Topic: Travel Paths

Compile the most traveled routes from logged data to negatively affect plant growth around well traveled places.

We take the same routes over and over and over every day, but yet the plants are still there to bug us every step of the way.  Why not have them die off and leave a nice clean path, and maybe even change the texture to dirt to reflect the change that has happened.

I'm pretty sure this could be extrapolated from the data that is already logged by the server, and wouldnt even need to be done on the fly, maybe once a day things update during low population times.

I know this would make common travel routes much more manageable and "afk-able" and not require a tree trimming team to go around on beta and destroy all of the plants that we dont like.

It would also have a small effect on the plant growth on alpha.  Theres more people traveling there than on beta, so it would have less plant growth especially close to the terminals and outposts, and TBH I like anything that curbs the effectiveness of being on Alpha.

->You just lost The Game<-

Re: Travel Paths

Would you prefer this first, or terraforming first? If we had terraforming, maybe going around and destroying the plants you don't like, planting some that you do like becomes a strategic choice?

How easily can gold farmers avoid random obstacles? If it is hard for them, then leave it as it is.

Neoxx wrote:

Compile the most traveled routes from logged data to negatively affect plant growth around well traveled places.

We take the same routes over and over and over every day, but yet the plants are still there to bug us every step of the way.

The next step will be requirement to introduce collisions of robots?
If we can play with ghost-o-bots, we can live with iron plants.

How about an option to record a travel path between 2 points with the ability to set an auto pilot on those records.

Robots are progammables and so it'll be less boring to do corporation logistics. It took me 1 day and half to move 5kU from A to B, I lost the count of the numbers of returns I did, but I'll rather watch movies while doing such travels than focus to the screen.

It can be based on some logistics extension - more points you have, more waypoints you can set up in your roure

Have a productive day, Runner

7 (edited by Zhyntil 2011-01-15 01:49:21)

Cestus wrote:

How about an option to record a travel path between 2 points with the ability to set an auto pilot on those records.

Robots are progammables and so it'll be less boring to do corporation logistics. It took me 1 day and half to move 5kU from A to B, I lost the count of the numbers of returns I did, but I'll rather watch movies while doing such travels than focus to the screen.

This will never (according to the Dev's and i hope they stick to it) happen in Perp......it is the surest fastest way to make things easier for farmers......If you are playing the game you should at least have to pay minimal attention to it.......if you want to play something you can leave and watch movies while the game plays on its own.......go try farmville.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

This is not about auto-move waypoints.  Back on topic or lock.

i do like your idea neoxx that would be cool.

+1 for me smile

Im starting to like this f*ggot.

I agree that could be cool, but the plants on the path are very annoying for macroers and bots. Removing them would help these guys, event without pathfinding.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

and why our robots don't leave tracks already ?
Is it all about the record of tracks ? and how much it sucks the servers resources ?

Bots leaving tracks on the ground wouldnt be a server issue, but a client one.  The client would just leave behind tracks from where all the bots on radar have walked for a certain amount of time (30 seconds or something) (maybe not NPC's to save resources, but it wouldnt be too bad).  It would have to be toggleable, because I'd imagine in larger fights the tons of tracks left behind would quickly add up.

the world should be more dynamic for such features.