Topic: Respec - character deletion limbo?

Is anyone else waiting several days to delete all their alts?

2880 per character is a lot if you have multiple alts.

Anyone else think a one-off account wipe should be part of the respec?

2 (edited by Fiddler 2010-12-22 18:10:09)

Re: Respec - character deletion limbo?

I have to agree. I wasn't one of the people that wanted a character respec option but since they offered it I thought 'why not use it?' but it will cost me over 8000 ep to delete three characters.

IMO if you are going to offer this one time option then just give it to us. making us save up ep just to take advantage of this is lame. I don't even understand the point of charging us EP when you are just going to give it all back anyway. wtf are you devs thinking?

Okay I feel better. I'll just have to take a break from the game since once I use this option I lose everything anyway...no sense in playing while I save up ep.

The dev's basically gave us a quick work-around instead of waiting weeks for them to code and QA a ton of extra things. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing for a lot of people.

Cal Sinai wrote:

The dev's basically gave us a quick work-around instead of waiting weeks for them to code and QA a ton of extra things. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing for a lot of people.

/this

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

The feature is designed to that people understand that you first have to LOSE everything they have. If it was just a reset button how many people would have lost all their NIC, robots and research without thinking about it before they reset..

It's a feature.

The Game

I think the best solution would be to suspend the deletion cost for a few days, a week maybe so everyone is happy.

Seridur wrote:

I think the best solution would be to suspend the deletion cost for a few days, a week maybe so everyone is happy.

/agree

Well they have given us all sorts of warnings on how we will lose everything. I have two accounts so I transferred all my nic and bots and inventory to my alt account.

I've not done much with this account so I'm not worried about losing anything other than my nic and inventory.

I just think they could have made this a bit easier. I spent all of my ep before the announcement so I have to wait and save up over 8000 ep from pretty much nothing...I'll have to wait over 6 days before I can delete my characters.    sheesh...

Oh and like a dumb *** I made 3 characters on that account just so I could reserve the names. At the time I had no idea that we would be charged EP if we had to delete an account.

I'll live...I'll make due....I love the game so I'll continue to pay for two accounts but I am bummed over this.

Just allow accounts to go into negative EP when deleting characters.  Just dont include the 'required EP' check like they have on extensions.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

10 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-22 21:58:31)

Neoxx wrote:

Just allow accounts to go into negative EP when deleting characters.  Just dont include the 'required EP' check like they have on extensions.

Should not be hard to code this in either unless you fail at math.
cool

+1

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

so yeah, i resided myself to "accepting my mistakes" and moving on, then a respec is talked about, now, have to wait 1 week cause I have a full account with little EP. No big deal, back to where I was, and I'll just wait it out and take the clean slate just to make SURE I do it right and hope for a small adjustment.

I do understand this might need to be the way. Some may have had only 1 character. Short of research and rep, might as well reset, only the night before you made the other 2 characters to get the light bots knowing you would delete and remake the next day. Obviously exploitable, and we all know how people get . .  .

I was hoping this would be more of a permanent in-game feature that cost nic. I even thought:

You pay nic based on the EP returned from the skill, and only 1 skill per account can be reset at a time. A skill can only be reset to 1, not 0. This EP you get from the skill goes into a bank that is returned to you 1 EP / min. just like normal. Effectively giving you 2 EP / min. while a skill is being reset. Still a price for your mistake, but not an overwhelming disaster that makes you feel like you might as well just come back next week.

Sometimes you just want to play the game.

Neoxx wrote:

This is what I told GM_Ocean in game, its a quick and good idea, saves the pointless wait of 5 days or so.

+1

Completely agree with the negative EP option, i feel like im just waiting around for enough EP to do this which is really putting me off logging in for the next 4.38 days.

+1

Agreed. No reason to log in if your just going to delete the account.

16 (edited by Kolt 2010-12-24 03:27:25)

Sounds like a good idea.

Devs have implemented the minus EP solution as fast solution to a problem before. Now I don't see any reason why Devs shouldn't use this again to allow everyone resetting they're accounts and here are few good reasons might think about it:

1. People are free these days ( being Christmas ), so you want to have them play YOUR game not something else, that's why every mmo tries to get customers with events around this time of the year.

2. Really easy thing to do, not required days of coding, people no more complant about this matter.

Just my 2 Cents.

Your spot on Wild, ironically during this period of waiting around to reset my account I went ahead and reinstalled LOTRO .. and then bought the expansions and then resubscribed. Having alot of fun actually.

yep, still waiting on another 1.4k ep to reset my stats. I deleted all my characters and forgot to reset the account before i made a new one.  Whoops! now I have to wait for another 2.8k EP!  So no perpetuum for me!

Bad Sector wrote:

yep, still waiting on another 1.4k ep to reset my stats. I deleted all my characters and forgot to reset the account before i made a new one.  Whoops! now I have to wait for another 2.8k EP!  So no perpetuum for me!

I did the same thing, but I have the EP. Just have to wait 24 hours now sad

Now I have 7006 EP out of 8640 EP. Gotta wait untill tomorrow big_smile