Topic: join ppl to recruitment channel by default

by doing this there will be less incentives for ppl to spam their corp in help and general channel

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

Re: join ppl to recruitment channel by default

most people will still probably leave that channel anyway.  just more strict rules about posting corp recruitment messages would help.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

wanna bet how many ppl dont get a clue how to join a chat channel:D  and how many of them know about the recruitment channel even the ppl who spam dont know about that .....

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

sure whatever.  now with the new EP penalty on deleting characters, I wont be making new characters much and wont have to constantly leave all the default channels that will build up tongue

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

5 (edited by Zorac 2010-11-25 23:16:04)

I had set up a Recruitment channel for everyone to join. In the last 2-3 days there have been around 10 people in that i have seen. That is not at the same time but a total number of players. So people don't seem to be using it. It need to get big or we need a official one or something.

Former CEO of X-23

1 msg every 10-15minutes is enough imo. its the people that spam every 5minutes that really p me off. otherwise i have no issue with advertising a orp, or a corp advertising its public channel for people to join to get more info/interact with a corp

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

This is an issue i've been struggling with for a bit now. (As i'm sure you all know, as I've seen several of you in the general chat angry with me smile ). There really does need to be a better option. I can't stand posting in that channel, as it's not very effective, and frankly, it just pisses people off more than anything. I too created a dedicated channel for it, and no one joined, though you may be right in that no one knows how. That being said, what about something like corp ads, within the stations or something? Or at least some way to advertise without spamming like a nutsac?

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

I vote on a official channel, you can tell the difference between player made and official. Those that do see the chat channel button may not willing join a player made channel for recruiting... i wouldn't, my first assumption would be it's a just a dupe to get new people in your own personal corp. May not be the case but ya never know...

An official recruitment channel has been created.