Topic: Trail account NIC sending

I understand why trail accounts can't send money towards a person, but shouldn't you be able to send NIC towards trail accounts from normal accounts.
I don't see anything this would break, and it would be really nice to be able to do.

Re: Trail account NIC sending

Simple:

Goldfarmer -> NIC -> Trial
Goldfarmer <- Real money <- Trial

big_smile big_smile big_smile

Why would a trail account spend real money to get NIC but not to subscribe his account?

For "fast start" for example.

TRANTOR wrote:

For "fast start" for example.

You can do this now with Non-Trial accounts.
I see no reason why trials should be blocked from receiving NIC.

I think that trials more want "fast start". IMHO.

Also non-trials more lost than trials if they banned.

they have all the trials gimped to prevent cheating all tho dont think the dev even know the extent of it

example dev tried to have private convo with me and learned that even a developer cant talk to a trial account unless your in a squad with them.

they are work arounds tho that i found if you want to put nic on a trail account its not hard there is a way  me posting it will prob get it blocked as well.

this has worked for me not saying it works all the time.

log onto your main account buy a field container deploy out of station i didt move at this point but dont think moveing matters as long as your with in range of the term and can enter it. log on trial account and you should be able to access the container with a trial.

now i did testing and out in the field trials cant access a field container but if you are right at the term as in you can click the button to enter then a trial can acces the container.

once you have the container up and your trial can open it simple drop in few thousand reactor plasma grab it with your trial char enter station and sell it.

and you now have money to buy ammo on trial etc not that its good for much else as only npc orders are avaliable but its good way to get started with ammo if want to buy mods i would sugest just buying them on your main account then putting them in the container and tradeing them over. before ya drop the money better make sure it still works been about week since i did it last.

also dont put your trial char in a squad while doing this as it sometimes blocks them from accessing the field container something about when in squad you dont need to enter the password.

its a feature, trials can take stuff from container, but not put stuff INTO it. or else they wouldnt be able to loot regular container.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

TRANTOR wrote:

I think that trials more want "fast start". IMHO.

Also non-trials more lost than trials if they banned.

That's still not really a reason to stop them from receiving NIC.
Buying NIC will get you banned, and if they do they can't abuse it.

About the only downside to being able to send NIC to a trial account, are the "Inevitable" slew of PM's and posts to the devs;

"I just sent XXX NIC to my friend/alt on a trial account, and he's decided not to play, now I can't get my NIC back!"

See what I did there with 'my'.

Trial accounts are most effective for new players coming in to check out the game, a different 'Recruit-a-friend" account is what your talking about to get friends and guild mates to join, which can be unlimited access but limited to 1 or 2 account codes per player; and then the 30 day bouns time can be added to that player if they join.

So, we used to have that RAF and they dropped if for infinte trial accounts. I think bringing back RAF with Trials are the way to handle 99% of the "Why can't Trial accounts do XXX" issues.