Topic: Passwords for folders

Please can you allow passwords for folders in the corp hanger.

K thnks bye!

o/

Re: Passwords for folders

no need , you can set priority level on corp containers and members.

Cestus wrote:

no need , you can set priority level on corp containers and members.

dear member of a 8 agent corp... try to manage a corporation with 50+ Members with only 4 access levels. Sooner or later you will see why that is a valid request.

Hmm, I must admit I can't see a use for it but I can see a use for 5 levels instead of 4. I guess it's the same thing.

The Game

5 (edited by auster 2010-11-22 13:29:31)

Having a password for a corp container would enable you to give each member access for a private corp container. This would help those who have more than one agent with one account.

10 members or 200 members, imho, is just a matter of how you are organized.

I can see where a password would come in handy, you could have a can at level 1 that just one person or a squad could access without letting all the other 1's in. Not sure how important that should be on the to-do list though.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil wrote:

I can see where a password would come in handy, you could have a can at level 1 that just one person or a squad could access without letting all the other 1's in. Not sure how important that should be on the to-do list though.

Just seems real easy to do and would completely protect you from corp theft.

Basically you could give everyone in corp a password enabled folder and distribute what they need through that. Each level of corp hanger would contain sundries so perhaps you'd put the agents free bots or mechs in their folder and keep fittings in shared folders at that level. Currently you only really have four levels of access which for decent sized corps is just deadly.

passwords for folders - good idea!

10 (edited by Ulviirala 2010-11-23 06:32:11)

If I was in a leadership role and had to worry about this, I'd rather have a more flexible, selective way isntead of accumulative security levels to organize access privileges.

Meaning that anyone with level 4 can access levels 3, 2 and 1 isn't what I would consider the most useful utility of organizing access privileges. Passwords for folders might only treat symptoms but not the cause, it could be an intermediate, short-term substitution though.

Bakers trade recipes on a knead to know basis.

Have 'invisible' containers inside a storage that is designated as level 1-4.  When the storage manager (or one with certain rights) puts items into each of these containers, they appear to be in the same container for everyone else.  This keeps everything into 1 main folder, but can filter out higher level items for those without access.  Level 1's would only see level 1 folder contents, but level 3 would see 1-3 all in that 1 folder.

Heres a quick illustration:

Storage:  Robots
[level 1 folder]Light bots
[level 2 folder]Assaults
[level 3 folder]Mechs
[level 4 folder]Heavy Mechs

Players accessing the folder:

Level 1 member:  sees only light bots in the storage

Level 2 member:  sees light and assault bots in the storage

etc, etc.

This hides the organization of the level designations, and keeps people from having to sift through different levels of storage just to find 1 item, because they dont know which level its in.  Everything could be held in the same storage regardless of access level, and it would be filtered out automatically.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

I like all these ideas I just want something now rather than in six months and figure pw folders to be low hanging fruit lol

A more rational long-term solution would be to have a real permissions system, with user groups.

Do you really think storing, pulling up, managing who knows, and changing a whole list of separate passwords, potentially in separate terminals,x` manually is less of a logistical nightmare than having 3 different useful access levels in 4 different categories?...  I've seen clans of well over 100, without alts managed well enough with only a single level to set read/write permissions on.

If they're are added, add them to storages themselves.  The game could use some money-sinks, and it isn't unreasonable to have to pay for privacy.  There's also already a management screen to fit it in on.

EP Ian wrote:

If they're are added, add them to storages themselves.  The game could use some money-sinks, and it isn't unreasonable to have to pay for privacy.  There's also already a management screen to fit it in on.

More than happy with this.