Topic: Rollback (N-A)

While i don't complain about changes and fixes this is a big deal. We are lossing minerals for 7 mechs including the time that they could be cooking. Many people who went out of there way to mine to get that and i am only voicing corp complaints. So keep in mind Devs/GMs 2 days is not a reasonable trade for a 5-6 hour rollback. We spent a lot of are free time on a holiday accomplishing a goal for nothing.

GotEvil

Re: Rollback (N-A)

Can i add, for most people the free day you give = 25-26 december ans this day not a lot of people gonna play

Ya but even if you don't play you collect that wonderful EP smile

Ep isnt going to make up for the time spent doing something. 6 hours is a lot of mining.

5 (edited by Murp 2010-11-26 01:59:37)

I'm not a DEV, so I don't know, I'm not trying to start an argument, mind they are giving us two days free... but, if you think about it, the average player plays maybe 8 hours a day... and which means the average player already missed out on 8 hour session today... so in theory.. I'm not sure if the two day EP is worth it.  If I had lost a lot of NIC and bots, I'd rather them back then the EP, but luckly I didn't loose much.

Quit whining and get over it, *** happens. At least the devs not only gave something to compensate, but also didn't touch a hair on the head of your boot.ini

I don't think they said anything about giving us 2 days of EP.  I think they are extending our subscriptions by 2 days (so kind of like giving up 2 days of EP but at the end).

not official policy, its not my call

but allow me to play devils advocate here

what happens to the people who lost things too, should we remove everything they lost?
how do we balance that?
how can we be fair?

6 hours of mining is a lot.

If it is in fact two extra days I agree with Kanio.

Someone agree whit me ^^

<shrug>
First, it is a game, get over it.
Second, it was launch day, launch day is notorious as being a bad time to do anything important.
Third, they are working on it, are giving back more time than was lost, get over it.
Fourth, get over it.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Are we collecting EP during this down time?

yes, and production and all such things are passing normaly with time

EP collection is unaffected by the downtime.

yes

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

If you had mined your butt off to produce 7 mechs you wouldn't be very happy either.  Nevermind you loose the CT.  It represents everything I had worked so hard for since the game started.  I can take the loss of a bot due to lag/cpu spike whatever.  But to loose 7 mechs because someone is too lazy to fix it properly isn't going to cut it with me.  If you have EP issues, fine reset the EP back to day one for everyone.  Even if you have to do it by hand...

But to loose all the effort I put into this up until this point is unacceptable.  I'm probably in the top 10 people that are most active in this game (nevermind I don't post in forums or general chat).  I'm afraid I'm going to have to reconsider playing this gave if that's the type of thing that happens even occasionaly.  As I said, I don't mind loosing a bot on occasion due to whatever issue but to loose 7 mechs is another.

I appreciate the active dev's and gm's in this game and that isn't often seen but I'm afarid you may have lost my $70/mt. 

--Lug

GM Kokeshi wrote:

yes, and production and all such things are passing normaly with time

This seems odd to me.  EP I can understand still accumulating (or being calculated on current time as its how that is done) but the production shouldnt be still going IMO.  That is connected to the game like items are, so if you rollback the game state, it should also rollback production time.

What if someone put something in the proto cooker after the rollback?  Would the item remain there and continue running and the rollback would replace all the materials used in that process?

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

19 (edited by Neoxx 2010-11-26 03:18:40)

LugNut wrote:

If you had mined your butt off to produce 7 mechs you wouldn't be very happy either.  Nevermind you loose the CT.  It represents everything I had worked so hard for since the game started.  I can take the loss of a bot due to lag/cpu spike whatever.  But to loose 7 mechs because someone is too lazy to fix it properly isn't going to cut it with me.  If you have EP issues, fine reset the EP back to day one for everyone.  Even if you have to do it by hand...

But to loose all the effort I put into this up until this point is unacceptable.  I'm probably in the top 10 people that are most active in this game (nevermind I don't post in forums or general chat).  I'm afraid I'm going to have to reconsider playing this gave if that's the type of thing that happens even occasionaly.  As I said, I don't mind loosing a bot on occasion due to whatever issue but to loose 7 mechs is another.

I appreciate the active dev's and gm's in this game and that isn't often seen but I'm afarid you may have lost my $70/mt. 

--Lug

*lose

Its 6 *** hours, dude.  You make it sound like you're starting from square 1 or something.  YOu'll still have everything you did before the launch time, which is probably not much less that you had when the servers went down last.

If you decide to cancel your sub (or all 7 of them as it seems ROFL) because of this you probably wouldnt have lasted long in this game anyway.  Have fun looking for another game.

From as much time as I've played in beta, many months, I have never seen anything like this.  The server hardly even crashed or had downtimes past patches.  This didnt even have anything to do with population, so saying the increase in players isnt an excuse.  This is also a bug that will never have a chance of happening again, because it was related to players starting when applied their codes before launch.  Its a 1 time case with this thing, and once sorted wont ever be a problem again.  Not saying there will never be bugs again, but this isnt something that will rear its head again down the road, and is something the devs have never dealt with before.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

LugNut wrote:

Wah wah wah

You seem to think you were the only one effected by this, well I've got news for you. You're aren't. Get over yourself and get back to playing the game, or rather don't. I won't miss the whining.

any processes that wern't start, remain unstarted.

think of the rollback like this, the server gets set back befor any issues, or player related activity forced any issues, or intentional/accidental abuses took place.

now we fix the issue there, so we turn the clock fwd to the time it should be (over a few mins)

the server clock and everything is as it should be, but the inbetween time had no player interaction with the server, so everything went on like it should

These tears, they taste amazing. I would hope that the rollback didn't affect your ability to scan and mine for QQ, because you're displaying an incredible amount of QQ in this thread alone.

One could almost surmise that there is enough QQ in this thread for 7 mechs.

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

GM Kokeshi wrote:

any processes that wern't start, remain unstarted.

think of the rollback like this, the server gets set back befor any issues, or player related activity forced any issues, or intentional/accidental abuses took place.

now we fix the issue there, so we turn the clock fwd to the time it should be (over a few mins)

the server clock and everything is as it should be, but the inbetween time had no player interaction with the server, so everything went on like it should

Thanks for the explanation.  Makes sense.

Xanston wrote:

6 hours of mining is a lot.

6 hours of mining is roughly 15 minutes of actual effort.

You sat in front of your computer for 6 hours watching lasers. You already lost.