Topic: Semi-Combat logistical Robots?

( Just a thought I had while repping up during a nasty assignment  )

Upon creation you get some Combat/logistical, Combat/Industrial Software packages, But no real hybrid Robots? Sofar I’ve mostly met highly focused EP players in one area of play?

- Quicker & More combat worthy than normal industrial robots, but less effective.
- Larger cargo bays than combat robots
- Bonuses to deployable equipment
- Boosts towards combat support
- Boosts to projectile weaponry
- Balanced industrial defences ( 45 45 45 45 )
- More balanced legs/heads/arms layouts
- Larger Robots designed to use nexus modals
- Weak to EW?

E.G? Light Robot
Role - Artefact Finding /  Light Combat / Hostile Mining / Small Cargo Running

5% Cargo
5% projectile damage
5% Scanner
3 Misc/Turrets/Indy - 2 Head - 2 legs

Sequel/Assault thing
Role - Remote Repair / Field object deployment / Smaller Quicker Transport

5% Remote Repair time
5% Deployment time
5% Armour defences
2 Misc/indy  - 3 Head - 3 legs

+ Some story line about Outcast industrial robots adaptation to the war zone
as a Side Class/extension ( like EW Robots? )

Re: Semi-Combat logistical Robots?

The hybrid robot system is currently a design concept. Would be awesome if you could purchase Leg, Chassis and Heads and mix and match (new parts, not reusing the old ones) much in the same some games allow you to craft unique items or similar to how EVE does T3 ships.

I would love to be able to make a robot have more fittings for less slots or more slots for less fittings and all the other variables.

The Game

they can even add some extension that will affect such crafting result (+random ofc). says, recraft robot (pure or hybrid) with some additional bonus, or additional head/leg slot, etc. also such crafting can be implemented for any guns and modules

Have a productive day, Runner

What Perpetuum needs is:

1. Cargo extender modules
2. Logistic robots/mechs

Logistic robots/mechs don't really exist in the game. At the moment we're using miner/harvester robots to do remote repair, sensor amping, energy transferring, etc. This "healer/buffer" niche is quite empty and could benefit from some unique robots with bonuses to healer/buffer stuff.

Its a lot easier to pull off then dealing with hybrid robots and the inevitable "fotm" builds they'll bring. Its nice to have X thousand/million of combinations, but there's always top 2-3 that gets used and everything else is "lolfit".

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

5 (edited by Edyth 2011-05-12 14:53:37)

"fotm" Seem to happen no matter what you do, They're only held back by low EP. When the game had lot's of it,  "pvp" corps will demand you fly the latest overpowered thing with the "iwin" fit :s

I did note how the MK II Light Indy Robots only require level three! So you can get all the basic building/mining stuff done if you really wanted too. So.. Nice one Dev's. ( 3, arms, 2 heads, 2 legs )

I'm just floating the idea of a restart with some improved heavy industry stats and getting some basic indy skills and only light Robots.  Castel MK II's for pve, Laird mk II for parts I can't buy/loot without going mad... allways use a troian for pvp?