Re: One time EP Respec coming down the pipe?

Cal Sinai wrote:

"Account Reset" does that mean all items, and characters are deleted, and we are refunded every skillpoint as if we had a blank account sitting there from the time of activation?

I'm still unclear on this as well - although, mom's OBY-GYN did slap me a few too many times.

Not that it's too hard to find a solution regarding NIC/items if you have some friends you can trust...

I hope this is not news to you otherwise I would be disappointed smile

28 (edited by Cal Sinai 2010-12-21 22:01:34)

DEV Zoom wrote:

This should answer your questions hopefully:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Account_reset

Hmm, I'm going to have to save up a week worth of EP just to delete my characters to take the option.

Just to clarify, once you do the reset, you have all the EP you would have had as if your account had been blank since day 1 (20k/40k + 1 ep/min since activation). You don't lose the EP it took to delete characters.

It's confusing because the wording on the help page says:

Resetting an account is a one-time opportunity for new players who want to start over from zero without losing precious Extension Points.

And will you get reset back to your starting EP or will you get the accumulation of EP from when your account was opened?

It says without losing EP. Ofc you will get the EP pool as if you had opened your account and never spent any of it.

So....
Why the need to delete all chars?

Cal Sinai wrote:

Just to clarify, once you do the reset, you have all the EP you would have had as if your account had been blank since day 1 (20k/40k + 1 ep/min since activation). You don't lose the EP it took to delete characters.

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

It says without losing EP. Ofc you will get the EP pool as if you had opened your account and never spent any of it.

Both are correct.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Cal Sinai wrote:

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

Both are correct.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cal Sinai wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Cal Sinai wrote:

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

Both are correct.

Thanks for the clarification.

Tunneled clarification for the thanks.

What if it's an early access account? Do you still get back the 40k ep plus 7 days early access EP?

36 (edited by Yorke 2010-12-21 22:43:01)

So if you have 3 characters on an account you have to spend 8640 EP to be able to initially do the reset or please tell me there is an alternative?

What about the option of deleting your character 'when' your doing the reset to avoid the EP delete costs? eg: Account reset actually deletes your characters for you?

37 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-21 22:46:54)

Its an account wipe. You do not delete anything.

The only thing you will need to worry about is a place to temp store your banks before you utilize the account wipe option via the website/account section.

Zoom I commend you guys. This is FANTASTIC man. I am so motivated to play right now.
big_smile

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

BigCountry wrote:

Its an account wipe. You do not delete anything.

The only thing you will need to worry about is a place to temp store your banks before you utilize the account wipe option via the website/account section.

Zoom I commend you guys. This is FANTASTIC man. I am so motivated to play right now.
big_smile

It says you cannot have any active characters on your account to perform the wipe, so you have to delete your existing characters to even attempt it.

39 (edited by Humongus Bauls 2010-12-21 23:39:14)

ahh my bad. Yeah you will need to delete the chars first then. There will be some logistics involved for this if you want to keep your items. So make plans accordingly.

Edit - opps posted this at home. I am logged in with another account here. This is BigCountry.
hehe

the feature goes online tomorrow, which means, you still have a few days to delete those agents and do the reset, if your an hour 1 player (of early access)

you need maximum 6 days EP to do so.
after the reset, you will get all EP back, so you lost nothing but playtime (oh, its christmas, what a nice coincidence... time for the family)

41 (edited by Arga 2010-12-21 23:54:30)

So, yes you will lose EP deleting the characters, but when you do the reset you will get your starting EP (20K or EA Amount) + 1/EP per minute to the point of reset.

If this is still not clear enough ask Neoxx to explain, he's better at being mean than I am.

Edit: Grammer correction, well, technically it was a typo... you don't really care  nm

I would had liked to rearrange some ep points, saving up a few hours worth ep for more important things, but that would mean giving up many rl hours which I had spent on mission grinding..hmm I rather not

43 (edited by Cestus 2010-12-22 00:25:57)

what about the 40k EP bonus of the pre order accounts ?

edit :
sorry, I read again and find the answer

but I have a new one :
what happen to a corp if the CEO does a reset ?

That was my thought too, not worth losing the Rep and Kernal research.

45 (edited by Humongus Bauls 2010-12-22 00:49:00)

The only thing silly about it is having to save a weeks worth of EP in order to delete all 3 characters, then turn around and wipe the damn account....lol!

Other than that its great.

Anyway you can fix that Zoom? It really is silly.

I don't get it? Shouldn't have to save EP to delete... doesn't it just go negative if you have all your EP assigned?

I think you have to delete them yourself because they are too lazy to code it themselves.

I smell exploits.... and bacon.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Mmmm.. bacon

It sounds like there are game issues tied to deleting a character, like what happens to a corp if you are CEO?

Again, well done devs, it will keep people playing, plus neoxx i'm having a bacon sandwich, thats what the smell was wink

Cestus wrote:

what happen to a corp if the CEO does a reset ?

You can't delete a character until he has any corporation roles, so you can't do a reset either. You will have to assign the CEO role to someone else.
This might also give you an answer to the question why don't we simply allow to reset accounts just like that smile