all, but really it is just par for the course. Already made enough NIC to be able to buy one on the market and just keep going.

You may petition that loss and it will be reimbursed. Please write a mail to support@perpetuum-online.com.

DEV Calvin wrote:

You may petition that loss and it will be reimbursed. Please write a mail to support@perpetuum-online.com.

Wait... what... your logs show *something* ?!?!? tongue

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

They are logging anger and despair - when it spikes they now you lost something big_smile j/k j/k
The reimbursement is great if you died to a crash in pve smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

10 (edited by Melor Rend 2011-06-28 15:43:36)

Of course it's a shame that the first few days have been so unstable for me and the other EVE refugees. However, any long-term EVE players will be more then used to some slight instability and server issues here and there. I personally have no problems with server issues as long as the communication between the Devs and customers remains so good.

A quick "Damn guys, server is dying, we're limiting logins for a while" is worth way more to me then some slick Dev Blog written by some PR-bastard.

It shows me that the Devs are basically just cool internet geeks that want to create a cool game and know what their players are also just internet geeks that prefer being talked to like normal people and none of this "Dear Customer" bull.

So take your time to fix the issues - we'll still be here when you're done. wink

And to my fellow EVE refugees I'd like to say: be gentle and think back to EVE a few years ago. Yes it was a little more unstable but it was a game made by gamers for gamers (instead of what it is today - a cash cow for ex-CITIBANK investment bankers to maintain their undeserved high living standards on our backs).

Personally I'll choose the server issues any day!

Cheers
Melor

PS. Yes, I know I'm bitter. I'm already visiting a shrink for it! yikes

Major Hazzard wrote:

I'm one of the new players who has subbed and not been able to get on much. Personally speaking I really appreciate the effort the Devs are putting into fixing the server limit issues and at this time I wouldn't expect to be given game time as a result of the problems.

It seems to me that PO is a growing game and issues like this are to be expected and tolerated -- I'm sure the problems will get resolved!

Can i have a monocle?

As a player who has been here since launch, I have experienced both ups and downs. I can't help but feel that a lot of these "devs are great!" posts are from the afterglow of leaving CCP. I am afraid that once that "glow" is over, that people will jump on the anti-dev bandwagon. I want to point out that while the devs here are great people, they are still people, and will make mistakes. However, what they do best is that they listen to the playerbase, and they work tirelesly and quickly to resolve issues. I have stuck with this game for so long because I do believe that the dev's in this game have been the most professional (and quirky) than any other I have played. Above all, they churn out content very very quickly.

To sum up, the devs have been the best since launch and are not putting up a "show" just for new players. If ever the 'glow' from leaving CCP disappears, please don't jump on the bash-the-dev bandwagon!

Alfredson, very good advice.  Us Ex-Pats can get ornery at times but I think we also appreciate and can see the love and commitment the PO devs have for this game and community.

I've put my pitchfork down and don't plan on taking it up again anytime soon. smile

Melor Rend wrote:

A quick "Damn guys, server is dying, we're limiting logins for a while" is worth way more to me then some slick Dev Blog written by some PR-bastard.

I've yet to see a Dev here pull a Captain Arogant, nor do they appear eager to demonstrate putting a fire out with petrol and putting sand in the vasaline smile

Major Hazzard wrote:
DEV Calvin wrote:

Wait... what... your logs show *something* ?!?!? tongue

Believe it or not, their logs show something almost all the time. Sometimes they show someone being a huckster and trying to fake a loss, but rather often, when the logs show a legitimate discon/lag loss, the logs DO show it - and they make good on it. Not always, but surprisingly often.

It's almost like... in that other game... they're LYING to you about the logs.

<.<
>.>

(waiting for the black helicopters)

Friedrich Psitalon wrote:

It's almost like... in that other game... they're LYING to you about the logs.

They are, it's one of the :rage: things the other company finds funny: crappy customer service.  OFC, it's not like I've got saved copies of a pettion closed with "there are no bugs in <mmo>" and another with "there is no lag in <mmo>" but only because I didn't export them from the website.

I just joined Prepetuum a few days ago and I really like it and I am going to stay.
But I really don´t like it not being able to connect to the server because some kind of cap was reached. Didn´t you guys have like 1k players online during beta?

How comes you have to cap with 500 ppl online?

And pls don´t just reimburse fully subbed players, I have two accounts, where one is still on Trial because shatteredcrystal ran out of every single GTC for Perp...

Kick them Shattered guys somewhere pls smile

o/

There's an issue in their softwarez (Them hampsters broke a bone :<). We can only hope for a fix smile but it's looking better and better it would seem.:)

AngryMusheen wrote:

If you petition a GM or Dev, you will be reimbursed for lost mechs due to server issue. YES THEY DO! Be in the last station you were in before you lost it and they will return it to you as equipped when you lost it. Just NOTE you will have 0 HP. Undock from station and repair it to full yourself.  (its 0 because thats the last instance of your mech before it was blown up and thats just how it works)