1 (edited by ot0_m0t0 2011-06-25 18:06:54)

Topic: NPC factions, Dmg types, resists and names, chart.

Ok so I see many new players so its time to post this here.

Its a chart of all factions in Perpetuum, colorcoded, each faction is in one coloumn.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x61/ot0_m0t0/NPC.png

Also some graphical AMMO sheet.... i was confused whit ammo->dmg name types so here they are.
Slugs for EM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x61/ … nicija.png
Lasers
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x61/ … laseri.png
Rockets
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x61/ … rakete.png
And Bullets
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x61/ … 0/meci.png

Re: NPC factions, Dmg types, resists and names, chart.

Nice! Thanks for these, they made things a lot clearer.

please ignore the lower part

most of the npc names you see there are not in their propper classification (Armadillo - the name itself already says "tank" not "scout")

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

4 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-06-26 20:15:43)

Mind collecting all that ammo in one picture? Would make it much easier for those who just want to bookmark it.

Edit:

BeanBagKing put it all together in another thread:
http://www.orderofatlas.com/perp/images/damg.png

I'm also adding the ammo data to the FOOM wiki; still waiting to get into the game to verify for small ammo and then add medium ammo... 

Thanks to those that compiled the existing info and made the pretty pictures, though!

Visit the FOOM Wiki!  Submit changes or requests via the suggestion box, or PM me.

Annihilator wrote:

most of the npc names you see there are not in their propper classification (Armadillo - the name itself already says "tank" not "scout")

Is there another place all this is compiled? I could try to put the names in the proper place (on the pieced together one of mine anyway), any other corrections that need to be made?

Also, to make sure I'm understanding it correctly myself...
So for any Nuimqol bot you want to shoot Seismic at it and it will deal Kinetic to you.
Pelistal shoots Seismic and is weak to Thermal
etc?

BeanBagKing wrote:

Is there another place all this is compiled? I could try to put the names in the proper place (on the pieced together one of mine anyway), any other corrections that need to be made?

Seems like a good time to promote the FOOM wiki; feel free to add this (and other) information. smile

http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/home

Alatari wrote:

Seems like a good time to promote the FOOM wiki; feel free to add this (and other) information. smile

http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/home

I looked it up in there, and I think I found a problem. I'll let someone with more knowledge than me correct it, in case there isn't anything wrong.

On this page, second section down "Safety Through Durability" it lists what each NCP likes to shoot, and what they are weak against. The very last seems to be wrong

All Numiqol NPCs <snip> and fear Seismic the most.

Each race seems to be setup to have a different weakness than the others, but Theolodic are listed as having Seismic resist as well. It's also listed on that damage chart, linked earlier, as being something else (Thermal).

Someone mind taking a look at it for me?

BeanBagKing wrote:

Someone mind taking a look at it for me?

Fixed!  Thanks for the catch.

Visit the FOOM Wiki!  Submit changes or requests via the suggestion box, or PM me.

If the chart of damage type is confusing, here's a simplified description:

Nuimqol robot (have best seismic resist and weak thermal resist, shooting with EM slugs - kinetic damage) is best against Pelistal robot (best thermal resist and weak kinetic resist, shooting with missile - seismic damage).

Pelistal robot is best against Thelodica robot (best kinetic resist and weak seismic resist, shooting with laser - thermal damage).

Thelodica robot is best against Nuimqol robot.

In other words:
Nuimqol (blue) can "easy" kill Pelistal, but it is better to run away from Telodica.
Pelistal (green) can "easy" kill Telodica, but is better to run away from Nuimqol.
Telodica (yellow) can "easy" kill Nuimqol, but is better to run away from Pelistal.

Annihilator wrote:

Finally got around to fixing this on my version, it was just that "Tank" and "Scout" had been switched around, swap the headers tongue

I did a little spreadsheet to list the native damage modifier of each ammo type against each robot:

"Tank" means that the target has 1 hardener for its lowest resist fitted (e.g. "cremator" is a blue bot with thermal hardener equipped), Indu bots are fitted with "universal plate"

90% means that only 90% of your possible damage will reach the target. (possible is ammo*damage mod displayed on weapon info)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Any chance you'll release the spreadsheet itself, with the formulas you used to get that? It seems like it may be misleading, let me see if I can explain why with an example.

Take Blue (therm weak) for example, firing bullets, from your chart it looks like the best ammo to use would be Composite Bullets because 71.09% of their damage gets through. However, when you look at the damage types you see that Composite does mostly Kinetic damage, which Blue tanks fairly well (2nd best resist). So it may be better to use Flechette bullets, while not as much damage gets through from them overall, a higher amount of that damage is thermal, so more may be done. Or the TFJ bullet, which damages the second most (67.42%), but does more overall damage (26 points as opposed to 22 with the Composite).

I hope I expressed that right. Basically it looks like your looking at percentages instead of the total damage that gets through. So something with a lower percentage, but higher damage may actually be better.

its calculating each damage type seperately against the targets resists, sums it up, and compares it to the ammo's total damage.

this one can be used to do quick calculations

i will post one that takes input total damage into account, though you wont be able to caclulate your dps... just see whats best big_smile

here you get:
damage rating

note: each weapon type of its own. cross-weapon comparision makes no sense for this.
note2: smite missile is the only winner witout range penalty wink

Thanks

couldn't get info yesterday if npc laser/industrial bots having the resist-bonus and if yes, how high it is. (npcs do not have "extensions" AFAIK)

if they do, i probably have to expand the yellow bot and indu bot column.

Ok guys I like tha fact you find my stuff usefull.
The lower part of the graph is rehashed info I found on the Perpetuum Forums, so I dont really know how accurate it is, at the time it was the only list.
To be honest, the main purpose is so you can see that "Grunt" is Green bot so you know what to shoot at it, not more than that.
In the game, you shoot your racial weapon and compensate with ammo accordingly. Funny stuff is that when I started farmig Mech I found out that they are acctualy plated on they weakest resists!
Also realize that you can only produce 3 tipes of ammo, the "special" ammo is expensive and for PVP usually.

nah, you can produce 4 types, while 1 of it has a 50% range penalty (for the turret weapons)

two special ammo types are always mission-reward ammo, which usually exceed the buildable ones (especially the missiles)

After a little work using the above images, I make this relift
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 … esa01.png/

21 (edited by BugSplat 2011-11-04 12:49:52)

An industrious fellow made a visibly understandable version, it has been linked in the FOOM wiki under Guides.

http://www.mrfisse.com/Perpetuum/ by SteelResolve.

The only thing missing from all of these charts is the industrial types; their rank hierarchy and general resistances, what types of e-war are put out by each tier of industrial NPC, ect.