Topic: corp vs corp on alpha islands

We gonna be able to have wars on the alpha islands? Id like to shoot people im at war with anywhere I go sad

Re: corp vs corp on alpha islands

Feel free to flag up on alpha, I'm sure you will find takers.

Unrestrained war-decs at this early stage of the game is probably not the best idea in terms of attracting fresh players to the game. New formed corps could be prey to unscrupulous merc outfits and assorted riff-raff.

War-decs between outpost owning corps on the other hand would be a welcome development. It may encourage some corps' members to spend more time on Beta.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

Heckle wrote:

Feel free to flag up on alpha, I'm sure you will find takers.

Unrestrained war-decs at this early stage of the game is probably not the best idea in terms of attracting fresh players to the game. New formed corps could be prey to unscrupulous merc outfits and assorted riff-raff.

War-decs between outpost owning corps on the other hand would be a welcome development. It may encourage some corps' members to spend more time on Beta.

very true, my hopes is they do this but perhaps open up one or two more islands, spread it out a little bit or at least at more outpost, yes it is OB and it will take time, no rush, just curiousity, as well to get community insite on what people think.

Whats OB mean?

Open Beta (I dont think ECorp realise its gone live now though).

If I remember correctly, I asked ingame if there was ever going to be some kind of War-Deccing so corp. vs. corp. pvp could occur on the alphas, and I believe the response from a Dev (albeit short) was that yes, they would indeed eventually add such functionality.

So heres fingers crossed! And I'm hoping it won't have to be a mutual affair as that really does remove the point.

If the war was a mutual agreement I don't see why we couldn't introduce this feature even right now. The war would start after both sides agrees and last until one withdraws +24h.

we could line up with muskets and offer up conversation before the battle too. roll

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

I dont think people understand that even if you COULD openly attack an enemy corp on Alpha islands, you would still have to flag yourself to PvP, which would open it up for ANYONE to attack you back, which could mean just randoms that hate your particular corp or friends of the corp you are attacking.  It wouldnt be this safety-for-all fight where you could just gank the other corp members without any consequences.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

I dont think people understand that even if you COULD openly attack an enemy corp on Alpha islands, you would still have to flag yourself to PvP, which would open it up for ANYONE to attack you back, which could mean just randoms that hate your particular corp or friends of the corp you are attacking.  It wouldnt be this safety-for-all fight where you could just gank the other corp members without any consequences.

well that was def a question I had if implemented...that would seem like suicide in the right place. If it was just flagged corp vs corp that be alright, im sure they will come up with something.

I would think what the OP was looking for was something like stEVE's war-decs, which would be fine in theory, but as is already mentioned even if you could balance it, it would simply screw the game right now.

That being said, down the road it's not a bad idea, but I think it needs an actual alliance system in place first, and would personally find it quite interested to see a "alliance standing override" to the alpha island safety system, with the teleporter and station safe zones that used to be on beta islands.

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

A wardec system would be a great idea but the world I feel is too small for that and will result in players dropping all of their logistic characters into NPC corps.

More islands need to be available and you would need to have a reason for people to not run into npc corps once a wardec starts.

If a wardec locks a person in a corp then you have to deal with players not joining player copropations in the first place to bypass the threat of pvp.

13 (edited by Other 2011-01-26 02:05:04)

Other wrote:

Alpha Island corporate war declarations could be doable too if there were severe sanctions imposed on the aggressor if the war isn't declared mutual.

Things such as:

1.  EP accumulation is paused until the declaration is lifted for all members of the aggressing corp.
2.  Other corps may declare war on the aggressor free of charge.
3.  Progressively expensive bribery fees compounded daily (to have the "guards" turn their heads to secured area combat)
4.  No aggressive acts within 2000m of a station (but not outposts) without guard intervention.
5.  Economic sanctions.  Agressing corp pays higher fees on all transactions, including the market value of player to player trades during the war.
6.  Wars must be renewed daily.
7.  Two week cooldown period before bribery fees fall and two day cooldown on other corps being able to wardec the aggressors free of charge.

This would be a way of dislodging a competitor from an area in a competition for resources but, it would have to be worth the cost to do it.

It would also make greifer corporations extremely expensive to sustain.  Going back to Eve Highsec experiences, some PVE corps end up getting war decced for weeks on end making it so that some pure pve players can barely even undock unless they quit their corp.  That's game breaking for a lot of PVEers.

Some of my thougts on it from a different thread.  I think corp vs corp is a good idea as long as you can keep the greifers from breaking the pve corp experience.  Something to keep the "HERP DERP... CAREBEARS... HERP DERP" to a minimum.

what is the pve corp experience?

Dont do a weed wrote:

what is the pve corp experience?

hmm

a straight forward answer would be dandy rather than implying something through a emoticon

17 (edited by Other 2011-01-26 03:22:20)

Dont do a weed wrote:

a straight forward answer would be dandy rather than implying something through a emoticon

Was assuming you were trolling as the majority of the population in games like this generally stick to the pve side or have played enough to understand that not everybody is nothing but pvp. I'll go ahead and assume that you're new to sandbox type MMOs.

That would be corporations that are all industrialists or combat pve.  They don't engage in pvp by choice.

A big problem in Eve for this type of corp is the amount of greifer corps that constantly keep them war decced so that the pve corps end up falling apart because the members have a choice of getting ganked immediately upon undocking or quitting the corp.

Fun for the greifer, game breaking for the pure pve people.

Game mechanics to force moderation would be reasonable for both sides.

Compete with other players for kernels
Compete with other players for buy/sale orders
Compete with other players for resources

unless you are driving around in arkhes exclusively and just go sight seeing everything the PvE experience entails still involves competition with other players although through an indirect method.

This results in players ultimately interacting with PvP corporations and funding their various war machines which enables them to PvP.

Ultimately everything the PvE experience is pvp by choice because you are still competing in beating a player to a spawn, a resource, or a sale so granting pve players an immunity because they are not direct combat characters dosen't make a lot of sense to me since they have their way of beating some one and pvpers have their own way of beating someone.

I'm talking about pvp as in blowing other people's stuff up.   Even though i'm generally an industrialist i have no problem with it.  I think it's good for the game as i'm not going to sell much if nothing gets broken.

It sucks getting blown up
It sucks finding a spawn fully camped
It sucks being undercut constantly

Idea:

1. A war declaration must be by mutual agreement, but so must a peace treaty, once a war is declared.

2. You must attempt to declare war to challenge for an outpost (intrusion). If you own an outpost and do not want a war declared against the challenger, you must abandon your outpost w/o a fight. (abdication)

2. War dec fighting on alphas does not engage the general pvp flag.

Is there any scenario that this would not cover?

PvP corps who hold outposts would be forced into declaring war against each other, but could not declare war arbitrarily against indy corps.

Fighting between corps with declared wars on alphas would not activate general PvP flag, so It would not allow for bottom feeders to take free shots at victors of close battles.

Why are industrial corps immune?

How do you handle npc corp alts that fund the corp you are at war with?

How do you shut down npc supply lines to a corp you are at war with?

Dont do a weed wrote:

Why are industrial corps immune?

How do you handle npc corp alts that fund the corp you are at war with?

How do you shut down npc supply lines to a corp you are at war with?

Indy corps are immune because if anyone can declare an aggressive, unilateral war at any time, then it will not work.  PvP griefer corps would just declare war on every corp name they could find and troll alpha all day.  It would be the end of alpha islands, in short.

But keep in mind that's only on alpha.  Same with NPC corps that people start in.  If people want to eek out a living with alpha rewards and try to support a PvP alt with that there is nothing anyone can do except completely get rid of alpha islands.

That said, you shut down supply lines by not letting them carry stuff onto beta islands. Same as now. 

There are other ways it would change the dynamic, though... Do you think No Hope would allow pretty much anyone to join if the outpost holders were forced into wars, and therefore taking a majority of the risk?

If nothing else, protection prices would go up sharply, as PvP corps "at war" and actually protecting an island would have to start collecting more, as they would always be at risk, and would have to begin evicting those who did not pay their share.

24 (edited by Rob Anybody 2011-01-26 09:11:28)

To put it another way, there is nothing right now keeping an outpost owning beta corp from farming alpha instead of beta (or having alts to farm alpha, same difference)... But if they did that, what would be the point of being a beta corp?

Also, it might help if outpost rewards increased.

So your cover all scenario plan doesn't work.

I declare war, their haulers drop corp they continue business as usual I can still shoot them if they go to the betas but I have always been able to shoot them if they go to the betas.

Industrial corps being immune to war declarations is odd considering that once again other players must compete against them for resource spawns, buy orders, sell orders, and npc spawns. These are all valuable commodities that cost players money

Robots are also a commodity that cost players money why are they immune for over specializing and allowing a massive weakness to grow within their corporate structure.

Specialized Combat players can not build
Specialized Industrial players can not shoot

If anything a pure industrial corp being wardecced should be a warning for overspecializing just as a combat corp with no industrial support is at the mercy of a market that will not always have top tier technology available to them that gives them the necessary edge.