Topic: Dueling

Can we have the ability to challenge each other to duels for pvp practice. The only way to do it now is to flag yourself and then stop before you kill eachother and this isnt really an adequate solution.

Re: Dueling

Zscero wrote:

Can we have the ability to challenge each other to duels for pvp practice. The only way to do it now is to flag yourself and then stop before you kill eachother and this isnt really an adequate solution.

+1
+1

/signed

So you want PvP without consequences in a full loot PvP game?

Not supported

Zscero wrote:

You have discovered sandbox dueling or some like to call it 1v1. hmm

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

If you want pvp practice, this can be done vs members of your corp, can't it?

Duelling, on the other hand, is not meant to be practice for pvp. It's a fight over a matter of principle or honour, which includes the possibility of dying. But in a game like Perpetuum there is no culture of honour that would prevent duellists from killing each other once there is a decided victor.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Not supported

i didn't realise you were against fun?

Zscero - you must understand - if you could duel without loss and without the fear of a third party to interfere, it would be so gamebreaking.

imagine, you could test out different setups and optimise your equipment without the hardship of going against a unpredictable pvp faction which will kill you and your stuff every test run you do, until you eventually found a competable setup.

I partook in a duel of honor the other night. My bot got popped accidentally. That's ok with me, because Nia is a dangerous place, and crud happens. Also, players have to make their own rules for duels, which makes it a true sandbox.

Sorry, I can't support hard-coded duelling rules.

Campana wrote:

If you want pvp practice, this can be done vs members of your corp, can't it?

Duelling, on the other hand, is not meant to be practice for pvp. It's a fight over a matter of principle or honour, which includes the possibility of dying. But in a game like Perpetuum there is no culture of honour that would prevent duellists from killing each other once there is a decided victor.

Reefpirate wrote:

..., because Nia is a dangerous place, and crud happens. Also, players have to make their own rules for duels, which makes it a true sandbox.

Sorry, I can't support hard-coded duelling rules.

+1 so true methink !

Decon wrote:

Not supported

+1

Try this epic skill "Communication" where you stop firing at 25% and.. zOmg.. Don't lose anything.

Dueling is in-game
L2P.

13 (edited by Jasdemi Holdings 2010-12-29 17:55:04)

carebearing scrubs

ANT wrote:

Try this epic skill "Communication" where you stop firing at 25% and.. zOmg.. Don't lose anything.

Dueling is in-game
L2P.

doesn't help when you got an (un)lucky shot and your 4x Prompt Gauss do 3 crits on your sparring partners Ictus, which had not his shields raised yet. (thats and instant kill)