1 (edited by Seridur 2011-01-04 18:34:59)

Topic: Should we have speed booster modules?

Speed is king in this game. Temporary speed boosters would increase our tactical options: using a up a slot, increase the bot's weight (thus reduce it's general speed) to have a short speed boost when needed, which would require to use energy and/or some special fuel.
Defiantely would change our warfare, at least the chasing types. Could make the battles more enganging-one more active module to use-, and more unpredictable-no one would know before scanning that who has this module equipped.

So what do you think, should we have these kind of modules or it would be problematic or maybe unnecessary?

Re: Should we have speed booster modules?

Is this in response to your fail last night and you want to run plates and lwf without the penalties, l2p maybe?

Nah, I was not there unfortunately, have some other rl obligations, work and such, so if you could start it a bit earlier next time, it would be appreciated. The second half makes no sense.. everything has its penalties.

Seridur wrote:

problematic or maybe unnecessary?

Not sure if it would be problematic. Unnecessary maybe.

I have heard chat about this very type of module you are talking about. It could make things interesting maybe.

I think the chat I heard about a module that changes the terrain slope on a bot or mech would be a better way to go.

Of course this is not a speed change but can make some engagements a bit more interesting if a mech can go where an assault bot can go etc.

Not sure what the draw backs of such module would be though.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Seridur wrote:

Speed is king in this game. Temporary speed boosters would increase our tactical options: using a up a slot, increase the bot's weight (thus reduce it's general speed) to have a short speed boost when needed, which would require to use energy and/or some special fuel.
Defiantely would change our warfare, at least the chasing types. Could make the battles more enganging-one more active module to use-, and more unpredictable-no one would know before scanning that who has this module equipped.

So what do you think, should we have these kind of modules our it would be problematic or maybe unnecessary?

the true choise u have isnt speed or armor

its speed or range

if u choose to go low speed u cant do that without having superior locking and shooting range

no speed and no range = sitting target dummy

but even with have long range slow heavy mechs as army backbone

it cant work without a well mixed support force

if both sides have  a well round up army in the end victory still depend on leadership decisions and ability of army to follow orders

that is the point where u can improve a lot focus on that and dont dream about a module that will fix ur problems.......

<<< REAL POWER CAN NOT BE GIVEN, IT MUST BE TAKEN >>>

Kyr - Perpetuum Online
Helios Norlund - Darkfall Online

6 (edited by Seridur 2011-01-04 18:59:24)

I can see the corp dialog topic is not big enough for you, you must brag everywhere smile. I did not say I have a problem with anything, simply I think it would be an interesting tactical option. Would you equip it (instead of other modules), when would you use it etc.

I like the idea, so long as sprint module charges are fairly expensive, using the sprint module causes a visible effect so people know why they're getting caught, and it doesn't increase the speed ceiling in the game.

Another possibility that would definitely not increase the speed ceiling might be something that simply switches from behaving like a (lower-quality) armor plate to behaving like a (lower-quality) lwf when the (single) charge is fired. Reload could be very slow, or not possible at all in the field. Useful if you expect to tank until some turning point, and then either give chase or run.

Artem Blue wrote:

I like the idea, so long as sprint module charges are fairly expensive, using the sprint module causes a visible effect so people know why they're getting caught, and it doesn't increase the speed ceiling in the game.

Another possibility that would definitely not increase the speed ceiling might be something that simply switches from behaving like a (lower-quality) armor plate to behaving like a (lower-quality) lwf when the (single) charge is fired. Reload could be very slow, or not possible at all in the field. Useful if you expect to tank until some turning point, and then either give chase or run.

Or, how about the ability to destroy/eject equipment on the fly to make your bot faster so you can do what you need to do?

Seridur wrote:

I can see the corp dialog topic is not big enough for you, you must brag everywhere smile. I did not say I have a problem with anything, simply I think it would be an interesting tactical option. Would you equip it (instead of other modules), when would you use it etc.

umad?

GLiMPSE wrote:
Artem Blue wrote:

Or, how about the ability to destroy/eject equipment on the fly to make your bot faster so you can do what you need to do?

thats sounds interesting drop a weapon/armor plate or whatever to speed u up

and leave the crowd behind u lose additional time pick up the container

<<< REAL POWER CAN NOT BE GIVEN, IT MUST BE TAKEN >>>

Kyr - Perpetuum Online
Helios Norlund - Darkfall Online

Yes, as long as there is some small chance you might blow yourself up using them. I like jump jets better.