1 (edited by Neoxx 2010-11-25 17:38:18)

Topic: Character Deletion EP Cost (updated)

New: Deleting a character will now cost 2880 EP (2 days worth of EP).

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2010-11-25

UPDATE:

Dev Zoom wrote:

Alright we'll delay it a bit, you will have approximately 3 days to delete your unneeded characters for free (up until the next patch).

Make sure you farm as many of the tutorial missions you possibly can in the next 3 days so you'll never run out of light bots!  This is our last chance.  Don't waste this opportunity!

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Re: Character Deletion EP Cost (updated)

This is a good idea but all excising characters should be able to be deleted for free.

+0.5 (Not 1, good idea only half implemented)

The Game

Alexander wrote:

This is a good idea but all excising characters should be able to be deleted for free.

+0.5 (Not 1, good idea only half implemented)

^^ this ^^

Devs, read this and and patch-the-patch.

Yes.  They need to give us a chance to delete all the fluff characters many people have.  I know if given the option I would just delete 3/4 characters until I know what I would have a legitimate use for them other than tutorial running.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

You shouldn't have created fluff chars tbfh

I'm quite looking forward to your JOKE spy, M2S spy etc alts costing you ep to delete. Serves you right lol.

Jita wrote:

You shouldn't have created fluff chars tbfh

I'm quite looking forward to your JOKE spy, M2S spy etc alts costing you ep to delete. Serves you right lol.

When they are found out we will simply make them join M2S to boost our numbers artificially.

Spies are not fluff.  You have much to learn.

P.S.  Oh, you mean the "JOKE Agent" "GG Agent" "AXE Agent" characters?   lol.

They're called Extension Points not 'a figure increasing at a linear rate of 1 a minute used to perform multiple activities in the game'. This just sets a dangerous precedent of using EP to perform other non extension related activities. This is bad for the game and its future.

Trying to fix broken mechanics (such as farming light bots on new characters) by going against the principles of gaining extension points (the most integral part of the game) and what they should be used on is just a sign of bad developer foresight and the inability to come up with better and more appropriate changes to combat such exploits.

Alright we'll delay it a bit, you will have approximately 3 days to delete your unneeded characters for free (up until the next patch).

9 (edited by Neoxx 2010-11-25 16:58:34)

DEV Zoom wrote:

It only took 5 people to change this?

F*ckin pushover.

Neoxx wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

F*ckin pushover.

/signed

Kind of surprised and impressed, that it was changed that fast.

Surprised because it only took a handful of people to get it changed.

Impressed at the fact a DEV responded to it that quickly.

Neoxx wrote:

I imagine it would have been much more given some time.
Ungrateful bastards smile

A much needed change if you ask me.
I don't have any problem at all then it will cost EP to deleted characters.

Awesome with the quick change to giving us all 3 days to delete all our fluff characters.

Former CEO of X-23

14 (edited by Nigel 2010-11-25 17:20:38)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I approve of this message.

Anybody else notice that this topic is l33t

DEV Zoom wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

I imagine it would have been much more given some time.
Ungrateful bastards smile

lol That made me laugh. I think you guys realised it was on the unreasonable side when you did it, hence why it took only a few to confirm it and make you change.

I am however, surprised you have chosen to make it cost EP rather than Nic. Care to share the logic on that?

I am however, happy (and grateful) you decided to give us a chance to delete useless alts, as I made 1 purely to test out something on the base extensions and another to redo the tutorial to get another Yagel to replace the one that I lost due to a game crash hmm

if the idea was to limit character cycling, EP forces you to wait.  Nic can be grinded.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

Cid Jorgumeri wrote:

if the idea was to limit character cycling, EP forces you to wait.  Nic can be grinded.

I think the main purpose was to halt people from grinding the tutorial missions, which was very easy money/items for the amount of time it took to do them.

I dont mind that they're doing it this way, but I'd rather them just balance the missions more.  As it stands, you get this huge boost to start, getting tons of ammo, all the modules you need, 150k NIC, and a 400k NIC bot to boot in all of an hour or so.  After that you're stuck with farming spawns for kernals and drops and doing assignments for very poor amounts of NIC.  If I wasnt a veteran and played in beta, I might get discouraged at this point and not play too much because of the sudden curve that is put on you.

At least before you had to work for everything you got, and were not just thrown into better stuff for doing some simple missions.

Cid Jorgumeri wrote:

Correct, EP is worth much more than NIC, this will make you think twice before you decide to delete one. Also it's more convenient since it's account based.

19 (edited by Neoxx 2010-11-25 17:38:35)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Correct, EP is worth much more than NIC, this will make you think twice before you decide to delete one. Also it's more convenient since it's account based.

I'd rather you guys just limited it to 1 (or 2, just a max) tutorial mission per account.  Not sure how easy that would be for you to do, tracking missions across multiple characters on an account, but it would prevent the tutorial spam which I'm assuming this is supposed to fix.

EDIT: OP updated.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Cid Jorgumeri wrote:

It's also not its intended purpose at all and sets a dangerous precedent for the future but I guess that majority of people seem to think that's ok. I however don't.

It's not like "Tutorial spamming" was the fastest way to make money.  There are faster ways to make NIC on a 0-day character.

Nigel wrote:

It's not like "Tutorial spamming" was the fastest way to make money.  There are faster ways to make NIC on a 0-day character.

It was the easiest way to replace a bot.  The cost of producing light bots is way more than grinding the missions, and everyone could get their own light bots instead of 1 person producing them for the corp.

This mitigated a lot of production for people since they could skip making light bots.

I think this was the right move.

I would personally have two free deletions with a warning after the second that all subsequent deletions will cost 2000 EP or whatever.

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

Neoxx wrote:

I'd rather you guys just limited it to 1 (or 2, just a max) tutorial mission per account.  Not sure how easy that would be for you to do, tracking missions across multiple characters on an account, but it would prevent the tutorial spam which I'm assuming this is supposed to fix.

EDIT: OP updated.

That idea came up, but it's difficult to implement and is also penalizing honest players who just want a nice start for their 3 characters.

Also your OP update is a bit misleading, since the 24-hour character deletion timer is still in place. So if you create a character within 24 hours of the next patch, you will only be able to delete that when the EP cost is already in place.

Neoxx wrote:
Nigel wrote:

It was the easiest way to replace a bot.  The cost of producing light bots is way more than grinding the missions, and everyone could get their own light bots instead of 1 person producing them for the corp.

This mitigated a lot of production for people since they could skip making light bots.

Those bots are NPC seeded on the market already.  Production is moot at this point.   There are still faster ways to make NIC in an Arkhe.