1 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-04-03 17:54:53)

Topic: New/Low EP Starting players weekly Light Bot Tournaments - 62nd

Hello,
   For the past few weeks now we have been holding light bot tournaments on alpha which are extremely fun with beginner item fits ( ie tech 1 modules ). We are now opening this up to new players, and low ep players that are interested in having some fun or starting to get their teeth wet in combat experience.
   No matter your political direction, orientation when getting higher in the game as a new player or low ep player we'd like to give you the opportunity to have some fun. My own first starting experience in this game was during a fun pvp end event when the gms gave us some starting cash near end of beta and we just went at it in bots!

We have low skilled/low ep players that can match against you for fun, or if you're like me, maybye you enjoy testing your cheap fits against higher ep chars and come out ontop! Plenty of times we have gone against the odds and won via teamwork and determination.

Where: We hold this event somewhere near ics alpha every week. If you wish to come please contact mara kaid/balfizar/sharkwolf on the forums or via mail in game and we'll pick you up/find you @ ICS ALPHA.

When: 22:00 server time, sunday ( friendly for euros as well! )

What do I bring?: Bring a fun attitude, a light bot t1 fit, and 200k to put into the pot. We typically have 200k pot that people throw in, and the winner gets the whole pot plus an assault bot for winning. If you have problems with this, but would like to really attend and have a genuine interest, some of us can sponsor you for fun. Simply ask and communicate. An abuse of this will result in us being less open to sponsoring newer bodies. Seriously though if you really want some fun, we'll help you.

How does it work?: Typically two opponents face off against eachother in the arena, flag up, then go at it using plants/terrain as cover. It's a good learning process and helps improve your fighting against stronger bots. Sometimes we do teams, and different bots.

Again having fun pvp is easy, and enjoyable and does not require you have high value in order to participate in fights.

Please contact Mara Kaid/Sharkwolf/Balfizar via mail, forum mail, or messaging.

One 3 way match between our members vaelen gar/balfizar/kanogi (BALF IS CHAMPION smile )
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … round2.jpg

Balfizar upsets the former champion ROCKEMSOCKEM ROBOT STYLE:
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … arwins.jpg

Re: New/Low EP Starting players weekly Light Bot Tournaments - 62nd

When's the Corp tourny coming?

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-03-24 01:00:40)

This sounds fun. I think I'll come along smile
Everyone else bring detecting modules and come and watch! big_smile

The Game

4 (edited by Balfizar 2011-03-24 03:11:04)

corp vs. corp tourny will come soon im trying to get a broadcasting thing in place so people in and out of the tourny can listen and thats where ill set up matches from so me being on like 100 vents/ts ect. wont be needed also trying to get it to where i can get 2 people on it....so still in works just trying to get stuff into place. I have had class the last two weeks so have not made much progress

also i have not gotten any mails of any corps interested in signing up for such a event

Usually I like the simplicity of the event because it's casual and doesn't take much to setup. I'm sure we'll run a bigger event sometime, that's up to balf. This was his idea, and mostly I was like wow when i did it and I enjoyed how casual it was.

I like this to invite newer players, or younger ep ones so they can another possibility of good fights.

i must equip my castel.

So no veteran players, what about veteran players with crap small bot skills?

/me supports this product

great job guys

If I'm online I'll be by to watch for sure!

10 (edited by Balfizar 2011-03-26 02:13:12)

everyone welcome....

For our next tournament which is on sunday at 19:00, we are hoping to offer an argano mk 2 to the winner.  If we get enough people we will hand it out to the best person. Runner up will get assault ( 2nd place ).

again please mail mara kaid/balfizar/sharkwolf with your interest. Convo me beforehand on the tournament time, and I will gladly take you to it from ics alpha.

good luck to all!

Thank you arga for the donation.

12 (edited by Arga 2011-03-30 00:10:15)

Your welcome.

But its a laird mk II. )

Its actually almost useful for gathering norgalis with the additional 1% more harvest per cycle for each level of industrial. Until you get a gargoyle II!

I suppose you could sell it too sad

--

I just got my little prome all tuned up, looking forward to getting blow'd up on Sunday.

Be sure to contact mara kaid/balfizar/sharkwolf if you are interested in this, if they don't get enough participation, that poor Laird II will gather dust until next week.

yeah we will advertise over the week about the event and promote people.

we would like new player showings, and prefer not to give it away if only a few show etc.

Hi everyone, this last weekend we had an awesome time!!

We had a record of 16 people in the community participating in this event.  I will summarize the event later with arachnix sometime posting a youtube video when he can.

When we had more people the best thing about it was that I saw much more varied fits. You would expect the fits to be one of several types, but people came with such good imagination.

I wont point out particular fits but that was very good!!!

Next week we will do teams of 2v2, and we'll just keep it simple and fun so it's not overly complex.

Same time 19:00 server time on a sunday.

Contact me mara kaid/balfizar/sharkwolf for prize donations, or interest.

The best part for me, was some friendly banter but no politics! I had to step away so I missed the final rounds, looking forward to the video!

Next event is same time 19:00 this sunday 4/9/2011 it will be a team event. I am going to summarize last weeks tournament soon.

18 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-04-08 20:33:57)

Last weeks tournament saw 15 people in the community join from various corps about the game. This is a great way to get to meet new corps and get into them as you can enjoy pvp but get advice from different perspectives.

A prize of an argano mk 2 was donated from arga for the event. Which made it nice.

One of the better parts of the tournament was the varying fitting ideas I had. In particular it was refreshing to see people from different corps think up new ideas on a light t1 fitted bot. We noted some great diversity from RG, and m2s pilots which was cool to see!

Here are the rounds, and details I noted during the matches. I'm very sure that others can provide some insightfull comments in these, and we have a youtube going up soon.

--1st Draft Ladder--
Alex vs smokey - Prom vs Prom - Alexander had some good movement and so did smokey. While both tried to use some terrain, smokey simply got out dps'd and wound up loosing. I don't know why he wanted to get drafted against alexander...

ALEX WINS!

balfizar vs jeanmi - prom vs prom - Balfizar dished out a lot of damage, jean tried neutralizers and 2 guns on highs. The dps just outdid the ewar and jean lost. Was cool to try the neuts. I did that myself, but just not enough dps when someone is on your back.

BALFIZA WINS!

shark vs khalvarik - prom vs prom - Khalvarik starts out with a hard push on shark, but shark made good use of terrain. Unfortunately for shark he used wrong ammo and lost an advantage on khalvarik which made him loose later on.

Kharvuk wins!

tux vs baglodesh - castel vs yagel - I don't know about this match, tux did ok, but Bag was screaming on coms and just raged all over tux. I felt bad for tux as bag was screaming DIE DIE

bag wins

mara vs arga - prom vs prom - was a good fight. I was out dps'd by a bit. I used terrain and didn't push hard at the beginning to try to pull my opponent to me. Was very close, I won.

Mara wins

inda vs kanogi (castel) vs (yagel) - inda had a good advantage working on kanogi with range, however kanogi pushed in and did a good amount of dps overcomming his honorable opponent

kanogi wins!

crep vs whys - prom vs prom- In this fight crep had an ecm on, and a drainer. amazingly why's had a pecular fit i didn't ask details for but it worked pretty nicely with a drain and some nice dps. The fight lasted quite awhile. why overcame his opponent though it was a very close fight.

why's win.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd draft qualifiers:

balf vs alex - Alex won, balf was doing good damage, and so did alex. But balf came out on top.

kanogi vs bag - two opposing warriors, only one could come out ontop. It seems that this time the fates favored bag as while yelling on coms and spitting out foul words he took down kanogi! SUCH ANGER AND HATRED

BAGLODESH WINS

mara vs khal - I used terrain, but khal had more damage on me and I didn't use the right ammo this time like shark did ( woopsie ). In the end I was out dps'd and I went down.

KHALVARIK WINS

alex vs whys - Was a good match again with two people from the same corp against eachother. At this point I had to go afk and I lost sight of the match, but Alex came out on top.

Alex wins

---

Last round was:
bag vs kharvuk - khalvarik won
with final match - khalvarik vs alex, with khalvarik winning!!!

Congratulations khalvarik you are the chamion!!!

19 (edited by Crepitus 2011-04-08 20:53:58)

I was in a Yagel not a Prom.  Also I had a standard sensor and a demob and a light standard drainer, light plate, standard repair, 2 light autos and a light EM (which used so much accu I could barely use it ;/).

Whys had a sensor supressor that I thought was an ECM during the fight cause he kept backing out of range and breaking my targeting with it (like 7 or 8 times) and a neut (?).

Did Arachnix post his tournament video yet?

P.S.  Even getting my newb *** kicked in the first round, it was still fun, thanks for running the event.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I had a sensor amp against mara, but didn' realize that because of lock time he didn't. A newb pvp error. Mara pushed in after locking, and typically iwould have backed up, but didn't want to get out of the arena, so I tried to run past, newb mistake 2 smile

Once I was demobbed, I lost my speed and range advantage, nice work mara!

[17:03:07] <Earth Muncher> arena at 20:00:00 today t1 fit light bot 200k entry fee great fun!

Today's Arena 4/10/11

22 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-04-13 22:05:37)

4/10/11 tournament summary

Round 1 qualifier:

ICE vs Storage solutions - yagel vs castel - ice first tournament fight, ice learning etc

terrain guns, had some issues farming, just simply out dps'd the bot.

Inda vs whys - yagel vs prometheus - Inda kept distance well, but got demob'd in the end.

Mara vs shades - yagel vs prometheis - yagel used ecm on me, i did 1 drainer to drain ecm.

shade had good terrain but because i was fighting in this weeks intrusion i knew to stay

behind plants. and just pull yagels out.

decon vs doob - prom vs yagel - doob came rushing on, decon played tree hugger, doob had an

awesome range on his missiles. decon couldn't lock onto doob, as he cursed and fell!!

frozy vs baglodush - a very close fight. It seemed that frozy was going to come in and do a

ton of damage. bag hid and waited, and finally he came out like a tiger does in his birthday

suit and started shooting. Both opponents were very close in damage, until bag out did the

damage and won.

tux vs balf - tux drained balf's energy, and lots of fun tree hugging transpired. until

finally tux went down.

snore vs A RANDOM OPPONENT -  RANDOM OPPONENT IS SNORRE. snorre had a good distance to

fighting and whys was having a hard time of getting close. whys had artillery and lasers, and

then suddenly he blew up for some odd reason.

NEXT ROUND -

doob vs bag - doob played his tricks with a SUPERIOR range advantage!!
balf vs mara - i had a good advantage for my third time against balf, again even with three

lasers i was doing good. however i stayed behind the trees because i was still mentally in

hiding mode. Unfortanetly that gave my opponent a nice advantage and I lost. Silly me!! Pvp is

more then just fitting it's just fun mental skills as well.

snore vs ice - snore wins, ice had good spirit

FINAL ROUND QUALIFIER
balf vs snore - snore is using terrain well against balf, balf is having a hard time hitting.

snore is, and KANOGI WINS

FINAL ROUND
doob fights winner -

snoore gets owned by reload then *** by doob.
2.61 mil for next week given to winner, doob refused the prize.

The tournament was just held with 11+ attendees, ranging form m2s, hun, 62nd, cir members. The fits were very innovative and nice to view. The winner of the tournament is Doobs AN INDEPENDENT MAN OF WEALTH AND POWER, with a neat castel fit. Doobs has given back the pot of 2.6 mil to the winner. Grats.

corrected for honorable fellows wink

We'd like to do teams this week, again light bots t1 fit!!! Fun stuff guys! Having lots of cool people turn up with different ideas.

Extra rules for 2v2: No same 2 color robots on a team.
20:00

good 2v2 tournament this week, was fun!