1 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-29 21:37:34)

Topic: ROBODEATHDROME TOURNAMENT 5/29/2011

This sunday again at 20:00, will be the next months of may tournament installation!

Again this is for low ep skilled to high ep skilled individuals to fight off and kill each other

######################################################
Tournament Day: 5/29/11 (sunday)
Time: 20:00 server time
Teams: 2 people per team with different robot colors.
Bonus: Each team will have an argano if possible that serves as a remote rep for the team. The 62nd will have remote reps to assist if people can't bring them.
Rules: Stay inside the arena, and on a timer flag up and kill the opposing team.
Where: Outside shinjalar post near the arena, it's just outside the post and has been created by the devs for us to use!!
Brackets = New player brackets and older player brackets are done.
#####################################################

This week I am adding random acts of violence to the tournament. I am viewing this as an announcer adding in a death twist much like in total recall, or other sci-fi tournaments you've seen.

**RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE**
During an "experienced" players match I will randomly have a wasp let loose a fury of missiles, or a baphomet zap one of the tournament players, or if lucky an argano will help heal one of the opponents. Of course who gets shot is randomly choosen, so it's up to the draw of the number. Who cares!? Bots will explode in one way or another.

*changed this to argano rep bots to help teams.

It is also optional for "newer" player teams, and they may decline this lovely addition. Note I'm just doing it this week for fun

Winners/summary results Reserved. WINNER WAS HIYATE NWAR

Re: ROBODEATHDROME TOURNAMENT 5/29/2011

**RANDOM ACTS OF VIOLENCE**

Sounds stupid. Chance mechanics may be fun for spectators but not participants in a competitive setting.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Could also lead to calls of bias if one of these 'random acts of violence' tips a match one way or the other.

4 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-27 15:56:10)

if it's not liked, i'll can it. no problems. Battles are dynamic though and often you have to react to changing situations quickly.

I would like to have arganos though helping out the 2v2s, ie an argano that works with each team seperately.

IMO instead of randomly picking a combatant, you should have ALL of the combatants randomly get fired upon by a missile barrage, or w/e.

Instead of adding random damage, have x containers with a 'token item' around the arena. Each match you give out a 'code' but don't tell them which container it is for. Players can either try to find and grab it during combat, and possibly have it destroyed, or just wait til its over. The token is then exchanged for a small bonus prize!

Mara Kaid wrote:

Battles are dynamic though and often you have to react to changing situations quickly.

Yes battles are dynamic, so why do you need to add in a chance mechanic?

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

I'll just have some arganos ready for tommorrow should be fun!!

I'll involve them as teammates to work with the players for remote reps. Thus teams will be 3v3 essentially.

People can bring their own/or our own remote reppers will help during the fight ( ie you'll have a remote rep helping ). The remote rep arganos can be blown up.