Topic: Fishing

Quite often you can find yourself without any pvp and fed up of mining and needing something to do. What better than fishing! 

It would be  something that is easy to get into, and is available to everyone, from solo carebears on Alpha islands to the proud fishers of Beta islands, and is something that can reward you with shiny new fishes.

Fishing could be an extension to your current industry modules. Every island could  have an ever-changing collection of fishing spots that players will be able to fish with their telescopic fishing rod modules and reap their rewards when they find them. As well as fish there could  be several types of artifacts ranging from simple salvage containers, through hidden stashes guarded by angry NPCs fish, science vessel wreckages holding calibration templates of new Mk2 robots or even alien data storages with precious intel that will get you on special fishing missions. Since this would be a very easily expandable system, it could add more fish types every now and then.

Re: Fishing

Excuse me, but I LOL'd. lol

/me imagines Arkhe with a fishing rod.

There's something in the lore about the water being electically charged; so the fish would be electric eels!

I think those eels should also be usable to power Accumulator injectors!

that game mechanic will come, in form of artifacts... but without a rod...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

*pff wow kids