Topic: Lagged to death

HI
while about 2 shots away from killing a destroyer and having nearly full health the server seemed to hiccup and the droid I was killing just walked sideways into impassible terrain and everything stopped working on my bot
all the cooldowns were ticking but nothing was happening.
        moving about I could see all the NPC bots were completely still, and after a minute or so I logged out and back in again to the delight of me exploding.. I lost a load of ammo and drone kernals and have no bot (other that the starter one)

can anything be done about this?

thanks
jell0r

2 (edited by Quip 2010-11-23 22:47:42)

Re: Lagged to death

This happened to me twice now. All NPC's and players are suddenly still, targets cannot be locked or unlocked, modules cycle forever but don't fire. I can move around and chatting works fine.

It feels like lag but I don't think it is, as then the chat should also lag. And once you get into the above state, it doesn't go back to normal.

It seems to strike rarely and at random moments, I can't really reproduce this. The workaround is to log out to the character selection menu, and logging in the character again.

It's a recent change. Should be resolved soon. Keep reports coming as it helps build a picture of the problem.

The Game

I had the same thing happen earlier. Everything just sort of froze in place. The modules kept flashing, but the ammo numbers never decreased. I was able to move around, but was unable to interact with anything. Nothing would respond to commands, right clicking, double clicking, nothing changed. I thought I was just disconnected so I used my second account to send my frozen account a message and it was received, so I was still connected. I then walked my bot (who stayed locked and looking at the primary target some 300k+ away) to the terminal. Double clicking or attempting to interact with the terminal didn't work, but the Enter button appeared. I clicked that and noticed the Terminal chat open, but nothing changed on my screen other than that. Logging out and back in showed I was in fact in the terminal.

same problem for me yesturday night.
to solve the problem I just had to logout (not quit the game).
very weird you can travel and go where you want but nothing seems to function.
the landmark and other indication still indicate the right information and you can select and do some personnal action. any action including another NPC or player failed.

fortunatly my squad protect me cool

6 (edited by Riggsville 2010-11-24 20:36:58)

Quip wrote:

This happened to me twice now. All NPC's and players are suddenly still, targets cannot be locked or unlocked, modules cycle forever but don't fire. I can move around and chatting works fine.

It feels like lag but I don't think it is, as then the chat should also lag. And once you get into the above state, it doesn't go back to normal.

It seems to strike rarely and at random moments, I can't really reproduce this. The workaround is to log out to the character selection menu, and logging in the character again.

this exactly - started after patch
3 times so far

mobs and players stop moving completely - chat still works (this is a good or a bad thing)
fortunately your own avatar doesn't seem to exist on the same astral plane even though you are in-game - not been killed by this problem since i'm not really there (wonder if this could be used for spying?)
just have to log/relog

Riggsville wrote:

wonder if this could be used for spying?

I don't think so, it's a bit too infrequent for that.

Also the last time I got into the bugged state, I walked back towards the terminal, and I *think* I logged back in at the same spot near the terminal where I logged out. Need to confirm this though.

I have lot 2 bots to this bug so far. Is there any sort or reimbursement system?