1 (edited by Gremrod 2014-05-15 16:47:29)

Topic: What I want from gamma islands

As a player or as a Corporation I would like to have a base or live on a gamma island so I can control specific resource or resources that are found on the gamma island and cannot be found on beta or alpha islands.

I want to be able to build a base so I can make the island a home and get away from the cookie cutter bases found on alpha and beta. I want these bases to have better facilities than beta and alpha. ( This is the part that everyone has their own ideas on how it should work no details on this from me at this time. )

The following are some ideas on why I would want to live or visit gamma islands.

• I want the new gamma resource or resources tied to a new tier of modules and a new line of bots, mk3 or some new lights, assaults, mechs, and heavy mechs.

• I want to scan and locate special artifact/npc spawns that drop lvl 11+ decoders, cortexes for mk3 production, mk3 CTs, incubators, fragments and any other items needed for the production of new tiered modules and bots. ( These items only come from gamma artifacting or only dropped by gamma npc spawns )

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: What I want from gamma islands

I got a 10 page post of what should go into gamma once its balanced and viable long term... wink

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

I got a 10 page post of what should go into gamma once its balanced and viable long term... wink

I am not saying these are things that should go into gamma. They are just my ideas. But please link the thread I want to read it.

The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion terraforming is too strong of a mechanic to put in the hands of the players, regardless of the imposed limitations. It's always a ticking timebomb until some smart player figures out how to abuse it to create perfect safety/perfect beaconpit/perfect xyz.

The idea of Gamma is quite cool but not if the price is to be online 24/7.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion terraforming is too strong of a mechanic to put in the hands of the players, regardless of the imposed limitations. It's always a ticking timebomb until some smart player figures out how to abuse it to create perfect safety/perfect beaconpit/perfect xyz.

Yeah I am starting to think that way too about TF. But the urge to keep is so great. It is a very cool feature.

I don't want to 24/7 either.

I just hope some way can be found to keep TF in game.

Syndic wrote:

This. I think Gamma should only have designated sections for bases and terraforming. Perhaps only 25% of island subject to terraforming. Access is key. No turtle islands. But then needs balance with stronger bases.

Old model bases relied more on defending islands at the TP. That cannot happen again or it will be boring.

Stronger bases, weaker islands.

7 (edited by Gremrod 2014-05-15 18:53:36)

Rage Rex wrote:

Or another way to say it.

Better base mechanics, 100% access all the time to all gamma islands for all players/corps.

8 (edited by Annihilator 2014-05-15 19:37:41)

Gremrod wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:

Or another way to say it.

Better base mechanics, 100% access all the time to all gamma islands and something to do there for all players/corps.

you forgot the most important part that you have pointed out in that other topic, fixed that for you

Gremrod wrote:

What can I get from gamma that I cannot get on beta or alpha? Create that foundation first and then build the gamma structure mechanics on top of that foundation.

for me, i want to have an NPC Warfront on gamma. NPC fights that i fight for the fun and combat, not for the loot.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Creating a new tier/new bots/new XYZ makes it mandatory to go through the 24/7 process, and provides extra incentive to proactively look for ways to exploit terraforming to secure the faucet pipe of new stuffs.

CIR Complaint Form

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ma-viable/

What I wanted.

sad

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

11 (edited by Gremrod 2014-05-16 05:17:29)

Meh.

Gremrod wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Yeah I am starting to think that way too about TF. But the urge to keep is so great. It is a very cool feature.

I don't want to 24/7 either.

I just hope some way can be found to keep TF in game.

Welcome to the decision i came to back when PHM first went to Berges tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

13 (edited by Aye Pod 2014-05-16 15:12:45)

I personally think that not all gamma islands should be created equal. I think the ones that are reachable from alpha via interzone should be limited in either the number of terminals allowed on the island (2 instead of 3) or maybe a penalty to each buildings power grid. This would hopefully promote players to settle gamma islands farther away from alpha where the logistics getting there would be more difficult.

Syndic wrote:

I've said this before walls and I've said this before terraforming mechanic introduced.

Any severe obstacle to movement/roaming (i.e. anti-pvp) on a large scale will kill interest in the game.

It's happened before, it can happen again.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

old corporations and large alliances, stop motivate developers to make you sweet, all what you want, cannot like beginners

Just @ Game

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Syndic wrote:

I've said this before walls and I've said this before terraforming mechanic introduced.

Any severe obstacle to movement/roaming (i.e. anti-pvp) on a large scale will kill interest in the game.

That is what they are trying to avoid in this new release. They are trying to find a way to allow people to build on gamma and still leave the islands open for roaming / pvp.

BadAss wrote:

old corporations and large alliances, stop motivate developers to make you sweet, all what you want, cannot like beginners

We are not trying to sweeten the game just for old corps and large alliances. If you know what you would like to see on gamma as a new corp or player than post it.

Grophos.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

19 (edited by Gremrod 2014-05-16 17:41:28)

Mongolia Jones wrote:

This would also apply to any outpost in the game that you can dock in. They stop movement and are anti-pvp.

So I think as long as they put limits on the TF and wall building then you can catch people outside of their safe areas like you currently do on beta before they reach an outpost or TP back to alpha.

20 (edited by BadAss 2014-05-17 00:15:59)

make so that gamma islands not worked ewar. i want see new tactical attack

Just @ Game

BadAss wrote:

make so that gamma islands not worked ewar

Thank you for your contribution.

Hi, welcome to Chaos corp, oh sorry you got kicked.

Learn to fly and use all bots. not just boom boom.

Sorry our ewar pwns you.

Get used to it.

BadAss wrote:

BadAss wrote:

Just an idle curiosity, but do you have razors in your bathroom?

CIR Complaint Form

24 (edited by BadAss 2014-05-17 02:31:30)

Now, you do not like my idea. just do not like me and your ideas. therefore, no changes are necessary. only terraforming smile

p.s. me kicked from chaos? no )) it only your fantasy dude.

Just @ Game

But that still doesn't answer if you have razors in your bathroom

CIR Complaint Form