1 (edited by Neoxx 2010-11-25 19:59:37)

Topic: Server population over 500 GOGOGO

Can we actually break the Early Access record of 587?  I'd be surprised.  To my knowledge (asking a dev in general chat) there hasnt been that many new accounts created.  Maybe people are just logging back in to help out the noobs?

Either way, its nice seeing this many people on again.  I was getting a little worried in the past couple days when it dipped below 200 easily at low times.

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … ph_600.png

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

2 (edited by LargeTrout 2010-12-08 16:59:09)

Re: Server population over 500 GOGOGO

I remember EVE when server population was about 3000.  It was nice; tonnes of good belts to mine and space felt, well, bigger.  Now it's crowded.  I kinda like Perp being quiet, although that's probably not good for the Dev's bank balances.

you really think that th3 500 accounts logged in represents 500 ppl? You're pretty naive then cos very many ppl are multiboxing

Moran wrote:

you really think that th3 500 accounts logged in represents 500 ppl? You're pretty naive then cos very many ppl are multiboxing

Of course it is.  "This many people" is not referring to the actual number, but the general number of people.  Any higher peak is obviously more people than what we had before, regardless how many are multi boxing.  The proportion of those people likely stays relatively the same no matter how many accounts are online.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

or people realised that they need more accounts to be competitive and are using them

I've only ever been able to use 2 clients at a time.  I have 3 accounts but that doesnt mean I can suddenly run 3 clients at the same time...

More accounts per player != more online accounts at a time.

i have seen ppl use 4 sequers lined up with 3 following the first for greater lulz

Moran wrote:

i have seen ppl use 4 sequers lined up with 3 following the first for greater lulz

yes I've seen those too.  I think those people would still be there even with a smaller crowd though.  The server population didnt all of a sudden give that guy the ability to run 4 clients, nor did he likely decide to buy more based solely on the recent increase in population.

I'd love to see that train roll through beta someday yarr

Moran wrote:

yep
Neoxx is the only player on M2S the rest are just alts

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

Outlaw wrote:
Moran wrote:

yep
Neoxx is the only player on M2S the rest are just alts

But Neoxx is an alt of Siddy...