1 (edited by Doctor Strangelove 2011-01-06 12:39:07)

Topic: Earn NIC, Invest in IRS

IRS is offering a return to any investor in Perpetuum, without regard for political affiliations. Important info is near the top of this post while creditability and miscellaneous info is near the bottom. There are two types of investments available:

1) Short-Term. 10 days, 10% return, 5M max per agent. Best for quick cash, especially if you won't be online for a certain period. This cycle pays out the full amount + 10% after 10 days. To make this investment, send the NIC and a mail to Doctor Strangelove. The mail should say "x NIC, short term." If you want to receive the interest but keep the investment, simply put "cycle" in the mail.

2) Long-Term. 30 days, 20% return, 5M minimum - 100M maximum. This is for the long haul, for agents who want a larger payout and are interested in holding a bigger portion of the IRS industry than is available through the short-term investment. Procedure is the same. Please note that the default for this investment is set to cycle, so if you want the full 120% after 30days, please send me a mail stating so (at least 15 days before the payout date, preferably).

Misc Info. These investments are geared to appeal to combat players and someone who is going on vacation for a short period. Savvy industrialists can make more than 20% profit, therefore they probably wouldn't be interested in such an arrangement most of the time.

Creditability. Anyone with half a brain would be concerned that this is a scam. These investments have been available to IRS members and allies for over a month and I am providing names for reference. This reference list will be augmented by agents outside of the IRS for additional response to creditability concerns.

Still concerned? Until a large number of investors outside the IRS have confirmed my e-honor, I'm willing to cascade up to a sufficient investment amount. (AKA you send me 100, I send you it back, then 200k, etc etc.) If you want something like this, just let me know and I'm up for it.

Currently there is no minimum for short-term investments, so it would be fine if one wanted to start very small and build up a more trusting, long-lasting relationship, I would be willing to work with small amounts of NIC. My only stipulation would be that you endorse this service in this thread.

2 (edited by Doctor Strangelove 2011-01-05 20:31:26)

Re: Earn NIC, Invest in IRS

Rough List of IRS Agents who have participated (or are) participating in investments (repeat names means more than once):
Sithums                             Dives
Euphoric                             Euphoric
Atlas                                  Master Shadow
Reaganomicon                    Dives
Jim Stone                           Rodo
Sol Invictus                         Ulysses
Zasze                                D-Argo
Seamus
roanoke
Euphoric
Sithums
Ikarus
Blythe
Cycarus
Atlas  Fishard
Zasze
Sithums
Sol Invictus
Hehlol
Deathmag
Exrated
Dives
Noxxia
Crichton
Moozium
ikarus
Crichton
Noxxia
Ulysses
Seamus
Crichton
Hehlol
Rodo
Sol Invictus

These people I imagine would be happy to confirm that I'm "a nice guy."

3 (edited by Doctor Strangelove 2011-01-05 20:28:08)

*reserved*

P.S. Trolling is welcome. I just like to see these sort of services available in game, and if it creates competing investments, all the better. May use them myself.

I congratulate you on your ingenuity, or at least the initiative.

10 days, 10% return, 5M max per agent.

I just made 500k in the time that it took to write this post.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

10 days, 10% return, 5M max per agent.

I just made 500k in the time that it took to write this post.

Haha, definitely not designed for you, then. This is to augment our industry and provide a way to make NIC for more casual players. Any industrialist knows that there are easily found 250+% profit margins out there. You have to have money/assets to make money, however.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Rough List of IRS Agents who have participated (or are) participating in investments (repeat names means more than once):
Sithums                             Dives
Euphoric                             Euphoric
Atlas                                  Master Shadow
Reaganomicon                    Dives
Jim Stone                           Rodo
Sol Invictus                         Ulysses
Zasze                                D-Argo
Seamus
roanoke
Euphoric
Sithums
Ikarus
Blythe
Cycarus
Atlas  Fishard
Zasze
Sithums
Sol Invictus
Hehlol
Deathmag
Exrated
Dives
Noxxia
Crichton
Moozium
ikarus
Crichton
Noxxia
Ulysses
Seamus
Crichton
Hehlol
Rodo
Sol Invictus

These people I imagine would be happy to confirm that I'm "a nice guy."

So because your corp members say that your corp wont scam us that means you should be trusted?

8 (edited by Doctor Strangelove 2011-01-05 20:37:21)

Still concerned? Until a large number of investors outside the IRS have confirmed my e-honor, I'm willing to cascade up to a sufficient investment amount. (AKA you send me 100, I send you it back, then 200k, etc etc.) If you want something like this, just let me know and I'm up for it.

This is for the obvious problem in offering my own corpmates as references. This sort of thing has to be built up. Also, I'm not a freelancer inside IRS. This is Euphoric and Strangelove is our "official" industrialist who buys ore, provides bots to corp, etc. I know, even talking like this just gets the commies all riled up :-).

This is for the obvious problem in offering my own corpmates as references. This sort of thing has to be built up. Also, I'm not a freelancer inside IRS. This is Euphoric and Strangelove is our "official" industrialist who buys ore, provides bots to corp, etc. I know, even talking like this just gets the commies all riled up :-).

Nice quote.

10 (edited by Doctor Strangelove 2011-01-05 20:39:19)

Neoxx wrote:

Nice quote.

If I surrender to the troll god now, can my post be spared? *waits for Siddy*

That's called getting hustled.

I got scammed by these peoplef or being in an enemy corp

Rofl LIES. Okay fine, worst case scenario, the forums get some action. Anyone who is ACTUALLY interested, hit me up in-game.

Do you mean investements over 10 days of 100K, and then up or just sending it back and forth?

I'm up for either. Sending it back and forth gets it started more quickly, but I could obviously just not send it when it got to 1M or something. That's why there is no minimum, if someone is extremely cautious, they could invest 10k or something. I don't think I'll accept 1,000 troll investments of 10k from M2S, though. Please don't make me cry.

16 (edited by Neoxx 2011-01-05 20:50:16)

Will you accept 15k?  Styx doesnt let us keep our money...   That 500k I made already went into buying more materials for the corp.

Doesn't matter what forum topic I enter, or what the time is... M2S trolls hard around the clock

"You're living in a parallel universe." ~Syndic

18 (edited by Doctor Strangelove 2011-01-05 20:52:51)

All investments are confidential. Your account history will not be betrayed to any commissars.

P.S.  M2S Forum-assault successful. Outpost destroyed. Enemy investments looted at a 10-to-1 kill-loss ratio. Video from multiple perspectives will be available soon.

19 (edited by Draz 2011-01-05 21:04:32)

Full disclosure:

Euphoric is a Goon. Not one of the Goons who just ran a recruitment scam for 500k and some junk out of AXE's storage, though. But a Goon, nonetheless. By an odd coincidence, Doctor Strangelove is also the character chosen by The Mittani as a forum avatar on the Goonfleet forums. Totally unrelated, of course.

Just thought everyone who might be seriously considering giving their NIC away should know exactly who they were dealing with.

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

20 (edited by Doctor Strangelove 2011-01-05 21:01:59)

I am a Goon, techincally, although I have never played in a Goon corp/guild and rarely participate in "goony" behavior. Recruitment scams are distasteful to me, while corp thefts are very tasty. For the purposes of this investment model, I will maintain my e-honor.

I have offered alternatives to simply sending me 1M NIC to invest, I highly doubt anyone will do that without at least speaking to me at first and probably not without some sort of less risky escalation.

And as much as I appreciate Draz's caution, he has no idea who I am or "exactly who you will be dealing with."

Draz wrote:

Full disclosure:

Euphoric is a Goon. Not one of the Goons who just ran a recruitment scam for 500k and some junk out of AXE's storage, though. But a Goon, nonetheless. By an odd coincidence, Doctor Strangelove is also the character chosen by The Mittani as a forum avatar on the Goonfleet forums. Totally unrelated, of course.

Just thought everyone who might be seriously considering giving their NIC away should know exactly who they were dealing with.

Full disclosure:

At least link the "recruitment scam" that as you claim was NOT performed by Strangelove, or anyone in IRS for that matter.  Heavy on insinuation, but really just weak when you look at the facts.

More full disclosure when one of your officer's comes to me with an offer to steal from their own corp in return for membership... I will consider them morally bankrupt and fully deserving of whatever backstabbing we BOTH can offer them in return.

"You're living in a parallel universe." ~Syndic

22 (edited by Doctor Strangelove 2011-01-05 21:19:27)

Yeah, I missed that little jab. IRS has never done a recruitment scam and one wouldn't be tolerated. We are allied with N-A, and they have done one, however. You were grouping us together because of Goon affiliations, but that's hardly accurate at this point in the game. If I'm not mistaken, there are Goons in M2S, also.

Thanks for making this offering; I'll talk to you or one of the IRS delegates in-game. Will you (now) promise to announce your (eventual) payouts here in this thread, with screenshots of the transaction log on your side, and request your investors to confirm with screenshots from their side?

If people insist on screenshots for the first few, fine. It's not going to be standard procedure. I don't really see the point of screenshots when someone could just log-in their forum account and say, "Hey, I got paid." I'm looking for simple, low-maintenance. No different from when you and I discussed things before. Screenshots don't exactly provide anonymity and can be pretty easily doctored.

25 (edited by Artem Blue 2011-01-08 15:14:35)

In the spirit of due diligence, I looked up all the referenced characters on this forum and in-game, and spoke to Ember a bit in-game.

Points I'm dubious about:
1. Doctor Strangelove has no prior posts on this forum - no face, name or rep to protect. However, Euphoric and Doctor Strangelove are admitted alts, and Euphoric has a few (very few) posts.
2. Doctor Strangelove admits he loves corp thefts - "are very tasty."
3. Doctor Strangelove lists Euphoric as one of his references; this is useless.
4. IRS in general and Doctor Strangelove / Euphoric in particular have some historical association with the Goons (SomethingAwful forums), who would probably praise and congratulate successful scams; this makes them more of a credit risk.
5. Ember was not able to cut and paste the corp bulletin announcing this internal investment possibility from the corp bulletin when I asked. Being able to do something like that promptly when surprised is something that an honest individual could do, but a dishonest individual could not (hard to make up such an elaborate deceptive document fast enough) - it would be strong evidence of honesty. The fact that Ember couldn't is therefore weak evidence against honesty; however, there are good alternative explanations, like that there might be sensitive information in that post, or that Ember was suspicious that I might be up to some espionage goal.
6. Doctor Strangelove's proposed "cascade" option is no protection at all against scammers - a scammer is less patient than an honest business dealer, but not so much less patient that they wouldn't give back 200k in order to eventually get a total of 1m or whatever the deal is.

Aside: There is such a thing as an honest cascade, but it's much slower. Basically, you have to be actually making deals and locking in profits - and the rate of increased trust has to be slower than the real returns. So the honest cascade is something like: you risk 100k, next week he gives back 110k, then you reinvest 105k and lock in a 5k profit. This is what Shaedys was referencing.

Risks I can see:
1. It's a remote possibility that the entire IRS corp could be one person or a small number of tightly-knit people.
2. It's a possibility that Euphoric / Doctor Strangelove has been running a Ponzi / pyramid scheme inside his own corp and now wants to expand beyond it.
3. It's a possibility (from your perspective) that I'm the same person, or closely associated with, Euphoric / Doctor Strangelove / IRS and am working to boost your confidence and increase the yield of the scam.

However, I did find a few posts by Ember and Hehlol, and my overall impression is that Euphoric/Doctor Strangelove is behaving casually rather than dishonestly.

Currently, I think these guys are dealing in good faith, at least for small loans (below 1m) If you want me to put my money where my mouth is, talk to me in-game, I may be able to insure you - 5k gets you 40k or 50k gets you 400k if they default - corresponding to a 1:7 odds against IRS defaulting.  Or if you think I'm honest, but they're scamming me, you could pay 35k and get 40k if they default; either direction is fine with me.

Edit:

Artem wrote:

Or if you think I'm honest, but they're scamming me, you could pay 35k and get 40k if they default; either direction is fine with me.

On reflection, this doesn't make any sense - the only time you would want to take the opposite side of the insurance bet is would be you think they're more honest than my 1:7 odds, and want to increase your returns. Of course, later in this thread, Euphoric asks me not to do any third-party stuff, so I won't.