Re: One time EP Respec coming down the pipe?

A recap then:

• You can reset an account if it's not older than 45 days and if you don't have any characers on it. New info: 45 days is counted from the moment the first non-beta character was created on the account

• The reason for a reset is to redistribute all EP that you got since the beginning

• Since you have to delete all characters, obviously you will lose everything you have on them except for EP

• The EP charge for deleting characters will be back too

• Early Access accounts will get back the starting ~40k EP as well as all EP gained since the redemption of the first key (or the start of EA)

• Normal accounts will get back the starting ~20k EP as well as all EP gained since the redemption of the first key

• You can do this only once ever, per account

• The Reset account button will be visible on your character selection screen when there are no characters

By deleting all your toons, you are then able to reset your account. You will have your starting EP, as well as every EP/minute since your account has been active. You have until 45 days to do this. As soon as your account is older than 45 days, you cannot do it. You also can only do it once.

You gain all your EP back - say if you spent it on something you dont need. But you lose that toon, relations, Knowledge etc.

Did I miss something?

Yep, where is or will be the "Reset Button"?

79 (edited by Yorke 2010-12-22 12:33:28)

Vittoria Fauer wrote:

Did I miss something?

Yep, where is or will be the "Reset Button"?

My mistake, see Zooms post below

I think i'd rather have been  able to delete all 3 chr from my second account and have the EP deducted off total refunded EP pool rather than having to wait a week just to be able to reset the account,getting items etc off the account and into my mains storage isn't a problem.

Just glad i have the spare days left to be able to complete the task without undue annoyance and having to consider closing the second account when it's 3 month sub is up.

In the words of the Golo (CIR)  "I am not happy" haha

The Reset account button will be visible on your character selection screen when there are no characters. (added)

82 (edited by Asuma 2010-12-22 12:42:39)

Just read the change logs, good job DEVs, I didn't find anything I can complain about tongue
Honestly though, those are pretty good changes and you've taken care of most the problems players have been debating in the forums about.

But then again... it's almost 4am, maybe I'm too sleepy to notice anything that "Grinds my Gears". Gonna wait to the forum debates starts up over the changes to chime in again. lol

83 (edited by Red Five 2010-12-22 12:46:28)

I'll be offering a "stuff" holding service for any toons that wanna delete themselves but pass their "stuff" to someone to hold for them to pass on to their new toon.

Obviously, if you are in a corp, use someone on there. This is for all the loners who have no mates.

You will need to trust me, but I won't scam you. All transfers will be using Red Five, not some obscure alt.

Let me know the time you will be on. Try and get all your "stuff" to the New Virginia Alpha.

There will be no charge, just wanna help out.

lol so the early start players wanting to go FOTM get fresh 90k ep to play with... nice jawb. final nail in the coffin

GI Joe wrote:

lol so the early start players wanting to go FOTM get fresh 90k ep to play with... nice jawb. final nail in the coffin

What FOTM? We are exactly one month in and the flavor of the month seems to be vanilla. And since this will be the only month that the early start players will have this option, it's a non-issue.

Please go check your other thread.

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

86 (edited by El Meromero 2010-12-22 13:16:33)

I dont like this very much., but almost forces u to do a respec, we all made small mistakes that where not important. Lots of thinking atm roll
will also deletion EP penalty be lifted for some time? (with no wasted ep reimbursed ofc).

Edit: " Since you have to delete all characters, obviously you will lose everything you have on them except for EP " i asume this anwser my thing.

87 (edited by Red Five 2010-12-22 13:03:37)

Yes, GI Joe, I guess they can. But it's not without cost. The NIC spent on initially buying an Extension will be lost (probably 3 mill), all reputation grinding will be lost and all research progress will be lost.

But I am sure there will be a few alts on a seperate account that will respec into the Intact, without a doubt.

i doubt many combat chars do faction grinding anyway and yes the fotm is intact no matter what the resident spokesman for all  perpetuum players say.

i bet we well see some guys resetting their account, speccing for mech only, and failing big time for the next 6 weeks wink

You would think with all the intakts running around some might consider respeccing into a Troiar. Maybe people just don't know how to fit them?

Intakts become largely irrelevant once auto-hit green mechs are more widely used, unlike a cameleon with its 60% seismic resist.

Will names of deleted characters/corps be avaliable for the same account?

Annihilator wrote:

i bet we well see some guys resetting their account, speccing for mech only, and failing big time for the next 6 weeks wink

Prolly more.
I would say 2-3 months smile

El Meromero wrote:

Will names of deleted characters/corps be avaliable for the same account?

Character names are tied to your account. There is no way to delete corporations, always leave someone in there, otherwise you won't be able to recreate it with the same name.

ty for fast response ,., so far all are facillities,. , still more thinking then.

An account without any char created on it, still gain the EP?

I mean, if i delete all my characters on an account, and i push the "reset button, do i need to create a new character directly, or can i wait 1 week to recreate my character without loosing the EP of this "empty respec account" ?

For solo players: sell everything you have, buy small expensive items (kernals, T4 modules, decoders..), store them in a field container next to the starter station, keep the password in mind. Once you log in with the new character, go to the field container ASAP and get your stuff ... nah, probably a bad idea.

Can we give our NIC to a GM or DEV and get it back with the new character maybe ? I think the loss from researched kernals, relation to NPCs and access to high level assignments is steep enough...

So for those of us with 3 characters created on our account we will have to save up 8640 EP to delete them and reset our account?

Guignolet wrote:

An account without any char created on it, still gain the EP?

I mean, if i delete all my characters on an account, and i push the "reset button, do i need to create a new character directly, or can i wait 1 week to recreate my character without loosing the EP of this "empty respec account" ?

Yes, accounts accumulate EP without any characters too.

Thx Zoom.

I created my account in OB.
I only activated if after official release with a key. (No headstart.)

Can I use reset?