Topic: Earthrise

Anyone else checking this out?  GG will have a contingent there(hopefully not all our PO players or Tiggus smash things).  It's a sandbox sci-fi MMO, one world, aiming is soft targetted reticule aiming(not tab), FFA PvP with item drops and such.

http://www.play-earthrise.com if you're interested, launched Feb 4th and a lot of closed beta invites going out this week.

Re: Earthrise

I hope they come to their senses and don't release the game in it's current state.

The game looks awesome and sounds awesome and that's sadly where it ends currently.

Yet another game that should be amazing on every level and misses a few marks. Granted a lot of the issues can be overlooked as it's still fun. The expensive initial investment request however has put me off.

The Game

Seridur wrote:

I hope they come to their senses and don't release the game in it's current state.

That bad?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

looks like tabula rasa only worse...

wow, siddy had the same thought as me...

i have to wash my brain now.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I liked Tabula Rasa back in the day. It had some interesting concepts for an MMORPG.

I too was an avid fan of Tabula Rasa back in the day. Sadly from what I've seen in videos, it seems like a (Tabula Rasa, WoW, Eve) mix. Not very interested in the combat, as I don't care for the click on target bit. But the sci-fi setting is always refreshing. I however won't be playing till they have a trial or the cost of the game plummets, or god-forbid, perpetuum somehow goes bad.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

Blackomen wrote:

I too was an avid fan of Tabula Rasa back in the day. Sadly from what I've seen in videos, it seems like a (Tabula Rasa, WoW, Eve) mix. Not very interested in the combat, as I don't care for the click on target bit. But the sci-fi setting is always refreshing. I however won't be playing till they have a trial or the cost of the game plummets, or god-forbid, perpetuum somehow goes bad.

Heresy!

I was looking into that game.

Then I found Perpetuum.

i watched the gameplay trailer, and stopped thinking about it when i saw those two guys, 2m between them, and shooting with rifles at each other, but not moving...

last thing i want, is a game again that looks like a FPS shooter, but has dice-roll combat system.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I smell another Mortal Online fail launch here.

Mortal online's launch was more than fail, I couldn't even play the game for more than 2 minutes without a crash! I've never seen something more buggy in my life.

Firefall is where it's at. cool

The Game