Topic: Faction, Damage and Resistances (Diagram)

http://gremrod.wordpress.com/2011/02/28 … sistances/

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Faction, Damage and Resistances (Diagram)

Thanks much. Pretty colors big_smile

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x61/ … nt=NPC.png

Oh nice one there. smile

ot0_m0t0

I don't think that your categorizing of npc-names is right or reflecting what they have equipped:

Hellraiser  and Thunderstrike are no "tank" - they are "interceptor" (demob, drainer)
Cremator and Ram are no "scout" - they are dps+tank (Tuning, armor, hardener)
Lynx is scout (chassis-/cargo scanner)

Halberdier is same as hellraiser and jakal -> interceptor, not "ewar"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Im a complete newb here and I did this cos I was getting confused alot. That categorization of NPCs is taken from a list I found on this forum and assumed it was correct.
I also noticed some names are not right there..... so I will fix it but could you assemble a correct list pls?

bump

these diagrams are weird since they are not properly interconnected. as a pelistal, I am interested in shooting all 3 factions (afaik every weapon can deal any damage type, it's not like EVE). so the arrows don't make sense.

Every ammo has a primary and a secondary dmg type. The primary dmg type has a much bigger impact on overall dmg then the secondary one.

Every ammo belonging to a faction always have the same primary dmg type.

Conclusion: Factions have a primary dmg type, and is different for each faction

Industrial Junkie

Hugh Ruka wrote:

afaik every weapon can deal any damage type, it's not like EVE

This is only partially true. They can all deal all damage types, but a sizable share of the damage they deal is predetermined.

As a Pelistal you use missiles and can deal 100% seismic, but not 100% kinetic or 100% thermal. A good share of of your damage will be seismic (eventually mixed in with other types).

Therefore you can be the most effective foe against Thelodica as they are weak to seismic and you can deal 100% seismic while you are strong to thermal and at least 60% of their damage will be thermal.

On the other side you should be careful against Nuimqol as you are weak to Kinetic and they can deal 100% kinetic, while they are strong to seismic and at least 47% of the damage you deal will be seismic.

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman