1 (edited by Gremrod 2011-01-07 21:49:06)

Topic: Faction Part 3. Nuimqol - ICS

http://gremrod.wordpress.com/2011/01/07 … imqol-ics/

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Faction Part 3. Nuimqol - ICS

1. AFAIK all turrets have the same LoS mechanic -
so this statement:

They have the second worst Line-of-Sight (LOS) in game,...

makes no sense

2. for all three factions, you should mention their "color", which is the first most player can memorize (greens = missile, blue = EM, yellow/red = laser), or use that colors somewhere in your text.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Gremrod 2011-01-07 22:31:52)

Annihilator wrote:

1. AFAIK all turrets have the same LoS mechanic -
so this statement:

They have the second worst Line-of-Sight (LOS) in game,...

makes no sense

2. for all three factions, you should mention their "color", which is the first most player can memorize (greens = missile, blue = EM, yellow/red = laser), or use that colors somewhere in your text.

The color suggestion is good, thanks. I have seen lasers eat the ground a lot more then mags.

But I can say I have never done a true test to see. But my guess is lasers LOS seems worse then mags.

Someone give me the proof and I will change that statement. Just calling how I see it.

Lasers are just longer range and are more prone to LOS issues.  Its all in your head, Gremrod, but sadly not much else is.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

more prone to LOS issues.

My point exactly.

Corrected the LOS statement you guys have corrected me on.

Now says: They can have Line-of-Sight (LOS) issues in game

but after all, great job grem...

Mars Volta wrote:

but after all, great job grem...

Thanks Mars. smile

yeah, nice summary.

just noticed - thelodica are fastest? isn't the intakt the only exception for the overall slow laser bots?
all blue bots have higher base speed, the kain is the fastest mech ingame, and even arbalest and mesmer are usually faster then their counterparts when fully equipped.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

yes, you are correct. I got that switched around. smile Corrected.

Gremrod wrote:

Ammo can put +/- affects on range.

Please show me the slugs, that increase optimal range smile I wanna buy some of those.

devast wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Please show me the slugs, that increase optimal range smile I wanna buy some of those.

Thanks, corrected it to say only -

devast wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Why the f*ck would you want to do that?

->You just lost The Game<-

You might want to cover resists also.

ICS Bots main weakness is thermal, which generally means that the bots who are most dangerous to you are the thermal firing lazer weapons of the asintec kind.

given that lazer's are also the lightest weapons in the game, hooked up to the fastest bot in the game, the intakt becomes the most favourd bot in the game for pvp right now.

Damage type and speed really does mould the very nature of pvp.

Accumulator consumption doesnt really come into play and become a major issue until you hit the 'mech' sized bots where the tables get reversed since the slots are available to compensate for resistances.

15 (edited by Gremrod 2011-01-10 21:05:38)

Sade wrote:

You might want to cover resists also.

ICS Bots main weakness is thermal, which generally means that the bots who are most dangerous to you are the thermal firing lazer weapons of the asintec kind.

given that lazer's are also the lightest weapons in the game, hooked up to the fastest bot in the game, the intakt becomes the most favourd bot in the game for pvp right now.

Damage type and speed really does mould the very nature of pvp.

Accumulator consumption doesnt really come into play and become a major issue until you hit the 'mech' sized bots where the tables get reversed since the slots are available to compensate for resistances.

Rather then doing a specific bot review, I was trying to do a blanket review for each faction.
yes, intakt is the fastest bot, but the blue bots and mechs are fastest as a whole.

The resists can be done in a separate blog post.

But yes, green shots -> yellow/red shots -> blue shots -> green.

Thanks for the input though.

bump