Topic: CTs, targeting, and account

It would be nice to be able to switch CTs in a factory without them degrading.

Would it be possible to have a single target be the primary automatically or have the next target in the list become primary without having to double click it or hit r each time you eliminate your current primary.

I would really like to reset my account again, granted my first reset was used unwisely and that is my own fault.  I would even settle for being able to erase my account and start over rather then set up another email address and make a different account.  I don't believe the current set up is very friendly to players that wish to try different aspects of the game with a little depth before settling on what they would like to concentrate on.  With the EP system being account based, characters costing EP to delete, and only one reset available mistakes in creation or advancement are harshly unforgiving.

2 (edited by Annihilator 2011-01-25 20:41:25)

Re: CTs, targeting, and account

It would be nice to be able to switch CTs in a factory without them degrading.

get more lines or skill the extraction extension.

Would it be possible to have a single target be the primary automatically or have the next target in the list become primary without having to double click it or hit r each time you eliminate your current primary.

its part of the game. some say its to make botting harder (which it doesn't do at all) and others apreciate that they dont auto-attack their accidentally locked squadmate (or sometimes there is a reason you have locked him).

I would really like to reset my account again, granted my first reset was used unwisely and that is my own fault.  I would even settle for being able to erase my account and start over rather then set up another email address and make a different account.  I don't believe the current set up is very friendly to players that wish to try different aspects of the game with a little depth before settling on what they would like to concentrate on.  With the EP system being account based, characters costing EP to delete, and only one reset available mistakes in creation or advancement are harshly unforgiving.

having countless guides, a very detailed ingame help, different warnings and the advice of the help-channel members... no, one reset is enough. Sometimes i belive the devs should put a minimum time limit on that reset too...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I will look at the extentions again thank you, musta missed that one.

Not part of the game, really? Thats why I posted it in the features suggestion thread.  I don't want it to fire the weapons or make an attachment active I just want the little green box to go to the next available target.

Personally, at least, I rarely read the entire strategy guide before I play a game.  In every game until now I learn by creating a character and jumping in and doing.  That has served me well in every game until now.  Why is starting over such a big deal.  You can tell a person how to play a game all you want, but until they play it themselves they aren't going to know whether they like it or not.  Where's the fun in discovery here?  Why the harsh penalty? Not every player will come from EVE and have a pretty comprehensive idea of how things are going to work already.  If the goal is to have only hard core players then this is probably a good strategy if not then things could probably be reworked a little to fit a more hands on learning approach that allows a person to correct more then one mistake.  Within the first 30 days at least.

Annihilator wrote:

no, one reset is enough. Sometimes i belive the devs should put a minimum time limit on that reset too...

Wrong. One reset is NOT enough as it doesnt give a new player the ability to try different builds out.  All it does is let you try one build then either correct it or try another and be stuck with it.  If you want to try different builds you need to multi account.

Its really naive to think every new player will read the forums. They dont. Or that even if you do read them you can try a build out just by researching it.  If I specced lasers, reset to fix some noob ep distribution, then want to try a missile build I cant now unless I buy another account.

5 (edited by Annihilator 2011-01-26 20:00:26)

with the starting ep you get you can spec all weapons at once - try everything out as you wish

noone hinders you to just try everything out on that one single agent.

The difference between the starting extensions for pure combat accounts is so small.
i once did the math, and it was half a day to spec from laser to em - and 2 days from turret to missile.
All agents also start with the basic mining extension so you can "try out" mining too.

I suspect the game to end with a seperated agent training tutorial for noobs to test out everything before they get the real deal... anything but a respec option.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Anything but a respec, but why? Why is a respec to allow a person to create their perfect character such a problem.  Within the first 30 days or perhaps 45 as I remember something about your spark being able to be changed in 45 days.  I have yet to read an actual reason for not allowing respecs other then "Don't do it"  If there is a post somewhere in the forums that gives a good reason please point it out.

Rasfrasen wrote:

tab->r
It literally takes a fraction of second. Go into a low level spawn and practice it. While you are killing mark 1, "f" target your next 3, then tab 'r' to cycle through them. Very efficient.

It's also nice to get in the habit of only using tab, 'r', and 'f' because then it makes targeting from he landmark info tab more natural.

Also, I STRONGLY suggest remapping your untarget key from "u". I moved mine to "x", so I can actually hit it in battle. I think this would make a better default than "u", too.

I can understand the issue with resets but there has to be a limit on what can be reset, when and why.
Currently you have to delete everything to reset an account and the current system will even refund you time spent not subscribed to the game (Or so it seems) which is a tab game breaking if left in as a future feature without updating it.

If you want to try using an magnosatic weapon it's less than 4 hours EP to go from any weapon to any other weapon and be able to see how it handles and if you like it. It is also more likely cheaper. Use your 20k EP at the start to try everything, reset your account and make what you wanted. 2 months down the line you'll be cross training and 6 months you'd be able to use any robot with almost any equipment.

The Game