Topic: Episode 3 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.com/

smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

2 (edited by Annihilator 2011-04-18 01:03:02)

Re: Episode 3 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

hmm, i miss a "content" summary

i mean - is there somewhere written down what i can hear in that podcast?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Good job grem and kalsius you guys have a solid view of gameplay and it's encouraging to here you talk about stuff. This kind of view needs to be gotten out there. We want more corps to come and have fun, and only by encouraging our "prey"/groups to come have fun can we have fun.

Interviewing the brotherhood was good. We are trying to help support them, so that they can be an alternative group in the game.

For diversity.

Annihilator wrote:

hmm, i miss a "content" summary

i mean - is there somewhere written down what i can hear in that podcast?

No there isn't. You just have to listen. smile

Listened for ten minutes. Realised you don't know what your on about. Stopped listening.

Points to note:

Three intrusions not two

The defining point of initia was range

:somuch: important stuff not even mentioned (enclave, Nauwy, blood, Syndic / Styx, Karapyth)

But meh at least you tried and it is 9am so maybe I'm overly cranky.

Im agree with Kalsius: industrials should be involved in PvP too. I think thats it will be logical to allow industrials build some kinds of defences, static buff emmiters, wall etc. This will help industrial in mining, so thy will be no more defenceless, and bring more divercity in the tactical and strategical sides of PvP. So industrials can take a static PvP role like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv9nGDE78fE, and DPS+EW+NEXus bots will be solve a dynamic role.

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

Listened for ten minutes. Realised you don't know what your on about. Stopped listening.

Points to note:

Three intrusions not two

The defining point of initia was range

:somuch: important stuff not even mentioned (enclave, Nauwy, blood, Syndic / Styx, Karapyth)

But meh at least you tried and it is 9am so maybe I'm overly cranky.

You're always cranky, get over yourself wink

Dont talk to me like you know me you sniveling little worm.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Political Landscape seemed more like a military analysis then an actual Political Landscape at some points, I do still notice the problem being that you guys aren't getting out there and GETTING the information; you're still mostly going by the few tidbits you see from your personal points of view.

This is the third show, it shouldn't be that much of a problem to fire off an in-game mail to designated contact-persons for various corps/alliances asking if there is anything they'd like to add in for the podcast. I do it every day and fire off ~20 in-game mails to various people to keep up to speed with whats going on.

Purely as an example:

Why should I - as a CEO - come to you and tell you that I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy by offering to every Alpha corp to buy all the Ore they have to sell, with my corp handling all the transportation? Why should I come to you and tell you that my corporation is offering access to technology by providing T4 prototypes for production to all our allied corporations if they don't have it themselves?

You should be coming to me, asking me if there's anything I'd like mentioned in the show. You should be firing off mails left-right-and-center, getting information from all corps in the game, and piece together the accurate picture - or as close as possible to accurate, given people being people - to present to the community.

Up. The. Game.

I'm at 51 minutes now and I'm literally willing myself to listen to the end.

P.S.

Anyone who considers T4 end-game should be shot until dead. T5-T6-T7 sounds like someone wants a little bit of WOW in Perpetuum; the end-game is nullsec WHEN it is added. Until then, intrusions are end-game. wink

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I just finished listening to the interview... I feel quite stupid at the moment. I cannot make for the life of me, head or tail of whats being said. Can someone um... explain it a bit to me, I dont quite get it what's being said there. Lots of words but none make sense. Here's what I understood so far:

We're not an alliance but we're an alliance thats called coalition.
We dont like to be forced to PVP but we PVP.
If you decide to join our alliance you are not forced to join our alliance (this is where I got lost).

I seriously can't make head or tail of it. neutral

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Jita wrote:

I do know you, there's thousands of angsty people like you all over the interweb, spouting their negativity and lack of contructive comments wink

Jelan wrote:
Jita wrote:

I do know you, there's thousands of angsty people like you all over the interweb, spouting their negativity and lack of contructive comments wink

always so full of laughter jelly bear, negativity would be bringing a gank kain hoping to make love to me in 10 seconds. Advice to you, get me drunk first, Im easy when Im drunk hehe  cool

Poulpe wrote:
Jelan wrote:
Jita wrote:

always so full of laughter jelly bear, negativity would be bringing a gank kain hoping to make love to me in 10 seconds. Advice to you, get me drunk first, Im easy when Im drunk hehe  cool

Noted and stored for future use big_smile

Talking about politics is always a touchy subject, even in a game ... or especially in a game, where the participants are passionate about what they are doing.

Being out on the edge of the politics, I thought the information provided was generally neutral. I could see where someone in the middle of everything could see it as 'thin', but even that small glimpse into the politics is informative to corpmates that play at odd times, new players, or small corp leaders just building contacts.

I believe what the brotherhood said is they are not an Alliance with 1 main corp and pets. No single corp or leader dictates what the alliance/coallition does, but they will band together when needed and help each other. This is easier, and also harder, to accomplish than Corp/pet type alliance. Easier because it is low maintenance, harder because relations can easily be strained when you need them and they chose not to answer the call.

The Brotherhood seems to me like a group that isn't too dangerous unless you poke it, repeatedly, in both eyes... with a sharp stick, and get all the members rallied against you directly. The same could be said against any of the 3, it just takes less poking, and in the case of M2S's solo ownership a single poke.

lol we made on the podcast
damn our english is so horrible eheh

the point thou is: u join IBS (same goes fr the coalition) u'r free to do what u prefer, and we won't force you to do something on a regular basis, we try to help people having fun and that's it, after years of nullsec warfare (CTAs and all that crap) we decided we don't want to do the same on PO aswell
as simple as that.

that said i'm out of the loop (i dropped my roles) so for more accurate stuff....ask janisch ^_^
thanks again for the interview guys btw

cya

FYI I don't appreciate whoever it was from IBS proclaiming that we have an alliance policy where by we force our members to PvP. We've never had such a policy and we still don't. So please STFU unless you've got your facts right.

Styx wrote:

FYI I don't appreciate whoever it was from IBS proclaiming that we have an alliance policy where by we force our members to PvP. We've never had such a policy and we still don't. So please STFU unless you've got your facts right.

Styx in a :JUSTFACTSYEAH!: shocker.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

18 (edited by Gremrod 2011-04-18 20:32:04)

@Everyone

Hmm, I am starting to wonder if the podcasts are creating more hostility towards one another than needed.

@Fourfingers Frankie

The comment about the three intrusions instead of two. Sorry I only had info on 2 and I am not going to try and talk about an intrusion I have no info on.

Also when you say defining factor was range, isn't it always a factor?

I saw no reason to point out the obvious.

19 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-04-18 20:42:54)

Gremrod wrote:

@Everyone

Hmm, I am starting to wonder if the podcasts are creating more hostility towards one another than needed.

You're going to have critics regardless of what you do, and nothing in your podcasts sounds really "infuriating"/anger making. Just ignore it. It's fun to listen to and adds a good dimension to the game.

I agree with other posters here, you need to go and get more information from people involved. Send out mails once a week to CEOs, try and build a network of (protected) sources within corps.

Re the content summary - yes you need this, just a sentence that names the main topics and who the interview is.

Gremrod wrote:

@Everyone

Not at all. That's a good thing. Keep it going, and don't expect rainbows and purple hearts in return. Just try and do your best to report the facts as you see them, and let the drama unfold.

Gremrod wrote:

@Fourfingers Frankie

The comment about the three intrusions instead of two. Sorry I only had info on 2 and I am not going to try and talk about an intrusion I have no info on.

I would have liked to have heard more discussion about the tactics during the intrusion - having a list of people who can give you info from the other side, or on bits you missed will really help here. If there are videos on youtube, watch them, and make notes of the things you see that you can talk about. And maybe even before any military analysis section have a list of your talking points already written up between you.

Overall I really enjoyed it, I think this is really coming along. I approve of our resident agony aunts, they did a great job and I like the way you hosted it.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Mara Kaid wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

@Everyone

You're going to have critics regardless of what you do, and nothing in your podcasts sounds really "infuriating"/anger making. Just ignore it. It's fun to listen to and adds a good dimension to the game.

Just checking is all. Yes critics......, I know how the DEVs feel in a small way. lol

So you guys really want blow by blow reports for every intrusion or at least those we talk about?

It's a tricky one, Grem. I was at both intrusions you talked about, and I felt a lot was missed out.

But we don't necessarily want a blow by blow account. Just more stuff said to the point, I didn't really feel much was said beyond you both deciding ECM was key. As a vagabond pilot at Initia naturally I approve of this big_smile but some examples of why you thought that would have been good. More about what turned the tide of both battles, what mistakes you felt were made. You did sort of cover it but I don't think you had enough info to really analyse them properly.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

The 0.00 NIC NPC buyorders for Titan ore and HDT was a bug (no idea how that happened actually). Thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now.

And if you're asking why, they're needed for the trial miners so they can make some money too by some way other than assignments. They're still low enough not to interfere with player buyorders.

Campana wrote:

It's a tricky one, Grem. I was at both intrusions you talked about, and I felt a lot was missed out.

But we don't necessarily want a blow by blow account. Just more stuff said to the point, I didn't really feel much was said beyond you both deciding ECM was key. As a vagabond pilot at Initia naturally I approve of this big_smile but some examples of why you thought that would have been good. More about what turned the tide of both battles, what mistakes you felt were made. You did sort of cover it but I don't think you had enough info to really analyse them properly.

Point noted. Thanks.