Topic: Destructible POS for defensive herding

Whilst out and about on an intrusion, one thing that I thought about was an ability to deploy tactical structures in order to 'herd' your enemy. This could work in both regards, as a defender you want to reduce the number of easily accessible attack vectors and as an attacker (say in an intrusion) you want to reduce defenders effectiveness at attacking your objectives.

I also wanted a way to make industrialists able to use their EP better in PvP rather than just throwing them in something as another set of poorly spec'd guns.

Basically, you deploy a defensive structure container which has a fixed internal size, this then needs to be filled with a certain amount of materials. An industrialist with certain skills (defense construction) then uses a defense constructor module to create the required structure.

These then can range in both cost and complexity to give differing outputs. At the low end you might have a simple structure which only requires say 100k Titan ore to construct and takes 2 mins. This results in a low grade object with say 10k HP and low resists. The opposite end would need more types, greater quantity and longer construction time to create structures with more HP and better resists.

To me it gives industrialists more reason to live on beta islands as they can contribute to defense and more reason for them to play a logistics role when Intrusions or big invasions are happening. PvP has to be more tactical in its approach, if the defenders have had time to prep good defenses, you might need to send in smaller squads to attack them before launching a big assault. It also provides another outlet for the glut of minerals around and makes it more profitable for the carebears to leave Alpha and come join the fun...

I know this could be seen as exploitable in terms of spamming these everywhere but they are also static which makes them targets for smaller roaming gangs to target which should provide a check and balance to an alliance just spamming these everywhere.

Thoughts?

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

Re: Destructible POS for defensive herding

this may need some form of tweaking to keep the "spamming" down, but it's a fecking good idea otherwise.

Shoot inanimate objects, fun...

well it would have to be something tactical, to promote different kinds of combat situations. a standard block on the ground is not a good idea, but say a demob field, or some kind of local radar jamming, etc...

An idea could be a Power Reactor combined with either a CPU and/or a fuel need for it, thereby limiting the active towers total? like X amount of many small or X amount of few big towers? (possible utility towers)

I would say key them to the player, give them a limited duration, and make it so that each player can only have x number of structures at a time