Topic: Where is the PVE Love?

When will we see new Pve isles with mechs and heavy mechs?

Re: Where is the PVE Love?

Plenty of these on beta.

This is a Sandbox game. PVE is everywhere but they're not going to have time or money to make PVE content. PvP is the made aspect of the game be it the market, territory or players.

The Game

This game will not survive with ONLY the few pvp fans...
we NEED MORE PVE content!!

If they put mechs and heavy mechs on alpha islands then that would greatly reduce the incentive for people to go to Beta. They are part of the reward for risking your stuff.

Lheomuh wrote:

There will be more PvE content in the future of course but for the time being there is enough PvE content in the game (Thought not enough to solely keep someone happy) to last a little while. New NPC spawns, treasure hunting (Or some other silly feature) or dynamic missions are all that's really needed.

And you say this game won't survive with PvP Fans but I disagree. This isn't a multi-million investment game. It's a small tight group. It requires a lot less income and the sandbox PvP open world fans will be more than happy with it. The game requires more incentive and I am sure in the future they'll find a way to add more challenging NPC's without just putting them on a small island where you're easily found.

Stealth with make it much easier to enter a unsafe island undetected. Complex PvE content will come at some point but don't expect it to be anywhere near soloable. This is a team game and a PVP game.

The Game

Lheomuh wrote:

Exactly. PvP only games have rather limited appeal in the modern world(especially in the western markets).  Mixing PvE and PvP(forced PvP) is also a bad idea, and leads to a very limited player base.  There is currently plenty of PvE on the Alphas. But thats going to wear out over the next few months.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Wraithbane wrote:
Lheomuh wrote:

Exactly. PvP only games have rather limited appeal in the modern world(especially in the western markets).  Mixing PvE and PvP(forced PvP) is also a bad idea, and leads to a very limited player base.  There is currently plenty of PvE on the Alphas. But thats going to wear out over the next few months.

agreed. GIve it time, I can imagine the possibility of new islands opening up and putting some more dynamic pve missions involved.

Wraithbane wrote:

PvP only games have rather limited appeal in the modern world(especially in the western markets).  Mixing PvE and PvP(forced PvP) is also a bad idea, and leads to a very limited player base.  There is currently plenty of PvE on the Alphas. But thats going to wear out over the next few months.

I think it's more than a question of content, and really a balance issue.

At the moment, all of the balance lies with PvPers: a PvPer can harvest, manufacture, and transport with a minimum investment of EP, but the same doesn't apply to PvE players- a substantial investment is required to be able to farm high-level kernels, or compete against other players.

There's nothing wrong with such a dependence, but why not make it two-sided? Why not give industrialists and miners access to certain resources and tech that the PvPers would want? In other words, reward PvE players for their investment in the same way that PvPers get rewards for theirs.

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

"My transaction log shows all my NIC was from selling kernals.  All of it."
"Savin's outrage tears are the best tears." - Anonymous ***

Lheomuh wrote:

Mixing PvE and PvP(forced PvP) is also a bad idea, and leads to a very limited player base.

if u think that u wrong here.....
back to wo_w or wait for ri_ft.....

risc vs reward

and sandbox empirebuilding

that is the wood dev carved the PO game from

the PO world will grow and i stong hope that alpha sheep islands dont grow.....

as a little place to learn the basics its big enought

and all  PVE love the game need is at the same time PVP love because it will attract people to beta gamma delta islands

PvE and PvP are directly linked in a sandbox and u cant have high end PvE without the risc of PvP

PvE spawns are just another resource u need to protect and controll with ur PvP forces

thats the way how sandbox games work

<<< REAL POWER CAN NOT BE GIVEN, IT MUST BE TAKEN >>>

Kyr - Perpetuum Online
Helios Norlund - Darkfall Online

There are two topics in general discussion:

PvE vs. PvP
and
PvE content discussion

please use those and stay on topic there.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.