Topic: Considering trying again

Hey everyone, I played the game briefly earlier this year but gave it up after a while. I guess I made the mistake of trying to play the game as a solo industrialist but didn't have the patience to build it up. However, I'm getting some upgrades to my computer and want to try the game again - this time focusing on combat with PvP as a main goal. And not so much solo, but in a group.

I'm wondering, how quick can I take part in PvP if I start fresh? Is there some builds that are viable quicker? Thinking of group PvP. Also, are there many active PvP groups? So that there is combat to take part in?

Re: Considering trying again

In CIR we have 13 available spots for new agents. We will help you out with extensions, getting started, and get you on the road to mastering the game - and playing the style you enjoy playing. For us there is no PVP except group-PVP, a multiplayer game should be played with people.

Can read more about us here:
http://www.crimson-imperium.net
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … t-justice/

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

edit: Offensive. - DEV Zoom

OT:  you can be effective immediately.  I'd recommend steering clear of anything blob related as it isn't really pvp.  Check out tue recruitment thread as there are several small pvp focused corps

Removed some posts, please keep corporation drama where it belongs.

5 (edited by Saha 2011-06-17 14:54:48)

Well, since this is not recruitment forum, spamming threads with recruitment posts doesn't look appropriate either. In game GMs completely ignore General and Help chats spam with recruitment messages as well. Some order please?

Is not like help channel and general is that busy anyways. Few new players join the recruitment channel.

Syndic was just giving his own recommendation, obviously he will think his corp will be best for a new player. I dont see anything wrong here. People have the final word on which corp they will like to join anyways. There are many pvp corps around so make your choice, honestly you cant really go wrong with the most established ones.

RIP PERPETUUM

Okay... while I agree with the above, I'll get back on topic, playing MMO's solo works in some games but is generally a bad idea in any kind of sandbox.  There are many well established corps that will take on new players from day one so I don't think you'll have any trouble there.  Most established corps (62nd, RG, M2S, CIR, etc) still recruit and train new members (the game is still young in many respects), or you might look at some of the younger corps that will have more people closer to your own level of progression, like FOOM and ATG.

I'm wondering, how quick can I take part in PvP if I start fresh? Is there some builds that are viable quicker? Thinking of group PvP. Also, are there many active PvP groups? So that there is combat to take part in?

Short answers: very quickly, yes and yes.

I might wait until the end of the first week to jump into PvP, though you could probably jump in sooner... While some people might min/max into mechs (probably under a month of EP).  The quickest way to get into PvP is to go small and fast, hunt in groups and use detectors this way you control the terms of engagement.  As part of a collective hunting group the only skill you will NEED is NAV 10.  After that decisions can get more complex and will be role dependent, talk to whatever corp you have decided to join.

"You're living in a parallel universe." ~Syndic

Thanks for all the input, I think it'll be interesting to try the game again. Seeing that there are several PvP corps that are active is a good sign for the game. Not sure when I'll be re-subbing, but I sure will give it another shot. Got a few other things to finish up (RL) first.

In CIR, we can get a new account with the basic 20k EP ready for PVP on Day 1.

Reason why I posted is because you won't stick around the game if you join a corp that gives you a light bot and tells you to roam PVP solo, or go farm XZY for 12 hours a day, or one thats still figuring out what lightweight frames do and why they're better then plates.

We will get you playing with people from the moment you log on, get you working with a GOAL of what we're trying to achieve in-game, and best of all and get you equipped properly for the job that needs doing.

CIR Complaint Form

"I'm wondering, how quick can I take part in PvP if I start fresh?"
Morte (Immortal Legacy) often has less than 7 day old characters in quick speed patrol groups. Some members join patrols in under 3 days of gameplay. It is possible with the right extensions to pvp in a group on day one.

"Is there some builds that are viable quicker?"
High navigation is always a good thing in pvp. But in reality, all you NEED to have is a light bot with some weapons, a cheap t3 light weight frame, min speed of roughly 70 to keep up with most patrol and high speed mech groups. Doing DPS always makes you viable; adding a demobilizer to your light bot makes you scary to any enemy when you are in a group PvP setting.

There are also many other ways a new player can be very viable as support in a battlegroup even as early as your first day. The key is finding a PvP corp willing to sit and spend time with you in voice chat to get you set up and viable quickly.

Happy Hunting

"There must be War . . . "

Alright, got my account up and running again. I've reset my account and started fresh. I've forgotten almost everything, so I'm re-learning the basics again. Turns out that I have about 70k EP after training Navigation to 10.

I'll be looking into the corps that has already posted in this thread, but I can add some info about myself here and if it might look like I can be a match to your corp please leave a reply with information about how I can apply (or link to your recruiting thread). Thanks yarr

Timezone: Norway, Europe (CEST - Central European Summer Time)
Previous MMO experience: MMOs back to Ultima Online, mostly PvE experience.
PO goals: Learning the game, learning PvP, and continue with PvP.
Playstyle: Casual and relaxed, RL takes priority. Not very chatty most of the time. Enjoy playing in well organized teams/groups. Unable to trash-talk, I leave that to the professionals big_smile

12 (edited by Saramara 2011-06-19 02:15:11)

Dont forget to check out At The Gates, a recently started corp for all kinds of players, but especially pvp'ers. I'd say you would fit in nicely.
Read more about us here:
Recruitment thread
Website

Because the voices told me to do it.

Makazi wrote:

Alright, got my account up and running again. I've reset my account and started fresh. I've forgotten almost everything, so I'm re-learning the basics again. Turns out that I have about 70k EP after training Navigation to 10.

I'll be looking into the corps that has already posted in this thread, but I can add some info about myself here and if it might look like I can be a match to your corp please leave a reply with information about how I can apply (or link to your recruiting thread). Thanks yarr

Timezone: Norway, Europe (CEST - Central European Summer Time)
Previous MMO experience: MMOs back to Ultima Online, mostly PvE experience.
PO goals: Learning the game, learning PvP, and continue with PvP.
Playstyle: Casual and relaxed, RL takes priority. Not very chatty most of the time. Enjoy playing in well organized teams/groups. Unable to trash-talk, I leave that to the professionals big_smile

CIR has a bulk of EU pilots, our usual numbers go between 30-40 online during EU prime-time.

Playing as a group and developing teamplay is the staple of our ideals, you can read a bit more about our setup and mindset if you Search for CIR in-game; or refer to the following recruitment topic:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … t-justice/

CIR Complaint Form

I've found a corporation now, thanks all for replies and information.