1 (edited by Container 2011-01-11 04:46:24)

Topic: PERP101: Character Creation and EP Plan for Military Characters

I get a lot of questions from newcomers on how to spec their characters right.
So here is a short guide to help people avoid EP mistakes at the start.
For military characters:

CHARACTER CREATION: CHOOSE ALL MILITARY
Select
Megacorp: Choose TM for green/Missiles, ICS for blue/Magnetics, ASINTEC for yellow/lasers
School: Military (LEFTMOST) Ponter-Lassax/Gnossman/Mil Res HQ, Beijing
Speciality: Military (LEFTMOST) Master of Field Ops/Gen Military Trg/Warfare Tech Expert
Corp: Military (LEFTMOST) UASD/DFD/Matsuda
Spark: UBENOR

BEST PLACES TO SPEND YOUR FIRST EP:
SPEED: Navigation 7 (ALWAYS useful)
ACCUMULATOR: Energy management 5 (ALWAYS useful)
LOCKING SPEED: Accelerated target locking 5 (ALWAYS useful)
LOCKING RANGE: Long range targeting 5 (ALWAYS useful)
WEAPON RANGE:  Sharpshooting 5 if you use guns/Propellant mixing 5 if you use missiles

TO GET INTO AN ASSAULT ROBOT:
Basic Robotics 4 + Nuimqol(blue)/Pelistal(green)/Thelodica(yellow) Robot Control 4

BEYOND:
For EP planning use http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … m-planner/.
Do PM me in-game or on forums if you have questions.

There's a lot more to it, but this start should help you overcome the preliminary skill limitations quickly.

Re: PERP101: Character Creation and EP Plan for Military Characters

This is good advice, but if you don't want to spend that much immediately, Basic Robotics 4 is the extension to get first / safest choice. Almost everyone who does any driving around in the world will want that much.

Artem Blue wrote:

This is good advice, but if you don't want to spend that much immediately, Basic Robotics 4 is the extension to get first / safest choice. Almost everyone who does any driving around in the world will want that much.

Agree.  Basic Robotics 4 should be trained early yes.
It will give you 5% racial weapon damage type according to the bonuses of light bots.

Unless the player wants to use autocannons instead of racial weapons at the start, in which case Basic Robotics will not be useful as autocannons get no bot bonuses.

Chances are the player will have also have to train some prerequisites for racial weapons and also for CPU(Data Processing) and Reactor(Reactor Expansion) for fitting.

Don't get any energy management if your going missiles.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Snowstyle wrote:

Don't get any energy management if your going missiles.

disagree - accumulator 5 and energy management 5 are basic for every build.

missilie bots are so damn slow and low on hitpoints - > beeing able to permarun a t1 repair at repair extension 5+ and still beeing able to "tank" neuting and draining ewarbot is the best advantage as missile bot driver.

the extension % of energy management is summed up with the robot bonus, not multiplied like a recharger mod.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I run 2 sensor amps with a t4 repper, kinetic plate and weapons firing and I still don't run out of cap with 0 points in energy management or accumulator expansion. This is with a tyrannos but putting points into assault only extensions right now is a mistake. Assaults suck.

You pay real money for TIME, and the thing which sucks 90% of your TIME (money) in PO is travelling.

No matter what you do in PO traveling is the activity which everyone does most of the time, and therefore its the biggest drain and bottle neck in everything you do from now and forever.

forget all the other skills in your list, Navigation 10 is the most important and usefull skill everyone should take.  Especially for combat and especially for pvp where every KPH can mean the difference between life and death.

Snowstyle wrote:

I run 2 sensor amps with a t4 repper, kinetic plate and weapons firing and I still don't run out of cap with 0 points in energy management or accumulator expansion. This is with a tyrannos but putting points into assault only extensions right now is a mistake. Assaults suck.

a t4 medium armor repair? permanent?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:

a t4 medium armor repair? permanent?

Not medium no, I run a small permanently, the speed boost and more cap efficient repping is more important then the faster health per second.