Topic: What happened?

Did Gargaj change the criteria for his infograph?

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj/

Re: What happened?

Yeah, it's only showing active accounts now.

Interesting, a lot less clutter.

Fewer players, or are the big corps absorbing the small ones?

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

"My transaction log shows all my NIC was from selling kernals.  All of it."
"Savin's outrage tears are the best tears." - Anonymous ***

I think about 30% players vanished off the graph, if not more.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

If it's not blindingly obvious already a lot of accounts didn't resubscribe from the smaller corporations and those left on their own are either going to be absorbed or die off.

This game has no penalty for blobbing until interference and still there is no penalty for all working together. There is enough for everyone. There is no reason to fight and it's starting to show that given no reason other then blood lust there are very few people who like fighting.

Shame really but hopefully that will change if they ever get around to giving us something worth defending against. Even then it's pretty clear who the top three or four groups will be while the others shiver in the bleak and cold alpha islands.

The Game

As there is 3 beta islands, if the 3 biggest corps control one island each, I see that the situation is pretty blocked.

The lesser corps could ally together to try to do something... but that would be just a bigger blob against the behemoths already in place.

We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing. - Rose
-----
It has the worst community I have ever seen. Even worse than almighty Barrens chat. - gordiflu

from my corp 46 people vanished...(G-R-I...R.I.P)

Lheomuh wrote:

from my corp 46 people vanished...(G-R-I...R.I.P)

Currently it's best to join one of the larger alliances to best enjoy the game. There is no real reason for any conflict at the moment.

Minerals need to be sorted out first and I have no idea when that will happen. Needs to be soon though.

Once the rebalance is done there will be more reason to leave the larger alliances and try to go it alone. The biggest issue so far is lack of content once you reach your personal goals.

Honestly I know how you feel. I've even started playing Minecraft now. It's the beginning of the end of the beginning.

The Game

DEV Zoom wrote:

When you say active accounts, presumably you mean ones currently subscribed?

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Campana wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

When you say active accounts, presumably you mean ones currently subscribed?

Has to be, I think there is no other way they could get the data. How can they show inactive active accounts?

RIP PERPETUUM

some may have already paid for a whole year, because of the discount, but havent logged in for more then 4 weeks - i would call such an account "inactive"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

12 (edited by Campana 2011-02-21 17:23:33)

That was what I was thinking. I was wondering if I could use the corporation infographics to work out actual active corp numbers for the sticky in the corp dialogues section. I suspect it's subscribed accounts, though, and we have quite a few in our corp that aren't active so the number would be inaccurate. And it's probably the same for other corps.

Bernard Suits, 1978

Campana - all we need is the ingame interface to build official alliances.
and if its only for the name and standing setting -> Gargaj could then enhance his infograph with the data from that.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I was looking more for actual numbers. Everyone goes on about 900, 500, 300-strong alliances but that's actually a fallacy because it includes inactives (both inactive-but-subscribed and unsubscribed). I was interested in getting something a bit more accurate. I'm just not sure how to account for the inactive-but-subscribed though.

Bernard Suits, 1978

The circle for CS seems to be somewhat accurate, there are 71 members but most have not logged in for over 30 days. It would be nice to have an actual number in the circle though instead of trying to guess by size.