Topic: Episode 1 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

Here is the podcast everyone!

http://gremrod.wordpress.com/2011/03/20 … n-podcast/

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

2 (edited by Jita 2011-03-21 01:17:56)

Re: Episode 1 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

Some good stuff. Tackled the burning question - are we gonna have five entities or will the same old powerblocs stay together and fight each other. I know which i'd prefer.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

3 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-03-21 01:30:20)

Thanks grem, and the other commentator that was really good. I like how you guys see things from different points of view.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, it makes the game more fun and round.

The analysis of the politics and then economy is good.

Different power blocks would be a good thing in the game and add diversity.

Sounds good matey, well done big_smile

Also Kalsius, that traveling man is like around the corner from where i live. Why haven't we been for beers yet.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Great stuff guys, really enjoyed it.
We're grateful for every incentive such as this to spread the word.

(Also I didn't forget about that interview yet Kalsius smile )

ps. Noralgis doesn't grow by itself wink

DEV Zoom wrote:

ps. Noralgis doesn't grow by itself wink

Great confirmed that it all has to be planted. smile

8 (edited by Syndic 2011-03-21 02:55:50)

I was a bit disappointed by the political landscape, I get the impression you guys were really struggling to find topics to talk about; and ended up grasping at straws. In some cases (like Cyberdine - Rome, and BUNG, etc) you were so far off the mark that it became obvious the two of you were giving a layman's view based exclusively on corp infographics & posts on the forum. 

I think this section of the podcast could do a lot of improvements with some journalism work, getting official statements/small tidbits from various corporations in different powerblocks. Dig a bit below the surface so to speak.

All in all 8/10 for the effort, lots of improvement to be done but definitely good to see #1 show up.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

This was great. Posting in the forums is good, but a concept that is easy to describe in a few minutes of conversation takes a wall of text that turns most readers off, so I really liked how you were able to boil down long threads to their essence and present it.

This is also a much friendlier beginner format than slogging through forum posts.

oh, and the production quality was good too.

Thanks!

Syndic wrote:

I think this section of the podcast could do a lot of improvements with some journalism work, getting official statements/small tidbits from various corporations in different powerblocks. Dig a bit below the surface so to speak.

I would agree with this. For a first pass though I understand that some corps were reluctant to talk until they saw that it would be presented fairly. I think they should have better results now when they do dig a little, which I hope they do.

Perpetuum corp vs. corp arena coming soon!! All assclowns welcome!! Stand watch at your mailbox for formal invites or send me ingame mail expressing your interest to join up!
(still in the works but coming soon)

12 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-21 03:28:45)

Thanks for the input. First show and yes we have sections like you pointed out that need to improve. They will in time. smile

Pretty cool. Thanks for doing this. I look forward to many more.

The posters are a great idea that maybe can be done just a little better. You could add tear-offs to the bottom with the PO URL and picture of a cool Heavy Mech to remind them what they have in their hand. Visit the shop weekly to replace the torn up poster smile

The 'cast was pretty well done.. remember to always speak to the mike as a few times you went real low.. great to have different corps on each show.. sometime grab a newb player and an experienced player together, let the new person ask questions of the experienced. Maybe "10 questions a new player wants to know" segment kind of thing. Lot's you can do I'm sure you know.

Well done, thank you much!
Be well.

Really good podcast. Enjoyed listening to it and i am awaiting podcast Nr. 2.

- Z

Former CEO of X-23

Nice effort guys. Keep bringing more smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Am I missing something or is it not possible to download an mp3?  I'll listen to this one because I'm curious but in general podcasts get listened to in the car, at the gym, etc.  Something to consider for next time.

17 (edited by Kalsius Dakalsai 2011-03-21 14:53:53)

Thanks for all the great feedback, we knew there would be things to improve on but thats what makes it fun!!

The political stuff was more difficult, primarily because of the reasons above, this was a first run, people were reluctant to talk but hey, now we're here we can do more!!

All suggestions welcome!!

I would also like to personally thank Gremrod for taking a chance with this, and me. I had a blast and I am really looking forward to doing the next one!!

EDIT:

For information, I will be posting up some real high resolution versions of the Posters shortly and will ensure the links get updated!!

Zoom, I'm coming to stalk you! Lets make a promise to have it ready for Grem and myself to discuss!!!

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

I'm available for interviews, autographs, book signings and convenience store opening ceremonies

19 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-03-21 16:53:26)

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:

Thanks for all the great feedback, we knew there would be things to improve on but thats what makes it fun!!

Kalsius that was great hearing you as well on the cast. You showed me some different looks at the game population/corps I wasn't aware of. Thanks.

20 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-21 19:16:01)

Ral wrote:

Am I missing something or is it not possible to download an mp3?  I'll listen to this one because I'm curious but in general podcasts get listened to in the car, at the gym, etc.  Something to consider for next time.

Yes, I can put a link to the mp3 file so it can be downloaded also.

EDIT: The link is now on the blog.

Gremrod wrote:
Ral wrote:

Thanks.  I think that makes it a bit more accessible for most people.

If you decide to continue with it (and I hope you do!) getting on iTunes or one of the other Podcast directories will make it easy for us to automatically get new episodes, as well as spread the word about PO!

I really enjoyed listening to the stream while I was playing.

There is room for more than 1 podcast, so if you liked what Grem is doing, don't be shy about putting your own out there for me to consume!

Ral wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Ral wrote:

Thanks.  I think that makes it a bit more accessible for most people.

If you decide to continue with it (and I hope you do!) getting on iTunes or one of the other Podcast directories will make it easy for us to automatically get new episodes, as well as spread the word about PO!

Yes, we plan on continuing the podcast. I will look at the podcast directory stuff too. Thanks for the input on that.

Everyone that has given us feed back on the first podcast, thanks again.

Any ideas that you want to see us cover on the show please post away. smile

Gremrod wrote:

Everyone that has given us feed back on the first podcast, thanks again.

Any ideas that you want to see us cover on the show please post away. smile

Blow-by-blow neutral viewpoint historical introduction of every powerblock in-game, introduce everyone to the new players who are tuning into your show.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice