Topic: Artifact hunting changes 6/17

• Change: Reduced the spawning chance of observer artifacts.

• Change: Level II artifacts will now always contain at least 3 items, and level III artifacts at least 5 items.

Was it too easy to get GO kernels, is that why the nerf?

I like the change with the min items, it was getting frustrating to open up a III and get only med.missles and fragments.

Did the II,III occurances increase to compensate for the GO rate going down?

Re: Artifact hunting changes 6/17

i would search for alexander quotes in your own topic about artifact scanning, that you get the answer about the observer spawns...

at the same time, the random roaming observer spawns on newer alpha islands can be superiour (beta) observer - be prepared wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Oh noez, they were my favourite stashes.

But I guess not everyone could open them and run away like me. This change might be for the best is we get more items in the normals ones.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

Observers before the change were far too easy to power level research trees HOWEVER adding observers to the new alpha island has been done wrong! They're not alpha observers which is yet another mistake in an ever growing list of errors.

There are only one beta observers on each new alpha, the rest is alpha observer, and that is intended.

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors