Topic: One time EP Respec coming down the pipe?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game … 91#3969091

Wondering if there is any truth to what's being said in this topic. Mostly concerning the posts by BoyC.

Re: One time EP Respec coming down the pipe?

A good call if you ask me. A game should be rewarding not punishing.

Former CEO of X-23

90% speculation and 10% wish.

4 (edited by Zorac 2010-12-21 19:56:51)

BoyC wrote:

Due to the large number of such requests, a limited account reset system has been in the works the past week. Hold on.

BoyC wrote:

Not exactly. A one-time, limited (as in once within the first 45 days after you created your first character) account reset will be possible. Nothing more.

100% confirmed by one of the devs (BoyC) is not speculation or wish.

Former CEO of X-23

Because developers always deliver...

In this game they do, yes

7 (edited by Arga 2010-12-21 20:32:26)

I'm not dissing the dev's, even with the best intentions things don't always work out like they hope.

Edit: This is one reason why game developers tend not to offically promise anything.

Still doesn't make it speculation. Wishful thinking though? Definitely atleast a little of that. Hopefully they do implement it.

Just realised BoyC's posts are on another forum. The BoyC on there might be fake. Has anything been mentioned through official channels?

Man this would be awesome for the game right now....

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

Red Five wrote:

Just realised BoyC's posts are on another forum. The BoyC on there might be fake. Has anything been mentioned through official channels?

That's not a fake BoyC

Interesting that first mention of this is on a 3rd party site =\

(I'm using "interesting" in the worst way possible)

Snowstyle wrote:

Still doesn't make it speculation. Wishful thinking though? Definitely atleast a little of that. Hopefully they do implement it.

I put speculation in because its on an unoffical forum.

But I'd be willing to swap to 90% wish.

If you look at all the posts from BoyC, it looks like he is legitimately a dev. But even Zoom posts unoffical stuff here on these forums, so until its in the patch notes, its just speculation... speculation by a highly informed source though.

Cal Sinai wrote:

Interesting that first mention of this is on a 3rd party site =\

(I'm using "interesting" in the worst way possible)

Agreed if there is truth to these posts I'm disappointed that I had to stumble across them by chance on MMORPG.com instead of hearing about it on the main perpetuum forums

If they are going to do it, they need to pull the trigger. Some accounts are in their 34th day as of today, leaving 11 days left before this is no longer an option.

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

You don't have to speculate, the account reset option will come tomorrow with the terms BoyC wrote.

DEV Zoom wrote:

You don't have to speculate, the account reset option will come tomorrow with the terms BoyC wrote.

So everyone gets a free respec tommrow? Interesting.

Thanks for the confirmation Zoom

o/

DEV Zoom wrote:

Will we get further information regarding this? (Either right now, or with patch notes?)

Questions I have:

"Account Reset" does that mean all items, and characters are deleted, and we are refunded every skillpoint as if we had a blank account sitting there from the time of activation?

Are there any penalties associated with the reset? Ie: you get back all of your EP except for a 1000 point fee.

If not, then why? Shouldn't the players that aren't going to reset get something as a reward/incentive?

Cal Sinai wrote:

If not, then why? Shouldn't the players that aren't going to reset get something as a reward/incentive?

I think it's more to make the game a bit more newbie friendly at the start with the 45 days from character creation time limit & one time use

This should answer your questions hopefully:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Account_reset

account reset >< agent respec

Oh dear. all that research. maybe I won't reset prawn. lol.

24 (edited by Draz 2010-12-21 21:58:30)

DEV Zoom wrote:

This should answer your questions hopefully:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Account_reset

I'm barely able to type, laughing about all the Industrial characters that will lose all of their Research Knowledge for taking the reset option, or the solo players, who will lose all of their items/NIC.

Beautiful.

Oh, almost forgot. What about the 2880 EP penalty for deleting characters? Will that carry over if the account goes into negative EP?

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

all the spy agents that have to be deleted to get the main agent respecced wink