1 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-17 21:27:46)

Topic: Take Pirates Treasure on 5/17/11 22:00 15-20 mil+ in prizes!

Pirate's Treasure.
    Based on a recent raiding expedition from a beta island we've decided to give back some of our plunder! Buried out on a certian beta island to be announced will be some pirate's treasure. In other words, during server time 20:00, I(my alt) will be logged in on a sequer next to a container. Inside the container will be roughly 15-20 mil of loot(+ more trust me I'm hiding more treasure) in modules. Miners may want to team up with someone as I'm sure I'll put in some good stuff!

In addition there is other treasure for interested corps. I will not disclose this.

This is on beta, so you will expect pvp. People will indeed come to kill you, and if people find my spot, it's likely they'll be camping you perhaps. You'll have to use wits, speed, time some kind of wisdom to get by and get that loot.

IMHO, take a light bot or two and grab the fun inside, it will be well worth it.

Who: 62nd is running an idea similar to a control point. take/capture/defend.
When: Tuesday May 2011 5/17/11 22:00 server time.
Where: When I log in the location will be announced. I will be there for precisely one hour, at which point I'll log off if not found.
What do I bring: Take some light bots with some friends, and take the treasure inside the container. I will give out the
code globaly. You may need to make more then one run. In fact you may need several.
Why: Some of us in the game want to see something similar to darkfall's "control points", which would encourage corps/people to come raid
from alpha, or get fights in beta. We realize there is discussion for this, but there's a thread I've made for that. I am player
improvising such an idea.

The 62nd WILL NOT be ganking people coming for the treasure. We want to have people enjoy the pvp/loot. This is BETA you can get attacked by other parties.

*****FAQ ( Reserved for additional information )******:

Do I need a sequer: The loot will be in modules, so yes you could take one, however you've got to watch out others will be comming.

Can I get good loot with just a fast small bot: Sure as heck can! Just likely not all smile, multiple trips perhaps.

You're just setting us up for newbie ganks...: No, i'm setting up an event to encourage people to move about beta. We've run  several tournaments where new people haven't been ganked, so trust us. Again though you are at threat from other parties.

CAN CODE 7777

TWIST: I planted noralgis at my location..  86,106,33,39100,11 yellow units in noralgis, pretty good.

Re: Take Pirates Treasure on 5/17/11 22:00 15-20 mil+ in prizes!

goodluck with event. This should be more than intersesting. Perhaps you could also setup a time during US timezones as well. Maybe do it two times, once euro and once US.

hey TBA, 22:00 server is 4pm EST... so it's good for US players that aren't stuck at work/school/etc

"You're living in a parallel universe." ~Syndic

Yeah I made this one more friendly for EU at first.

I think I will come in an Ark to live Stream the event. Please don't shoot me.

Ember wrote:

hey TBA, 22:00 server is 4pm EST... so it's good for US players that aren't stuck at work/school/etc

eastern time though, for those west however yeah. Just FYI, mara knows the majority if us players and when they play and 22:00 is not it, just poiting that out. But hope event goes well, its good 62nd brings the fun *** to the game, its good karma.

I'll do a USA one, honestly I'm just showing the devs how control points would work in game for people to "raid" betas.

IE you'd catch some guys when you solo tba

Mara Kaid wrote:

I'll do a USA one, honestly I'm just showing the devs how control points would work in game for people to "raid" betas.

IE you'd catch some guys when you solo tba

??you confuse me lol. You mean id catch guys solo for this event, then yeah Im sure I would lol. Hard to find anyone that wants to kill me alone with brining the entire network to chase me out from wherever lol. Hence the saying goes, if Im solo, dont roam alone lol.

+1

sounds like a cool idea .. you said 62nd won't be coming so I assume that means RG in mechs smile  as for the beta island .. i'm going to guess Dom since it's pretty much completely abandoned at the moment.

i hope some FOOM guys show up tongue

CrepitusGoldenGoose wrote:

+1

sounds like a cool idea .. you said 62nd won't be coming so I assume that means RG in mechs smile  as for the beta island .. i'm going to guess Dom since it's pretty much completely abandoned at the moment.

i hope some FOOM guys show up tongue

Hi crep,
  No, there's no prearrangement with any groups on our end. no ganks either. I'm simply simulating the concept of a control point and seeing how it works.

15 minutes, 10 minutes...

12 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-17 21:32:54)

Results:

People did ask me for advantage at start but I didn't give it, and simply told them to be at teleporter to each alpha island for ease of movement. Use lightweight frame as well.

Hun has tried to find the spot so far, but they didn't get on the two bots from FOOM.

The two foom bots won the event and grabbed up the t4 loot.

Left was noralgis plants that will be told is at my location till 4 pm cst.

Thank you all.

I'm at work :6

save me some goodies smile

Mara Kaid wrote:

Results:

People did ask me for advantage at start but I didn't give it, and simply told them to be at teleporter to each alpha island for ease of movement. Use lightweight frame as well.

Hun has tried to find the spot so far, but they didn't get on the two bots from FOOM.

The two foom bots won the event and grabbed up the t4 loot.

Left was noralgis plants that will be told is at my location till 4 pm cst.

Thank you all.

Confirming I took all the fat loots.

15 (edited by Inda 2011-05-19 01:00:41)

I took all of noralgis thx wink Sorry US gamers...  was 50 000 there

Thank you Mara so much !!!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD