26 (edited by bigsteve 2011-06-10 21:17:02)

Re: Please Tell me about Hungarian Mathmatics...

Could you work out those and let me have???
Please

May be i can work out the others from what i have....

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

DEV Zoom wrote:

Just tested it, ore specific intensive mining extensions do not work indeed. (#3361)

I thought this may have been fixed, but by % yeild is 80.63% regardless of the charge loaded, is this just an error in the display, or is it still not working?

Correction.. its Extensive extension not showing... thanks Anni

Annihilator wrote:

sorry, im only doing formulas on the data you provide here on forums, or data of things i can check ingame

only got speed and accu nexus trained.

Hi Annihilator

Got some EW Nexus Data.
Could you chew on it and find me a Formula, i have tried but to no avail

T4 Mod 0.075
Ext Level: 2 * 0.02
Bonus: 11.80%

T4 Mod 0.075
Ext Level 3 * 0.02
Bonus: 13.95%

EVE - bigsteve

30 (edited by Exekile 2011-07-30 09:39:21)

bigsteve wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

sorry, im only doing formulas on the data you provide here on forums, or data of things i can check ingame

only got speed and accu nexus trained.

Hi Annihilator

Got some EW Nexus Data.
Could you chew on it and find me a Formula, i have tried but to no avail

T4 Mod 0.075
Ext Level: 2 * 0.02
Bonus: 11.80%

T4 Mod 0.075
Ext Level 3 * 0.02
Bonus: 13.95%

It's  (1 + nexus bonus) * (1 + 0.02 * extension level).
Example with t4 nexus and extension level 3:     
(1 + 0.075) * (1 + 0.02 * 3) = 1.1395   -->  113.95%  ---> bonus of 13.95%

thats not right, you cant go moving round decimal points willy nilly..

EVE - bigsteve

but he is right.

like the previous formulas i made for the industrial and fast extractor nexus give you a positive result, the module displays you a -x%

correct formulas:
Indu nexus:
-1+ (1+nexus)*(1+extbonus*extlvl)^(1) = accureduction
nexus values are -0.0x!
extensionbonus values are -0.0x!
exponent is  +1

Fast extractor:
-1+ (1+nexus)*(1+extbonus*extlvl)^(-1) = cycletime reduction
nexus values are -0.0x!
extensionbus values are +0.0x!
exponent is  -1

EW-Nexus:
-1+ (1+nexus)*(1+extbonus*extlvl)^(1) = range bonus
nexus and extensionbonus values are +0.0x!
exponent is  +1

important fact is, that most infoscreens cut off 100%. like a standard unequipped Laser or missile launcher info doesnt show any damage modifier > its 100%
and you see that there is only one formula for the NEXUS modules, you just have to put in the variables positive or negative

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

33 (edited by Doek 2011-08-01 03:28:55)

This is what I came across today (it's my app giving me an overview of what it's doing):

[3] => Extension: ext_hull_upgrades (level 3) applies Hungarian Math™ [ 1025 * (1 + (5 / 100) * 3) ], or 15%, to item def_arbalest_bot's armor_max, going from 1025 to 1178.75
[4] => Extension: ext_mechanic (level 4) applies Hungarian Math™ [ 1178.75 * (1 + (2 / 100) * 4) ], or 8%, to item def_arbalest_bot's armor_max, going from 1178.75 to 1273.05
[5] => Modifier: added -28 % (from def_standard_mass_reductor) to robot's armor_max, going from 1273.05 to 916.596

So, that's rounded, between 917 and 916. Even if I round (or floor) the answers in between, I can't get it below 915. The problem? In-game runtime value (blue on show info) is 914 HP.

I'm like, GRRR.

Mechanics is at 4, complex mechanics at 3, for an Arbalest. Also includes a T1 standard lightweight frame, using a standard (1 - 0.28) calculation.

edit: found it.. you can't stack calculations, it needs to go in one go; e.g. base * (1 + (4*0.02 + 3*0.05)). Nice.

Okay, here we go:

[3] => Extension: ext_hull_upgrades (level 3) applies Hungarian Math™ [ 1025 * (1 + (5 / 100) * 3) ], or 15%, to item def_arbalest_bot's armor_max, adding 153.75 (armor_max is now 1178.75)
    [4] => Extension: ext_mechanic (level 4) applies Hungarian Math™ [ 1025 * (1 + (2 / 100) * 4) ], or 8%, to item def_arbalest_bot's armor_max, adding 82 (armor_max is now 1260.75)
    [5] => Modifier: added -28 % (from def_standard_mass_reductor) to robot's armor_max, going from 1260.75 to 907.74

Smooth sailing? Nope, 907 HP??!! I know without demob it's 1261 (yup, a rounded up display value), so I'm guessing it's more than likely the reported 28% HP reduction from a demob is in actually more like 27.5%? Damn guys.

doek, please reread your post... demob, hitpointreduction? hä?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You're right, of course. It's the HP reduction from a lightweight frame, this is just what happens if you're listening in on a TS3 with active PVP. Fact remains, it's just overzealous rounding of the client, and while I'm glad the devs built in an export function, at least have it maintain a precision or 2 (and please have it use the tokens, not the translation).

So, LWF's armor HP penalties are rounded, so the standard LWF has a penalty that's closer to -27.49% than 28%.

Thanks for the help Annihilator

EVE - bigsteve