1 (edited by Outlaw 2010-11-23 07:49:00)

Topic: [request] give money for training missions not a bot

you should consider changing the reward and give money because ppl who dont want to combat are stuck whit a robots that dont suit for mining, if the reward is money then ppl can buy what they want from market

TL;DR the 10th training mission should give money instead of a robot

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

Re: [request] give money for training missions not a bot

Outlaw wrote:

you should consider changing the reward and give money because ppl who dont want to combat are stuck whit a robots that dont suit for mining, if the reward is money then ppl can buy what they want from market

They get both actually, you get well over 100k NIC for finishing the tutorial, and the bots you get are not bad to start in any role. Any of the specialized bots (even combat ones) generally cost a lot more than what you get for money.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil wrote:
Outlaw wrote:

They get both actually, you get well over 100k NIC for finishing the tutorial, and the bots you get are not bad to start in any role. Any of the specialized bots (even combat ones) generally cost a lot more than what you get for money.

castel cost 400k from infinite order
argano cost 360k from infinite order

anyone that wants to mine is stuck whit a bot that dont needs and that dont help the economy because that put a influx of unwanted robots in the game

Outlaw wrote:
Zhyntil wrote:
Outlaw wrote:

castel cost 400k from infinite order
argano cost 360k from infinite order

anyone that wants to mine is stuck whit a bot that dont needs and that dont help the economy because that put a influx of unwanted robots in the game

You just restated what i said, not sure what you are adding.......I said that any of the specialized bots (COMBAT and otherwise) were worth far more than the prometheus and other "starter" bots, even people that will be running combat will not really want a prometheus (and similar), it is just as useless to them as well, the starter bot is just to get you going. These bots can mine, harvest, or do combat acceptably, although not very efficiently.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

which part about economy you dont get ?

So everyone should get half a mil at finish of tutorial to buy a better mech?
The mechs you get at the end of the tutorial is fine to get started with, my point is that those mechs are what everyone wants to get out of fairly soon, combat trained toons and industrials.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

7 (edited by Outlaw 2010-11-23 08:42:19)

Zhyntil wrote:

So everyone should get half a mil at finish of tutorial to buy a better mech?
The mechs you get at the end of the tutorial is fine to get started with, my point is that those mechs are what everyone wants to get out of fairly soon, combat trained toons and industrials.

maybe ? they buy a better robot or not that is ppl choice
also remember arkhe mk2 can fit 2 mining laser so i dont know what miner wants a castel for example

like i said earlier that simple fact will be a influx of unwanted robots and that is bad for the economy

Zhyntil wrote:

my point is that those mechs are what everyone wants to get out of fairly soon, combat trained toons and industrials.

Er, no, they are not for industrials. They don't add anything a arkhe mk2 can't already do. And to replace them with an argano or something, you need to wait for someone to renew his light combat bot, which can take some time. So basically indus players are a bit left in the dark after the tutorial.

(but I guess its only the beginning anyway, as there isn't any real indus assignments)

I agree starting indus players need some love. And a bot.

9 (edited by Demiwar 2010-11-23 16:40:00)

just run geo missions out of truhold... almost 40k every 5 minutes not including the 14k in missles as a reward, you'll have an argano in no time.

Removing the bot from the tutorial missions is horrible idea.

Allowing players to choose between a combat bot, an industrial bot, or money is a better idea.

11 (edited by Michael J Caboose 2010-11-23 19:15:04)

Outlaw wrote:

maybe ? they buy a better robot or not that is ppl choice
also remember arkhe mk2 can fit 2 mining laser so i dont know what miner wants a castel for example

like i said earlier that simple fact will be a influx of unwanted robots and that is bad for the economy

hmm, you dont know?
1. sell all the combat equip you got from that missionline - then you got your money for argano
2. aquire a decoder, reverse the combat bot - and have your first low cost production.
   - actually, to aquire the decoder of your own, you will probably have to go out in that castel wink
3. at last - recycle it, get a few comodities for your first production, or to sell on market

12 (edited by Outlaw 2010-11-24 02:21:42)

Michael J Caboose wrote:

and is bad for the economy even more because lower the actual demand increase supply and if you recycle then affect the price for all components that is used on that bots  and that will put a cap on the prices

the deal is simple when the prices go up train recycle extension to max if you can buy bots from n00bs that dont want then recycle and get some materials and by doing that there will be a cap for the price on said materials