Topic: Never suffered lag or rubber banding, until yesterday

I had a usual ping of about 360ms to 700ms. I have been playing for a few weeks now and i never suffered that much lag or rubber banding. Until yesterday, no my ping is from N/A to 2000ms with some serious rubber banding, it is making it impossible to even engage in combat. This hasnt been a problem and only started yesterday, has something been done on the server or possibly does it require a restart. I am at a loss as to what is causing this all of a sudden.

Re: Never suffered lag or rubber banding, until yesterday

Not sure mate ... I am currently away from my normal setup and using a sat setup for work and as far as I can tell for this connection here (the sat one) is running at the normal 900ms ... even that high I can still manage to (with care) do bounty missions ...

Also checked in with some of the corpies online and everything is fine for them too ??

Have you installed any new internet based software lately? Change AV software or anything?

3 (edited by Kane Shafter 2011-01-23 08:51:12)

No nothing has changed, but I just found out they did an update to fix this sort of thing for U/S clients yesterday, I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Not sure mate ...

I mean maybe even none game related, check your sys for maleware etc etc even with a super conscious web surfing mentality those nasty can slip through and could impact on connections ... then again it might just be the update LOL

Sometimes I worry myself big_smile

I am having the same issues you described, although my ping is around 150-170ms.  The rubberbanding started a day or two ago, like you said.

same problem here, started about 1~2 days ago. Its like taking 5 steps forward then 2 steps back, 5 steps forward then 2 steps back, and so on.........my lag is usually at about 380~400ms but now it goes from 400~3000ms and at times N/A

played for just a bit yesterday with no problem

today the game is unplayable where any movement is involved

Is there a Dev around somewhere who wants/can jump into this discussion? I have been playing for nearly a month now with pings round 350 with no problems. A couple of days ago I started rubber banding. Not as bad as some but annoying all the same. Pings went up to 380- 600 with the odd spike into the n/a range.

I think it is in the Devs own interest to do something about this before players in the southern hemisphere get jack of it and go to Pirates of the burning sea or somewhere yarr:(

Same thing has been happening to me the last few days.

I've been reduced to pulling out the Argano and mining for my Perpetuum fix neutral

Help in this thread so they can get to the problem:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ince-0122/

Also for Aussies out there there is this thread:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … m-hungary/

Now I initially tried it when the thread came out, but wasnt very impressed - didnt see noticeable changes. However since the recent issues, I switched it back on, and honestly, I havnt had one problem with lag. Been moving about fine, no rubber banding.

Although, I dont use this VPN for anything other than perp, I dont like the fact that the people who run it know what Im looking at on the interwebz.

Give it a go, would be good to see if it works for other East coast Aussies. Also if you are west coast can you let me know the results, also Kiwis too.