Topic: Disconnections

Anyone knows why i'm being disconnected from time to time? and why i can't log back in although it says server online. these issues occured last night around midnight (GMT+2) and now 9AM (GMT+2) same

2 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-17 08:25:39)

Re: Disconnections

I get this randomly. It's as if the server just doesn't connect any more yet once I traceroute I can get to the server.

I assume there is an issue with the servers netcode that for some reason just starts ignoring certain connections at random times. Else it's a routing issue that stops/modifies the packets of data in such a way that the server can't make head nor tail of it.

You're not alone however. Randomly people will crash/disconnect and won't be able to come back in for about 20 minutes if not longer. The client (And the website sometimes) just act like they're not there any more.

It's a serious issue but last time they fiddled with the server bad things happened!

The Game

well, it's good (for me) to know it's somehow general, maybe they'll think of improving the connection / packets management / etc. tks for clearing that a bit m8.

I've seen this as well. It would appear that something was going on this evening(US MST) as people were being dropped out rather often. I was out in NV(in Cal out post) and was dropped. The server wouldn't connect for a couple of minutes after that.  I checked my connection and it was working.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Same thing is happening in US CST.    Actually, i can't stay connected at all right now...

ok... this is really annoying. every night around 1 past midnight (GMT+2 - Romania, Bucharest) i keep getting disconnected... constantly around this hour every night in the last 3 days. what's going on? any official answers?

No serious issues in SE US, could be an issue with routing to western US.

Never encountered lag or disconnects or inability to re-connect in EU. Most likely this is connected to the packet-loss thingy happening in some regions.

Packet loss is a crucial problem to encrypted traffic since larger chunks of data have to be resubmitted - or even reprocessed depending on the implementation.

The PO system is very secure and sophisticated - in fact the best i've seen out there - so possibly it could have problems where other - more insecure traffic systems conpensate data-loss in a more efficient way over non-optimized networks.

The constant traffic an MMO requires differs greatly to the traffic some dedicated secure transactions require - thats why these normal secure connections might not be affected in a that obvious way.

But this is just a guess on the whole issue since i havent really re-calculated the possible overhead related to possible data loss and the resulting delay and its consequences to the client/server requirements.

But it's for sure that secured traffic will cause more issues to responsive game/client structures over flawy networks then insecure traffic.

One of the hungarian routers a few hops before the server was dropping 20% of packets last night which made the game unplayable for me for a few hours.  The trouble is that the servers need to be located on a proper  backbone not on a hungarian isp backwater.  Until they get moved this game will always have its flaky moments which is a shame as the game itself is very stable.