Topic: Assault robot

What needs to be farmed in order to get CT's for this?

Re: Assault robot

To get a CT for an assault bot you can do 1 of 2 things:

Buy an assault bot on the market and RE it.  Or, you can learn how to make a prototype and build that and RE it.

Assault bot protos take a lot of NIC, titanium, and some other basic mats as well as damaged fragments.

Which NPC's in particular drop cores that allow you to research an assault prototype?

Zabulon wrote:

To get a CT for an assault bot you can do 1 of 2 things:

Buy an assault bot on the market and RE it.  Or, you can learn how to make a prototype and build that and RE it.

Assault bot protos take a lot of NIC, titanium, and some other basic mats as well as damaged fragments.

Thank you for the post! Where can I learn how to make a prototype? I thought I had to collect kernels from an assault bot, is that true?

You have to acquire and research kernels from the corresponding faction, e.g. nuimqol (1st through 5th star) kernels to research the Arbalest, for example. In beta it didn't matter what type of kernel you researched, you obtained knowledge of all bots in order of size (light, assault, mech, heavy mech). I don't know if that was changed as it was changed for the tiered equipment.

Bakers trade recipes on a knead to know basis.

I don't know.... Ive had people tell me the rookies/1st stars/servants will give you bot research. I have personally researched hundreds of kernels to no avail. Well the exception being 100% on Termis and Gargoyle, but not even 1% of any other bots.

Ulviirala wrote:

You have to acquire and research kernels from the corresponding faction, e.g. nuimqol (1st through 5th star) kernels to research the Arbalest, for example. In beta it didn't matter what type of kernel you researched, you obtained knowledge of all bots in order of size (light, assault, mech, heavy mech). I don't know if that was changed as it was changed for the tiered equipment.

Does this mean that:

light - 2nd star
assault - 3rd star
mech - 4th star
heavy meach - 5th star

??

8 (edited by Ulviirala 2010-11-23 05:45:19)

Auspex wrote:
Ulviirala wrote:

Does this mean that:

light - 2nd star
assault - 3rd star
mech - 4th star
heavy meach - 5th star

??

Ah, no. Let me try to elaborate on this a little more extensively.

NPC difficulty is determined in tiers (1 through 5) and each tier has unique names for their faction. Nuimqol drone tiers are named 1st star (weakest) through 5th star (strongest), Thelodica tiers are named Rookie, Warrior, Veteran, Elite and Supreme. Pelistal tiers are Servant, Patrician, Arbiter, Hero and Overlord. Industrial tiers are Copper, Iron, Bronze, Silver and Golden.

When researching kernels, it is partially random on what items/robots you obtain knowledge of. You will most probably start obtaining robot knowledge from Nian Trust robots (Argano, Laird, Sequer, Termis, Gargoyle, Riveler and Symbiont) that are primarily found in Syndicate kernels (named only "Drone Kernel"). After that, research any Nuimqol kernels and you might obtain knowledge of their bots in the order Yagel, Cameleon, Arbalest, Kain, Vagabond, Mesmer (I think). In addition to that, you learn their faction related items, Nuimqol kernels train, among other items, magnetic weapons, accumulator rechargers and accumulators for example, but no laser weapons or missile launchers.

Light and assault kernels also only contain knowledge about small modules, while mech and heavy mech kernels will teach you medium sized modules, unless it was changed.

Items are also tiered, with tier 1 always being the standard version of an item (e.g. Standard small armor repairer), while tier 2 through 4 have unique names. After the latest change, 1st star kernels will only train you standard items, 2nd star kernels will contain knowledge about tier 2 items, 4th star has tier 4 knowledge, while 5th star have knowledge about all tiers. See patch notes, Industry: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2010-10-29

After researching you can then finally create a prototype in a Prototype Facility on any terminal. Tier 2 through 4 items have unique "prototype" versions which are often lighter than the regular tier 2 through 4 versions and have lower fitting requirements, sometimes perform even better, too.

Standard items do not have this special prototype version.

To make this post complete, you can then put a standard item (Tier 1 item) into a Reverse Engineering facility along with a Decoder (random drop from NPC higher than "Drone" or "Thelodica/Nuimqol/Pelistal Drone") and use the resulting Calibration Template (CT) in the factory.

To make a CT from a tier 2, 3 or 4 item you need the aforementioned prototype version of the item, a regular tier 2, 3 or 4 item can not be reverse engineered. It's sort of a protection and reward for players who put effort into acquiring kernels for research.

I hope this cleared things up a little bit more. Feel free to point out any errors smile

9 (edited by dzyan 2010-11-23 09:25:49)

Ulviirala wrote:

In beta it didn't matter what type of kernel you researched, you obtained knowledge of all bots in order of size (light, assault, mech, heavy mech). I don't know if that was changed as it was changed for the tiered equipment.

Yeah, at least in CBT you could get them from "any" kernel, but now it seems that you'll need T3 or better kernels to get thelodical/pelistal/nuimqol and any tier to get Industrial.

Mahtisoturit CEO

I ate near 100 T3 thelodica kernels (light and assault) and i just get some "named" stuff
I ate some T1 thelodica mech kernels and i got standard medium stuff

Do you need to know at 100% all Nian Trust robots before having a chance to get faction spécific robots ?

11 (edited by Cid Jorgumeri 2010-11-23 12:15:54)

That could be the case.  I think I've eaten about 1500 T3 kernels, and indy bots seem to take preference in research selection.  I hit 100% on riveler before I hit any assault bots, but I could have just been unlucky.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

Benos wrote:

I ate near 100 T3 thelodica kernels (light and assault) and i just get some "named" stuff

Do you need to know at 100% all Nian Trust robots before having a chance to get faction spécific robots ?

Did you get or have any Industrial bots unlocked, because it could be that you need to get them first (not sure at all about this)? I had all the industrial bots and had burned around or at least 300 T1/T2 kernels from each faction before I started to consume those T3 kernels. At least with Thelodical, I had to consume 50-100 T3's (assault and light) before I got any knowledge to Prometheus.

Mahtisoturit CEO

dzyan wrote:

Did you get or have any Industrial bots unlocked, because it could be that you need to get them first (not sure at all about this)?

Yeah i unlocked riveler with T3 kernels. I think it was a waste of T3 kernels, you should eat T1 kernels until 100% riveler and then begin to eat T3 kernels.

dzyan wrote:
Benos wrote:

Did you get or have any Industrial bots unlocked, because it could be that you need to get them first (not sure at all about this)? I had all the industrial bots and had burned around or at least 300 T1/T2 kernels from each faction before I started to consume those T3 kernels. At least with Thelodical, I had to consume 50-100 T3's (assault and light) before I got any knowledge to Prometheus.

It could very well be that you can research lower tier items faster with higher tier kernels. I should say that I don't have any proof or experience that supports my assumption.

I've met same scenario as most described above.

I've used a lot of kernels that looks like green cubes. Sorry, I do not remember exact name. Probable low level ones. Learned all industrial robots up to heavy digging mech. Then got a message on next kernel "you've learned all, try other kernel".

After that I've focused on killing more difficult stuff and got a lot of equipment patterns and a few combat oriented robots patterns, inculding assaults.

16 (edited by Ulviirala 2010-11-23 23:06:04)

Oh, sometimes you want to research only 5 or 10 kernels at once instead of 100 at once, right-click on a stack of items and select unstack, you can make 20 stacks of 5 with just a few clicks.

20 chances to get knowledge for a specific item/robot instead of just 1 chance due to the bit of randomness =)

Seems to be a lot of chance involved. My friend got waspish and tyrannos to 100% from basically two hours of farming missile mechs, 2 star and 3 star. We farmed ICS mechs for 3 hours and he didn't get any towards arbalest and only once part of the yagel. I think it depends more on the specific mech your grinding on, if you find the right one you get it quick.

tech 1 kernels give you maximum tech 1 knowledge
tech 2 maximum tech2 ...
tech 5 give you all + bonus

the closer you are to having everything researched, that the kernel provides, the chance of learning something is getting smaller.

in short terms, that means, if you are researching tech1 kernels, you are always "near having all possible researched"

Kernel research doesnt exclude already finished knowledge from the ammount of possible results!