Topic: Access restriction on beta island outposts

If a corp owns an outpost on beta island, you should (in my opinion) be able to lock out an enemy corp. Enemy corps should not be able to enter the terminal and stalk players.

Re: Access restriction on beta island outposts

You're right but you can't due to the assignments inside them. Remove assignments and then you could lock people out but that's not fair if they have modules in there already. Just guard it better. big_smile

The Game

Stick all the assignments in the beta outpost in the main beta terminal. That would be the best option and add much more to the game play than what the missions do in the outposts.

The option to keep others out will likely be the sole driving force behind player built ones.

Devilbliss wrote:

If a corp owns an outpost on beta island

that is the catch u dont own them

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

Outlaw wrote:
Devilbliss wrote:

If a corp owns an outpost on beta island

that is the catch u dont own them

Thats odd, so why does the intrusion details say for Abbuthilia, "Current owner: Menace to Society?"

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx: Does it disagree with the backstory?  I seem to recall the backstory mentioning that the syndicate merely selects corporations to run the outposts for them...

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

The ingame page on intrusions seems to be inconsistent.  It mentions 'control' and 'ownership', but then says:

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Territorial_warfare wrote:

The Syndicate chooses only the wealthiest and strongest corporations to maintain outposts. A pure evidence of wealth is money: in this case the new owner needs to pay 10 million NIC. This sum is reduced by 1 million each time the defending corporation succeeds.

9 (edited by Alexander 2010-11-25 16:46:24)

Disallow anyone from setting their home to a captured outpost that isn't owned by them and if the outpost your home is set to it captured you're pushed to the islands terminal instead.

Fixes 50% of the issues.

The Game

Yes it needs to happen but staged over time I think. Lets get ownership up first and do it from there.

Cid Jorgumeri wrote:

The ingame page on intrusions seems to be inconsistent.  It mentions 'control' and 'ownership', but then says:

The Syndicate chooses only the wealthiest and strongest corporations to maintain outposts. A pure evidence of wealth is money: in this case the new owner needs to pay 10 million NIC. This sum is reduced by 1 million each time the defending corporation succeeds.

If you're seriously trying to use the lore to balance game play mechanics then you can go back to mining and stay out of any serious threads on game play discussion changes.

If you want the lore to make sense replace "Owner" with "Maintainer" in this thread.

The Game

agree

14 (edited by Cid Jorgumeri 2010-11-26 00:09:35)

Styx wrote:
Cid Jorgumeri wrote:

If you're seriously trying to use the lore to balance game play mechanics then you can go back to mining and stay out of any serious threads on game play discussion changes.

The game lore and story is just as important as the mechanics.  It may be underdeveloped, but how else should someone gauge the developers' intentions, when thats the text which is readily available?  I'm sure your vision of an ideal PVP environment doesn't just spring from the head fully-formed.  From the written text though, it does seem clear to me that the position of a corp that holds an outpost is that of a tenant, not an owner.  Take that how you will, but the underlying intention doesnt seem to be for the 3 outposts per island to be a closed environment like you seem to advocate.  How about you explain why it should be changed instead of sperging out?

EDIT: slight grammar repair

It would be Nice if you just couldnt set your home station too an owned outpost that you were not blue with...

+1

If it's owned/rented/maintained/squatted in by a corp, only that corp and other corps it's set to positive relation should be able to set as home.

If there are missions from other outposts/terminals to that one, then those missions should only be available to the corps that are not negative relation.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

17 (edited by HarkH factory 2010-12-22 11:06:30)

to make things more simple set the docking / homebase based on the faction ratio of the Corp.
like 20% for docking in beta and 30% for setting home.

so no problem with people doing their assigment. and that give sense to building up faction.

It's not your base, camp or hideout. It is a syndicate owned operations facility being leased to you temporarily, said lease being directly related to your ability to hold it. You did not build the facility, invest resources into it's repair stats, crafting facililites etc. It is not "yours" anyone who can get to it can use it.

The desire and/or ability to keep people off an outpost is purly player incentive and has no game benefits (if any) except to the wanna-be owner and therefore must be enforced by players.

Once we have player cities the npc outposts in beta will make a lot more sense I think.  Right now it is a bit weird since it is your base so to speak, for lack of a real one.

Yeah, beta should become the "low sec" here, and null will be where theres no protection on any of the teleporters or terminals, and you really do own your home so you can set permissions on who can and cannot dock or set home there.

I will be so happy when the scout alts are no longer able to stay at your home and scout you whenever they want.

->You just lost The Game<-