26 (edited by ot0_m0t0 2011-03-19 21:01:15)

Re: Account reset FAQ

<GM Menelith> names are bound to the account you cant ever use it on other accounts
<WorkingHorse> I know, but I deleted the Character on Account A completly and want to use the same name on a new Character on Account B
<GM Menelith> that what i say the name is bound to account A even if you delete the caracter you cant use it on any other
<WorkingHorse> Ah *** sad All that trouble, just because i activated my subscripton key in the wrong account. I could bite my own *** for this

EDIT:
* '''New:''' Unused character names that have been deleted more than 1 day ago can be reused again on any account. This means that if you want to recreate a character with the same name, you have 1 day after the deletion of your character until that name is still tied to your account

27 (edited by Alexander 2011-03-18 00:49:48)

Email support. They'll make sure both accounts connect via the same IP and can release a delete characters name for you. smile

Might not do it any more but they used to. The GM should suggest emailing support as they're able to release names (I wish we could do it ourselves build into the website/client *Hint*)

The Game

I have done some bad choices myself, but wont reset (since it's a one-time opportunity).

I think there should be more opportunities to reset EP. Especially for noobs accounts (less than 6 month old).

It's really hard to understand right from the start, which extension will be useful and which won't. You are not supposed to know which weapons fits youre playstyle, which extensions makes the diffference, and even which career to takes (since there is so many in the indus field) etc...

I heard a lot of new players talking about reseting their account, so i think it may be a good feature to allow a few EP resets without deleting youre char. And since it would be restricted to new accounts, it should be used only to corrects noobs mistakes.

well i'm glad i swung in here andread this before going and doing a "free" reset hahaha. i started maybe 4 days ago with the trial.. tried farming junk from mobs so i could get a castel.. 1 day later i got my castel.. went out by truhold to do a newb quest and after the 3rd round out of nowhere i got ripped up by what the gm called "a random roaming mob" which i assume was the observers that have been removed from alpha islands as of this mornings patch.. so i made an alt and went mining instead of pew pewing mobs for junk.. much better money . but like most newbs i dumped ep into stuff that looking back.... i wish i could get that ep back cause after day 4 of mining titanium outside ics alpha i want to scream and kick something.. so i looked into doing a reset and well.. from what i've read its an even bigger pain in the butt than watching the ep roll in slowly day by day hour by hour so that i can unlock more mats to mine ..
one post that made me laugh uptop mentioned it being so painful so that people wont take advantage of the freebie tutorial rewards... i highly doubt that someone would keep remaking their toon for some lowbie loots when they could run out and mine something like titanium and in 30 mins make about 2-300k nic..
these days with every game going with the f2p model and offering respec items and so on ... even games that started out as p2p such as fallen earth or star trek online or conan or eq2.... ive played fallen earth since launch and as of yesterday it went free 2 play and they had such an influx that their servers took a dump on themselves and they fought the server gremlin of doom all night from what i see on their facebook updates..

this game isn't some cookie cutter fantasy run around and fight orcs and elves all day junk and i would love to and would not have an issue putting $50-100 a month into a game like this if they had an ingame store that sold some items . now for the people that are going to rant about the store selling op mechs and stuff for the "pay to win" peple i'm not talking about those kind of items.. besides in this game if your dude gets nuked he's gone.. i wouldn't buy a bot from a store that could go poof if i got jumped by some random mobs .. and there goes $15 or something..

besides most games that didnt even have an ingame store for the longest time like say eq2 .. every few months when a major change came through in some patch u had a reset button in your skills window that let u respec ..

i hated the game the day i got smoked and lost my castel and had 2k nic left and was basicly broke and had no bots. with a game that has such a low population as this i would think its maybe time to look at going f2p , giving us a less painful method of doing our 1st reset and pumping some fres blood into this game . after i made the alt and went into mining i am enjoying the game minus the whole ep issue and having our ep pool being used by all of the characters... ive never seen that before in my life.

just my thoughts guys and gals.. small rant ... but after gaming for 14 yrs and watching what companies do and how they run their games and what they try and do to keep the community happy and playing their game and putting money in their pockets at the same time.. this game kind of .. doesn't seem to want to keep players playing and paying..

also to the guy uptop that mentioned not getting and symapthy from us cause we started in beta.. ya i can understand your point about going through all this crap since day 1 and sticking to it and no ep reset back then.. hell everquest 2 way back when u died u dropped a shard.. until u got that shard back your skills dropped by like 20% or something for a few hrs or until u got that shard back.. some people would try and run back in and get the shard and get wiped and now their skills are down by like 40% and try again.. and die.. i would sit inside zones on my tank and run people down to get their shards and give them a hand ... a few months later that whole shard mental fart got removed and u just had an exp debt and skill loss for 15 mins.. from what i see in patch logs this game just tweeks small stuff here and there and not very often at that even.

we have a nice mature community here from what i've seen ... no crap talkin 15yr olds so far.. people ive talked to while mining are always friendly.. MORTE corp is a great bunch of people .. the game has great potential but with it being so brutal on newbs i can see why there is maybe 150 of us online at one time and most of those are alt accounts being used to haul items lol..

for now i will try and wait for the ep to trickle in but myself i think its time this game looked into going free to play with a store selling a few items .. honestly.

and dont worry .. after typing all this i have switched to decaf coffee.. have a good day everyone and hope to see yas ingame.

tl;dr

...just kidding, though I'm not sure what to make of your post.

Do you have a problem with account reset, or that the game is not free to play? Because switching to f2p will not help you when you lose your castel and you don't have enough nic for another. Unless you think of buying a Castel for real money, but if we would do that, the ingame economy would collapse. No "pay2win" here, sorry.

But otherwise you're a little too late with the rants smile We have already announced the removal of the account reset feature and the changes to attributes and the extension system. Here: http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … nd-sparks/

^^ LOL
the tl;dr part almost got me fired for laughing.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom you can confirm the penalty pool will be given back? I have read everything about it just want a clear confirmation.

Cobalt wrote:

DEV Zoom you can confirm the penalty pool will be given back? I have read everything about it just want a clear confirmation.

Confirmed.

Valenti wrote:

My toon is about 2 days old and I spent everything before I realized that specialization is better than hybrid. I need to wait two more days to delete my toon and start over?  Do I get that 2 days worth of EP back when I do?  And can I go back though the tutorial again to get some better bots on my restarted toon?

might be too long to read for those with ADD, i'm sorry if so big_smile

reading posts like this while looking into doing a reset are what made me laugh.. this is from a post earlier in this thread.. a few down the list someone is stuck and not able to even get ingame due to the ep cost to delete and reset hahah awesome! not awesome that they are stuck not able to play..but awesome method of doing a respec ...if someone isn't in a corp that lets them store their items or money , assuming its just the ep they would like to get back .. they get to start fresh .

my story goes like this.. i got the trial and went nuts and got nuked by some 1st star by ics alpha , i saved up enough nic by selling all of the junk in my inventory and doing the pve quest from truhold that gives 30knic per run then went on a road tour from there  to tellesis to buy the cheapest castel on the markets.. the only 1 i could afford.

tadaa! i'm on a trial and cant buy player made listings so i said hey its $10 and some nights ive spilt more than $10 worth of drinks in a good night at the pub , so i sub to the game and buy the castel and  that left me with just over 2k nic .. so i headed back out to do that 30k nic quest from truhold and next thing i know i get blown to hell by some mob ive never seen before and was never there while doing the assignment the 1st 4 times i did it that day.. so now i'm out that castel and have 2k nic in my bank . being new to the game i thought man what now?

i got gm mene??? cant remember his full name to look into it and see what nuked me .. i was told it was a random roaming mob.. in a starter area.. after seeing the observers removed from alpha islands i am assuming it might of been one of those newb killers that got me.. ty from myself and future new players to the game for removing them from lowbie areas.

about the free 2 play.. i talked with you this morning about that ingame remember?  where i said it might be to your benefit to look into going free to play and doing some ingame store that sells some items.. for many reasons .. 1 being that (and this was in our chat earlier today) pay to play games are a dying breed with most established pay to play games going that route just to even keep some sort of a decent player base. not to mention whatever you may put in the ingame store would bring in more money for you guys no? so $10 a month versus say f2p model and maybe selling.. paints so people can pimp out their bot (paint was what just jumped into my head ) paint wouldn't affect the ingame economy and it has nothing to do with the ingame mechanics of the game where say in a pay 2 win game (like world of tanks , just a reference...) where you can buy a tank that is somewhat over powered compared to the other tanks of the same rank that people work their butt off to get .

no i don't want to buy a bot for real money that could get blown up 10 mins or later .. pay to win never works out.

bottom line i mentioned the f2p cause after a few days ingame and trying mining instead of combat i do like the game and would like to see more players online and would like to see you guys making more money from the game  its not some cookie cutter anime fantasy junk like the other 95% of the mmo games out there these days .

anyways as mentioned uptop.. it was a rant and it was typed while mining .

cyas ingame

I hope you realize you are quoting posts back from February smile
You don't have to wait anymore to delete a character if you don't have any EP, because it can go into negative.

Losing your first light bot (and your second) is very unfortunate, and we agree that we have to work on that situation when you have to work yourself up from nothing. But in the meantime I believe transport assignments are the way to go, you can do those even in an Arkhe.

And this is very offtopic here, but I personally don't see the f2p model as a holy grail which makes everything magically okay, just because everyone is doing it (quite the contrary actually, it really seems like a bubble to me that's going to pop eventually). It also needs a certain type of gameplay and game world, which Perpetuum doesn't quite fit in its current form.

never been to arkhe yet tbh . will have to look into that run . been mining titanium like crazy here at ics alpha and makin decent money for a newb , enough to get a fewbots in my storage and keep busy mining . and yes idid look at post dates on the threads .

losing my bots on the 2nd day was a sh*tty deal lol, i basicly had to make an alt and do the tut assignments and start over .

one thing i will say is its nice to see a gm online all the time and i was surprised to see a dev online this morning .

good chattin with ya

20% is too much, fresh account and first reset can have 5% - 10%, other games have no more then 10% lost skills after reset I dont know why here is 20%.

Well it doesn't matter now anymore, since it's being removed smile