Topic: Mk2 Ictus

Mk2 robots give quite a nice bonus overall and I like them, a head and leg slot, a nice bonus giving a reason to train up the racial skills and more speed.
However the current bonus on the Mk 2 Ictus is a bit useless.
Currently all ewar mechs get a ewar range bonus, and this is perfect for a zennith or vagabond and even on the smaller bot, a troiar, you might actually use it.
But on the Pelistal ewar mech you should be using neutralisers or possibly drainers, not demobbers. So an ewar range bonus doesn't make any sense to have, if you want someone to use demobs you get a zennith, suppressors? Get a zennith. ECM? Vagabond. So you use an ictus for energy warfare
Therefore the ewar range bonus on a Mk2 Ictus should be changed to a energy warfare range bonus, because that would actually make a lot more sense.

Re: Mk2 Ictus

Shaedys wrote:

Currently all ewar mechs get a ewar range bonus, and this is perfect for a zennith or vagabond

Vagabonds don't get any range bonus, although I wish they did, even a small one would be nice.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

I'm sorry, I meant the Mk2 ewar mech bonus.
How currently for all ewar Mk2 mechs this is a 2% bonus to EW module optimal range and how this should be changed on the Ictus Mk2 to neut/drain optimal range.

650m neuts are useless?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

The bonus the Mk2 ewar mechs get is good for the Vagabond and the Zennith but not the Ictus.
I'm not saying the Ictus sucks or is useless, I'm saying the bonus on the Mk2 Ictus should be changed from EW module optimal range to Neut/Drain optimal range, or just remove the bonus altogether, because the EW module optimal range bonus on the Ictus Mk2 is useless.

Jita wrote:

650m neuts are useless?

Neuts and drains aren't electronic warfare.

the bonus on the intakt was always supressing - did you use it for supressing only? no
the bonus on resist bonus on riveler and symbiont are not usefull for mining - is it useless?
the bonus on trojar is for neuting - do you use it to neut?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Styx wrote:
Jita wrote:

650m neuts are useless?

So they are not effected by the long distance electronic warfare skills or nexus?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Styx wrote:
Jita wrote:

650m neuts are useless?

So they are not effected by the long distance electronic warfare skills or nexus?

They shouldn't be although I haven't checked in recent weeks. If they are it's a bug and should be reported.

They are not in any way affected by the extension or the nexus.
And Annihilator, you can use a troiar to demob or do damage. It's very viable for that.
You can use an intakt to do suppressing quite effectively. The rivler and symbiont bonuses are only rarely useful.
But the bonus on the Ictus will not be used whatsoever.

Note the bonus is now being changed in the patch.
Thank you very much devs.

Be good if they just kept it the same and let's drains and neuts be effected by the skills and nexus. They are under used anyways as modules.

Jita wrote:

Be good if they just kept it the same and let's drains and neuts be effected by the skills and nexus. They are under used anyways as modules.

I agree. I think neuts and drainers should fall under the ewar category. But they don't at the moment.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

They haven't been in that category since release. One of our pilots was very interested in specializing for neuts/drainers, but decided on ECM instead because no extensions were affecting neuts/drainers.

If it's a bug it's been around for a very long time.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It's not a bug, it's balance. If the EWAR range extensions effected Neuts/Drains then they'd be significantly overpowered. A properly fit Ictus is very dangerous in the correct hands as it is.