Topic: Ability to purchase 'common' storage at terminals.

In lieu of personal housing, can you develop a mechanic where we can purchase 'lockers' or common storage at terminals.  Allow us to set permissions for characters not on that account to access that storage and lock all others out.

It would be helpful with those of us with multiple accounts to share modules without having to be there constantly to trade.  Also they could be used by corporations as an additional mechanic to issue mods and materials to certain corp members. 

Thanks.

Re: Ability to purchase 'common' storage at terminals.

Uncle Mo wrote:

In lieu of personal housing, can you develop a mechanic where we can purchase 'lockers' or common storage at terminals.  Allow us to set permissions for characters not on that account to access that storage and lock all others out.

It would be helpful with those of us with multiple accounts to share modules without having to be there constantly to trade.  Also they could be used by corporations as an additional mechanic to issue mods and materials to certain corp members. 

Thanks.

Personal housing? Wait wut?

In case this isn't a troll:
I really like the idea of linked storages across multiple characters. The corporation storage current isn't able to provide this well enough without high level of trust but I guess that's so that multiple accounting has at least a few drawbacks.Shared folders in personal storage would be interesting. Like a drop-box of sorts. I'd personally keep most of my storage shared across two of my characters as they do nearly the same job. But I can also see this being hard to implement.

The Game

Alexander wrote:
Uncle Mo wrote:

Thanks.

Personal housing? Wait wut?

In case this isn't a troll:
I really like the idea of linked storages across multiple characters. The corporation storage current isn't able to provide this well enough without high level of trust but I guess that's so that multiple accounting has at least a few drawbacks.Shared folders in personal storage would be interesting. Like a drop-box of sorts. I'd personally keep most of my storage shared across two of my characters as they do nearly the same job. But I can also see this being hard to implement.

Nope.  No troll.  Was not some sort of POS system (i.e. housing) proposed for Perpetuum?  Only reason I mentioned it.

Uncle Mo wrote:

Thanks.

+1 relying on corp storage has a plethora of drawbacks and using trade in squad is ponderous

I can also see this being a mechanism for allowing player transport contracts between trusted but non-corp players.

The system for setting individual player relations is already in place, this would need to be expanded to include a storage level access data point. The storage system would also have to be enhanced to allow the setting of privledges, in addition to the recent upgrade to remote viewing. Shared storage you have access to would show up as additional tabs after global storage.

Access levels should be view only, drop only, view/take, and view/drop/take.

If the game has a scripting engine, it would be awesome if players could generate action scripts too. For instance;

Player has view only
  Action: Deposit
  Deposit Qty: 400,000
  Type: NIC
  Result: privledge granted
  Type: Take
Player can pickup cargo
  Action: Privledge removed
  Type: Take
At other end
  Action: Deposit
  Deposit Qty: 400,000
  Type: Titan Ore
Player puts 400k titan ore
  Action: Take
  Take Qty: 600,000
  Type: NIC

.... and player contracts are born.

All-in-all, not a trivial project, but something that would be worth while eventually.