Re: Server load issues in the last 48 hours

LLIAXTEP wrote:

Despite this hidden bug and login problems we are glad to see new players. smile

I have found the community to be very friendly and accommodating so far. Yesterday there was someone offering Free Stuff to the EveO refugees and everyone has been great with our noob questions. Being personally greeted by the GMs et al. was an awesome experience.

So, I don't really mind if it takes a week or longer to fix the issue (although I hope it doesn't, of course) - this place is cool and I intend to stay for a while.

Andrea The Griffin wrote:

So, I don't really mind if it takes a week or longer to fix the issue (although I hope it doesn't, of course) - this place is cool and I intend to stay for a while.

I believe they will fix that bug tomorrow because devs work rather fast. I suppose they haven't been sleeping for that 48 hours. smile

I'd just like to put my weight behind the 'don't worry about rushing a quick-fix, get a good fix instead' camp to the devs.  Doing an excellent job, in the face of what may have been quite an unexpected influx of noobs wink

I'm an Eve refugee, but I won't be heading back there in the near future - I've subbed for three months here, which is more than I ever did with Eve, and so far the experience has been excellent.

One thing I don't particularly like is the 'flocking' of the Eve refugees into one corp - I know there were a lot of ppl in Eve that didn't share my point of view, and I don't necessarily want to be in the same corp as ppl who son't have my outlook.  I think it could also be a bit "us and them" as well - which is something I can feel starting to develop here which could get a bit antagonistic.  In the long run, it could lead to some interesting politic though, so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Anyway, I think I'll float around out of NeX at the moment - I'll wait until Perpetuum Uni gets founded wink

Anyway, long post, but done now.

Walk safe! o7

Holy hell, its HP Lovecraft!

Devs, you couldn't have handled this influx better so far.

This will do wonders for the future of this game.

Concise and prompt explanations for what's going on means I'm not bothered by not being able to play.

Communication (and the trust it builds), it's a wonderful thing. *cough*

Good luck with the fix.

LC, many of the existing corps are full of 'early eve leavers'. There has been 8 months of retraining eve FC's to Perp FC since the combat is different in a number of critical points. Still, an all anti-monocle corp will fit in just fine, there are plenty of us vs them politics already within the existing structure, one more will actually help wink

Quick I DC'ed!  Someone grab my spot! big_smile  I'll keep this short:

Amazingly huge kudos to everyone who has been exhibiting an extraordinary amount of friendliness and patience to all of us. 

This literally has been so exciting for me it is the first time since 2005 that I sat down to an mmo and realized that, oh no, I've been up WAY past my bedtime.  I think... wow.  I think I feel young again.  And IT FEELS GOOD!

(rallying cry + realism = We will scorch the earth! ...with our smoldering bot corpses...! )

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

well even though there have been probs today, I for one have just subbed to full account.... So can't be all that bad lol smile

Keep up the good work, wink

HP Lovecraft wrote:

Anyway, I think I'll float around out of NeX at the moment - I'll wait until Perpetuum Uni gets founded wink

Anyway, long post, but done now.

Walk safe! o7

I think many regarded E-corp here as the equivalent to eve uni.  But, they mainly just exploited noobs and got rolled in pvp.

I'm also againt one big blob corp, but I think once the corp decides on its structure you'll see people leaving to find a like minded corp.  Good luck to NeX none the less.

->You just lost The Game<-

you'll probably find alot of the EVE players came here genuinly looking for an alternate game to EVE, i am an eve player that logged back in today with a subbed account and was there when all the servers crashed, i cant speak for other ex eve'ers but sorry about that Boy C.

Hi there!
I'm an ex-eve player, too.
I like this game and i like things like beeing helped a lot by devs/gms and a lot of other players during noob-times. also subbed and sorry for the server problems (mostly) caused by us roll
say "no" to monocles wink

No problem guys, take your time and fix the issue. But this is NOT the best time to be turning players away... ^^  Of course, when has Murphy ever picked good times for one of his antics?  I'd imagine getting things back up and running is your HIGHEST priority right now.  You could end up with more players, sooner, than you ever imagined. ^^

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Thanks Devs for making me feel at home. I have subbed myself and an alt for 3 months and am looking forward to many more 3-month re-subs in the near future! smile

I am enjoying the game, responsiveness from the devs and the fact we managed to break the server, how long has that been big_smile I am sure things will be sorted over the next few days and that we can all go play the game as it's intended....

sidenote: OMFG I see to many bots in New Virginia... so many bots! cool

I have no doubt once people are getting settled in they will get restless and work on their own goals and objectives within PO. Nothing wrong there and it will happen. Right now NeX is just trying to sort things, getting plans going and see how we can accomodate members while learning the game. We didn't think there would this big an impact yarr but we did put ourselves on the stand and in the picture now.

I would like to say sorry for those who think otherwise but hey, we have to start somewhere with the learning curve and why not do it with the remaining bittervets!

Hotfix attempt will be deployed at 15:00 CEST, the login cap will be in effect until then to keep the server stable.

HP Lovecraft wrote:

One thing I don't particularly like is the 'flocking' of the Eve refugees into one corp - I know there were a lot of ppl in Eve that didn't share my point of view, and I don't necessarily want to be in the same corp as ppl who son't have my outlook.

I wouldn't worry too much about that.
For now, we're enjoying getting all these bits sorted out and learning together. We can freely use Eve terms since everyone knows them, and, from my perspective, getting to know people I never interacted with beyond shooting each other is nice.

I expect NeX will splinter eventually, once people have learned how the game works and know what they want to do here.

Greetings and welcome to all the new players.
The sudden influx of player and the appearance of the mega corporation NEX is an interesting twist to the game.

Server issues.
As much as I need my Perpetuum fix day after day, I can understand the lag and temporary population cap applied recently. Imagine if from one day to the next, your income and work load were doubled. You’d be glad, but you’d need some time to gather yourself to face the challenge.

Trial accounts and new players.
By all means flood in, stay, trial, try, experiment but mostly stay. You didn’t “break” our game, you isolated and pointed out a technical software default in the relay thingy machine.

We at 62nd look forward to interacting with you as well as helping you with your questions in the chat channels and forums. Many of us being former EVE players, we’ll gladly translate the various Perpetuum terms into ones you’re more familiar with.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Don't worry about NEX.  We will eventually be at each others throats soon enough blowing up each others shinies.  smile

Server is down for the hotfix, we'll be back ASAP.

DEV BoyC wrote:

Server is down for the hotfix, we'll be back ASAP.

How the hell did I manage to wake up earlier than usual today, and nearly exactly when the server goes down.  Damnit I hope this works!  Better not ruin my day off, BoyC!

->You just lost The Game<-

Anybody seen my Crossaint????

Not kidding about helpful Devs. I had one message me, and was actually responding to my queries. I was a bit blown away. It took me a few hours of gameplay before I became a monthly subscriber, and I'm glad I've done so.

Get them hamsters rolling gents!

^Ahh Gavin, i still have your "breifcase" ^^