1 (edited by Zehtuka 2010-11-25 19:20:56)

Topic: All Roads lead to Wessex

The Duchy of Wessex

Active Members: 40+
Forums: http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum

Region: EU/NA
Roleplay: Practical Roleplay, Anything else is totally optional.
VOIP: A working headset is required.

Our organization still lives by the same rules and principles of our ancesters who lived
during the rise and fall of the First Kingdom several hundred years ago.

We provide our members with a completely immersive and wholly unique gaming experience that sets us apart from the high fantasy and low quality guilds that swarm games such as Perpetuum. The Duchy of Wessex is based on a working feudal corporation that is grounded in realism and based on historical facts. We've done this not only to impart a technical organization and efficiency that will give us an advantage in the world of Nia, but also to provide our members with the opportunity to be part of something greater.

With the fully developed institutions of the ducal government in place, our members are able to explore and pursue careers in various avenues of our corporation; we hope that being a part of the Duchy of Wessex is like stepping into your favourite film, novel or game. When war happens, it will feel like a war between societies, not just a really intense rugby match.

One special focus of this guild is on accurate and detailed administration, so we would really like to appeal to and attract members who are capable of filling out some of these roles. That means we are looking for the absolute best diplomats, heralds, ministers, information brokers, traders, and soldiers.

The Duchy's structure consists of the duke and his council and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement within our corporate structure. Rather than using a typical and arbitrary hierarchy, where you advance from the lowest to highest rank based on time in or popularity, and the ranking only designated your "precedence" in the clan, we use a social system that identifies your role within the Duchy. For instance, if you enjoy designing forum signatures, taking part in diplomacy or performing ceremonies then you may pursue the art of the herald. If you display valour and resourcefulness on the field of battle it's possible that you may be granted arms and a knighthood.

You can apply for membership here.

For any questions please join our chat channel ingame (Duchy of Wessex)

Re: All Roads lead to Wessex

The Duchy of Wessex is an experienced multi-game guild I've know from other games, and they are a good and organized group of people!

Lo there do I see my father.  Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers.  Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.  Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever.

All these new threads to post in, goddamit.

I approve of roleplayers, so good luck.  However i couldnt leave without a small troll wink

Duchy of Wessex.... so why the hell have you spelt organisation the american english way, have some pride goddamn you!

My favourite RP guild ever! Nice to see you in perpetuum big_smile

Mahtisoturit CEO

Thanks for the nice words, I'll be looking forward to meet you all in game.

Glad to see ya'll made the trip over.  Had some good times w/ WSX in MO.

7 (edited by Wulvgar 2010-11-29 20:17:15)

Amazing corp !! very organized, I'm shocked how large their Industry is and number bots are rolling off the assemble lines

Plenty of options : pve, pvp, mission running, even mining and prospecting expeditions in pvp areas . Also a great fit for casual players both in USA and overseas

Just jump in grab a spare mech insured by the corp and your off and running.

The more you give the more you receive.

Thanks for having me

Wessex is still looking for recruits.

9 (edited by Seridur 2010-12-10 11:56:19)

Good to see Wessex is here, I was in the Guild while preparing and waiting for Darkfall to launch. Unfortunately  when it happened i could not join the game, and later I have lost m interest in it..
A free up from me

Fair play to leaving no hope, but still edit that damn first post to fix 'organization' lol

11 (edited by Dragonloff 2010-12-16 22:42:47)

The Duchy of Wessex is an industrial corporation. One special focus is
on accurate and detailed administration. With fully developed institutions
of our corporate management in place, our members are able to explore and
pursue careers in various avenues of our corporation.

For any questions please join our chat channel ingame (Duchy of Wessex)

Thanks for having me, great corp amazing how well things run

This Corp is great. The orders are clean in battle and leaders are charismatics!

And you know, the Z is in this Corporation

Great pvp today we rolled the enemy with the alliance

Love the new Mech's, thank you to the corp for such hard work getting us the best equipment for battles

Looking for mature and well organized pvp players to help defend our Alliance Island

We also willing train new players wishing to learn PVP

Big o7 to a solid corp of good people, and great idea on the 'practical roleplay'. Not much for more then really intense rugby matches myself, but I have a new found respect for RPers after meeting the Wessex folks.

Fantastic Corporation, very active members and great Leadership!

Wessex are still looking for good new members, both fighters for our pvp squads and industrials to support the corp.